Marathon Weekend 2018

Unfortnately, runDisney doesn’t care who buys the merchandise, just that someone does. I wish they had more pre-order options (that you can see ahead of time) and everything available to order online after (but then most of us would skip the expo, so the vendors who paid for booths wouldn’t be happy). I REFUSE to pay for early access, so if that means less merch for me, fine.

It’s crappy for sure. :( I’d highly encourage people to email runDisney with your feedback.
Depending on my experience when I get there in a few hours l will likely send an email. I actually am friends with someone who used to work as the Guest Experiences Associate at RunDisney and his job was to collect feedback from the RunDisney races and use it to improve future races/experiences. I just texted him joking that since he left, the Expo is falling apart lol.

@JClimacus my parents got booted from their 8:00 am flight to a 7:30 delta flight out of Boston. Hopefully you hear soon and don’t have to drive all that way.

The Expo was a sh!+show, honestly. They weren’t prepared for a Race Retreaters this morning, so we stood outside and got soaked until they could distribute wristbands to prove we belonged inside. After a couple hundred of us got soaking wet, they finally moved the check-in to a better location.

I got a Dopey tank, pullover and Weekend hat, my preorder jacket and race stuff and was out in 20 minutes ... after they let us in LATE.

Just got back from a second run at the Expo to do hood rat stuff with my friends, but it was so poorly organized and ridiculous. I’m back to being nervous about the tiny corrals on Saturday and Sunday.

And apparently Carissa is staying at YC/BC, so it’s like this weekend just hates me already.

Sorry to hear about everyone's crummy expo experiences. It's pretty sad that people take all of your hard work and just try to make a buck off it. Best of luck with your purchases, gang.

And apparently Carissa is staying at YC/BC, so it’s like this weekend just hates me already.

I'm so glad that other people find Carissa as annoying as I do!

Sorry to hear about all of the expo craziness - that all sounds like madness. I'm just hoping that they have an "I Did It" marathon shirt left by Saturday...I apparently placed my order for my tech shirt in a size too small (ugh!) so I'm hoping to get another shirt as a replacement.

Sorry to hear about all of the expo craziness - that all sounds like madness. I'm just hoping that they have an "I Did It" marathon shirt left by Saturday...I apparently placed my order for my tech shirt in a size too small (ugh!) so I'm hoping to get another shirt as a replacement.

They typically offer a shirt exchange for race shirts if you are willing to go back. It is in the expo, not where you originally picked up your bib/shirt.

There is a shirt exchange booth in the main vendor room (Visa Center) of the Expo.

They typically offer a shirt exchange for race shirts if you are willing to go back. It is in the expo, not where you originally picked up your bib/shirt.
There is a shirt exchange booth in the main vendor room (Visa Center) of the Expo.

Thanks guys. I've tried to exchange in the past and I haven't had any luck yet. I'm also going to be getting there around 2 pm (if I'm lucky) on Saturday so I'm expecting slim pickings overall.

The Expo was a sh!+show, honestly. They weren’t prepared for a Race Retreaters this morning, so we stood outside and got soaked until they could distribute wristbands to prove we belonged inside. After a couple hundred of us got soaking wet, they finally moved the check-in to a better location.

I got a Dopey tank, pullover and Weekend hat, my preorder jacket and race stuff and was out in 20 minutes ... after they let us in LATE.

Just got back from a second run at the Expo to do hood rat stuff with my friends, but it was so poorly organized and ridiculous. I’m back to being nervous about the tiny corrals on Saturday and Sunday.

I agree.

Finally back and on my way to MK.

Do you guys recommend taking the bus to the expo or driving? I've taken the bus both times I've gone, but I'll have the car this time. I'll be going tomorrow morning not today if that makes a difference.

So the expo was a bust for me. No dopey jackets except L OR XL and no or marathon jackets in anything smaller than M. I held up the medium to my body and it reached my knees (im 5’2) so I just couldn’t justify spending the money when it was going to be a dress on me. Poorly executed and pretty disappointed. Trying to stay positive and hope it’s not a foreshadowing of events for this weekend

I am just glad I had Race Retreat and came via hotel bus after hearing everything. Honestly the stories I’m hearing reminds me of the inaugural Dumbo. Which I had thought they had learned from...

The jackets were cut really large for some reason. I normally wear large in sweatshirts and jackets. But I ended up getting a small.

Survived the expo. Race Retreat for early entry was money well spent. Staying at SSR and got a little anxious when bus didn’t show up until 9:50 (they said 9:30itd be there). But made it through RunDisney merchandise, bib pickups and part of other vendors by noon.

The one problem I had, which was corrected was shirt exchange. Doing Dopey and ordered size medium. Well unisex 5k is too big as men’s size so I went to exchange for a medium. First Lady would not let me unless I returned all 6 shirts for a small. I explained sizing was men’s for 5k vs women’s for rest. She still didn’t care. Asked for person in charge and he didn’t care either. He said I should have ordered a smaller size. I tried explaining how the 5 main shirts fit and you can only do one size. I don’t know if he finally got it or was sick of listening to me, but he exchanged just the 5k for me. Not sure on policy if they should have exchanged an individual shirt or not, but I’m happy. I like all the shirts. Doubt I’ll wear the white though.

Survived the expo. Race Retreat for early entry was money well spent. Staying at SSR and got a little anxious when bus didn’t show up until 9:50 (they said 9:30itd be there). But made it through RunDisney merchandise, bib pickups and part of other vendors by noon.

The one problem I had, which was corrected was shirt exchange. Doing Dopey and ordered size medium. Well unisex 5k is too big as men’s size so I went to exchange for a medium. First Lady would not let me unless I returned all 6 shirts for a small. I explained sizing was men’s for 5k vs women’s for rest. She still didn’t care. Asked for person in charge and he didn’t care either. He said I should have ordered a smaller size. I tried explaining how the 5 main shirts fit and you can only do one size. I don’t know if he finally got it or was sick of listening to me, but he exchanged just the 5k for me. Not sure on policy if they should have exchanged an individual shirt or not, but I’m happy. I like all the shirts. Doubt I’ll wear the white though.

Yeah the 5k shirt is a policy thing. I got told the same thing I think in 2016 and I just decided to live with it.

Our bus was late too (PoFQ) so I’m wondering if everyone got dispatched late...

So just to make sure I am reading the event guide correctly, we all have to board a bus within a 30minute window tomorrow between 3:30 and 4am? That’ll be fun...

Crap one of the tags for the Race Retreat gifts came off.And the bands on too tight to remove the band itself and make sure I don’t lose the other one before Saturday. Looks like I’m going by the expo again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter