Marathon Weekend 2018

If it wasn’t for my FoP FP I’d be leaving too.

We were at AK today too - does anyone know what happened? I've never been here at peak times before but that seemed crazy. I also would have left but wanted to do FoP. I can't imagine who would wait 4 hours to ride anything.

We were at AK today too - does anyone know what happened? I've never been here at peak times before but that seemed crazy. I also would have left but wanted to do FoP. I can't imagine who would wait 4 hours to ride anything.
Lots of schools still out + marathon weekend + no rain and such today.

Space Mountain on NYE had a 330 minute wait time. For those not wanting to do the math, that’s 5.5 hours. SM is my all-time favorite ride at Disney and under no circumstances would I even think about getting in that line.

Has anyone else had issues getting ohotopass to recognise their code? Mine keeps telling me it is invalid. Can’t get the code for any of the races to work. I have a five number bib, so a missing zero isn’t the issue...

Lots of schools still out + marathon weekend + no rain and such today.

Space Mountain on NYE had a 330 minute wait time. For those not wanting to do the math, that’s 5.5 hours. SM is my all-time favorite ride at Disney and under no circumstances would I even think about getting in that line.

Crazy. We've always gone in November so maybe I'm spoiled and used to only waiting 60 minutes for popular rides, and being able to park your car at the actual park you're visiting.

I went to the expo today and it was very manageable. This (hopefully) will be my first full marathon and so I got over-excited and purchased a large and expensive commemorative frame from one of the expo vendors. So I guess now I really have to finish...

I am trying to link my bib in my Disney experience so I can get my photos, but it says not a valid photopass ID. Do I have to wait till after the race? I am doing 10k and Marathon.
I'm having the same issue! I've tried on the app and on line.
Where are people entering the number - is it link tickets? a screen sot of the successful site would be great!! TIA

Crazy. We've always gone in November so maybe I'm spoiled and used to only waiting 60 minutes for popular rides, and being able to park your car at the actual park you're visiting.

I went to the expo today and it was very manageable. This (hopefully) will be my first full marathon and so I got over-excited and purchased a large and expensive commemorative frame from one of the expo vendors. So I guess now I really have to finish...
All of Central Florida schools are out until Monday. It's a double whammy with New Years falling on a Monday. Have a great race weekend!

We were there on Tuesday and it was exactly the same situation. This was after MK was virtually empty on Monday (compared to what we expected on New Year’s Day anyway). Rain seems to have scared off a ton of people on Monday and Wednesday and everyone has been trying to make up for it on these other days.

What I’ve learned:
1. People really, really freaking hate the rain.
2. People are completely fine with freezing their butts off and waiting frickin forever in queues as long as it isn’t raining.

ETA: We had a lunch reservation at Tusker House for 11:55 on Tuesday. We weren’t seated until 12:47 and we were given two tables (which is a big problem with a group of 6 kids under 10 who all have very strong opinions about seating arrangements and who they sit next to). We were a group of twelve, but we were checked in 10 minutes early, didn’t have any special needs and this reservation has been on the books for most of the 180 day window. That was my ultimate example of how unprepared Disney was for the crowd and the first time I’ve been truly disappointed by my treatment at a Disney park in a long time.

Last edited:
We watched some guy being a real jerk to a CM at SDMT today. Just giving him crap about how many FP Riders he was letting through compared to standby - asking him if he realized the line was 3 hours long.

I totally understand the frustration of insane lines, but dude, you chose to get in a line with a posted 3 hour wait and you did it at noon on one of the busiest days of the year. That’s not the poor CMs fault. Thankfully we did have a FP which once we used, was our last ride of the day. Craziness!

When I was a CP (waaay back in 2008), we had several days around the holidays when MK and DHS closed. AK and Epcot basically never close, but the lines just get unreal. I worked at Safaris and our line was 4.5 hours long versus the normal 20-45 minute line. It went to the Africa bridge and then looped back to the entrance. I had some shifts where I would literally spend half of my shift working "crowd control" and converting sidewalks into two lanes of one-way traffic or walking the line to make sure no one tried to jump in. I have to say, I have never been yelled at so much in my life...or purposefully hit by as many strollers. It was insanity!!

You didn’t see the merchandise last year? It’s same material used as the stuff from last year.

I don’t recall seeing any hoodies. They might’ve been gone by the time I got there on Saturday. I have two shirts, the “free” marathon shirt and one I bought. Totally different material. I guess I’m wondering if it’s sweatshirt material or a stretchier carbon fiber, like in a UA hoodie.

We watched some guy being a real jerk to a CM at SDMT today. Just giving him crap about how many FP Riders he was letting through compared to standby - asking him if he realized the line was 3 hours long.

I totally understand the frustration of insane lines, but dude, you chose to get in a line with a posted 3 hour wait and you did it at noon on one of the busiest days of the year. That’s not the poor CMs fault. Thankfully we did have a FP which once we used, was our last ride of the day. Craziness!
Yeah there were some definite angry people out today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter