Marathon Weekend 2018

Woohoo grabbed an 8:15 dinner reservation after the marathon for Be Our Guest. Is it later then I would like? Yes. However this is the reservation I’ve been trying to land for days now so I’m ecstatic. Going to keep checking to see if I can get an earlier time. Otherwise I’ll make do snacking.

On the bus at 3:30 or 4 tomorrow?

What is the concensus?

They’re saying to be on by 3:30. Considering previous years it was 4 you can probably get away with it. But I wouldn’t want to get caught in traffic...

They must be trying to compete with the Disney-inspired stuff from SparkleSkirts and Raw Threads. Sucks that isn’t not functional. :(

Exactly. And I was also eyeing the Cheshire tank, but the material was way too heavy for this Floridian. Almost like swimsuit/SS material. They’re probably catering to people who want to costume-run in the fly. :confused3

That's disappointing! For not much more I can get a Sparkle Skirt with shorts and awesome pockets. I'll pass.

Exactly my thoughts! So disappointing. :(

I checked the Cheshire Cat skirt (naturally) and there were no shorts underneath. At $60 with no shorts - I assume you’re supposed to purchase the matching leggings at $75 - I said nope. :(
I don't think there were pockets either. While the skirts were cute, they were not functional. Sparkleskirts has a superior product. I'm not sure if I missed it, but I didn't see Sparkleskirts at the expo.

I don't think there were pockets either. While the skirts were cute, they were not functional. Sparkleskirts has a superior product. I'm not sure if I missed it, but I didn't see Sparkleskirts at the expo.

They had some big sale and open house at their HQ (which is near Orlando). Maybe that was instead of doing the expo? I assume (hope) they'll be back for Princess.

Reminder for the HM pre race meetup:

IMG_1018.JPG

As an additional reminder this is a different meeting spot than the 5k/10k. The meeting spot is through the gear check in the "L" of the ports potties. Whenever they open the walk to the corrals around 4:00-4:30 is when I'll plan on leaving. I will be wearing red pants and a white Wisconsin hoodie.

Quick Question #2: bag check. Do u guys check something to wear after the race? I am afraid of being really cold at the finish after sweating and dropping all my throwaway sweatshirts. But I prefer not to deal with a bag check.

They had some big sale and open house at their HQ (which is near Orlando). Maybe that was instead of doing the expo? I assume (hope) they'll be back for Princess.
They’ve posted on facebook before that this particular expo is too expensive for them, hence the open house. I Think they’re normally at the other Disney race expos.

Quick Question #2: bag check. Do u guys check something to wear after the race? I am afraid of being really cold at the finish after sweating and dropping all my throwaway sweatshirts. But I prefer not to deal with a bag check.

I don't like to hassle with bag check either, but I've checked a hat, jacket and fleece pants for both races so far and been glad I did.

Reminder for the HM pre race meetup:

View attachment 292560

As an additional reminder this is a different meeting spot than the 5k/10k. The meeting spot is through the gear check in the "L" of the ports potties. Whenever they open the walk to the corrals around 4:00-4:30 is when I'll plan on leaving. I will be wearing red pants and a white Wisconsin hoodie.

Hey @DopeyBadger - what are the odds the 2017 corral start times hold this year (relatively the same at least) considering the mini waves they are doing? Or was that just for the 10k and not the 13.1 or 26.2?

Expo for my husband was easy! Officially the cheapest expo ever for us. We got in and out only spending $20 for the throwaway weather suit for my husband as he is unsure of the weather after the freezing experience we had this morning at Animal Kingdom. I'll gladly spend that money to make him feel ok! None of the other booths had anything that called out to us.

I liked the set up of how the marathon bibs were in the main hall.

I will be going with him to the start line for the Marathon. He wants to see if I can get him a marathon weekend pre-order jacket and the extras would be sold at that point.

Guess that means I'll end up at MK/TTC to cheer him on and then back to the Boardwalk. He wants a beer when he leaves the Hollywood Studios Pathway and that is something I can easily comply with!

FYI - for those who were looking for some merch, World of Disney at Disney Springs is getting some of the marathon weekend merch tomorrow, although nothing dopey. So if anyone is heading over there tomorrow, just a heads up!

Totally checking a bag. 1/2 is too far to wear anything extra without burning up and the temperature is too cold to stand around in sweaty 1/2 running attire. That goes double for the marathon.

Does anyone here know exactly where, near the castle, the "Chear Zone" is located at the Magic Kingdom? My wife has the Chear Squad platinum package, and it is note dtha there's a special area near the castle where this is at. Just curious. If we know now, it will save her some time getting situated. Thank you in advance! And, good luck to all of the Half and full marathoners out there!

They’re saying to be on by 3:30. Considering previous years it was 4 you can probably get away with it. But I wouldn’t want to get caught in traffic...

The cast member on our bus this morning said if busses aren’t at Epcot at 5:00 they were shutting down the roads and not letting them in. He said it was new this year for the half and full and to make sure you got on a bus early.

So.... Doing laundry this evening for more cold weather clothes for tomorrow. Well guess who was a dumb a** and turned on the top dryers when my clothes were in the bottom dryers?? :sad: I had to reset them for another hour! I seriously want to cry! I just want to go to bed and still have another 20 minutes on the dryer. :sad2:

So I've been too busy in the parks to catch up, so sorry if this has already been brought up: the race shirts where each park's symbol is pictured, it's the wrong castle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter