Marathon Weekend 2018

Well, I have my self named Tweedle Dumb challenge (10K and 1/2) complete and now it’s time to relax for the next 5 days! Had a good run this morning and for some reason have been eating like crazy since finishing. Good luck to all you marathoners and dopeys tomorrow! Hope all goes well with your race and goals. I’ll be sleeping! :faint:

Last edited:
Good luck tomorrow everyone.

Can someone remind me where I can find beer in the world showcase post race before 11 am? I think we may just walk back to Boardwalk from the finish line.

@Keels I think I saw you on the course this morning. First at the castle and then in line for Stitch. I wasn’t sure so that’s why I didn’t say anything.

Stitch was also hanging out in Epcot. He was right past the turn around on the right. I figured he would be missed so close for the end

@camaker i feel so bad for you but like others said let your morning gut decide what to do.

i had so much fun watching some of the half, we did AK emh so didn't get to Epcot till 9:20 but saw lots of awesome runners and costumes!!! Never spectated at Disney before so it was great being on this side for a change. Seeing everyone on the road from the bus was inspiring too!!!

Some jerk guest griped he was paying a lot to have to wait at the crosswalk and the cm said sorry however these runners are paying a lot too. It was like a 5 min wait if that.

Another rookie question. Sorry. Do I need to carry ID with me during the marathon? Just wondering how the checked gEAR bag works, and how I will retrieve t without a license? Unless of course i's ties to magic band or race bib. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Another rookie question. Sorry. Do I need to carry ID with me during the marathon? Just wondering how the checked gEAR bag works, and how I will retrieve t without a license? Unless of course i's ties to magic band or race bib. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

You don’t need an ID. They go by your bib number.

My 5k/10k bib dropped somewhere in World Showcase. Mad at myself right now. Guess at least it isn’t the one I need tomorrow

Did anyone catch a monorail or bus between 3:30 to 4 am today and have any issues? RunDisney emailed me that 4am was ok but of course the guide says 3:30.

You don’t need an ID. They go by your bib number.
Thanks, Croach! I read somewhere that there is a sticker that comes with your bib that your supposed to peel off and place on your gear bag. Only sticker on my is the tracking sticker on the back. Do the attendants place a sticker on the bag with your bib number?

Thanks, Croach! I read somewhere that there is a sticker that comes with your bib that your supposed to peel off and place on your gear bag. Only sticker on my is the tracking sticker on the back. Do the attendants place a sticker on the bag with your bib number?

Yeah they do it at bag drop now.

Had fun running with my dad this morning! I really liked the change in how we enterted the magic kingdom.

I agree with those who thought the mini waves got out faster. My dad and I were in F in the second wave and we started a little after 6:00.

Trying to relax for the rest of the day so I can be ready for the full tomorrow!

@camaker Pixie dust to you. We all wish we had magic healing powers (I'd take a few myself)

As for me, 3 down. So far so good (except for a chafing problem that I will NOT provide details of). Ran 5k at slow goal pace. 10k, a random guy ran with me cause he forgot his watch and asked what pace I was doing. First time I have ever done a race running with another person. We were okay the first few miles but then sped up a little.

Totally random...met the same guy again today and did first mile together. Ran my race a little faster than I wanted. Stupid on ramp with Sarge was my fastest mile.

Have to say, it's sorta fun to run not race. I was pretty smile-y..... definitely not me!

Tomorrow will be a challenge due to fatigue and chafing, but gotta get it done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter