• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

Achilles is tender. This has been an issue for awhile for me. It is not serious, tendinitis, so I intend to get out there and see how it goes. Start slow and see how things respond. Anxious and excited. I am going to take January off running and let things settle a bit and then build up to some summer races.

Good luck to all you Goofy, Dopey and Marathon runners! 26.2 to go.

Lots of fluids for me today and a big nap. I had soup for dinner, everything is staying down. I will start tomorrow. I am hoping I feel better in the morning. Will definitely not be the race I hoped for, but I will remember my goal. This is a fun race and my goal is not to be injured so I can kick off serious training for Chicago.

@John VN are you at the fort? Good luck!!
You go girl!!

So sorry to read about people struggling with illness and soreness! :(

Last year the marathon was really tough for me and I found it helpful to break it up into smaller chunks - having smaller goals to focus on made it all less overwhelming. This is basically what I was telling myself to get through:

- Make it through the first 5K
- Now make it to Magic Kingdom
- MAGIC KINGDOM YAY!
- 10K flag up next
- 15K flag up next
- Get to Animal Kingdom!
- ANIMAL KINGDOM YAY! REAL BATHROOMS YAY! HALFWAY POINT YAY!
- Wide World of Sports next! Lots of fun characters here!
- Just get to the Studios...”sing” Sweet Caroline en route
- STUDIOS YAY!
- Just get to Epcot...
- EPCOT YAY BUT WHERE HAVE THESE HILLS IN WORLD SHOWCASE COME FROM?? STILL YAY!
- GOSPEL CHOIR YAY!
- DUNZO GIMME THAT BLING NAPTIME SHOWER TIME EAT ALL THE FOOD

Rooting for all of you!! Good luck and have fun tomorrow! :grouphug:

Last edited:

Loving reading everyone’s updates over the last few days, definitely jealous apart from the weather!

Good luck all for tomorrow, it will be done and dusted by the time I wake up. Extra good luck to @DopeyBadger - you’ve done amazingly well so far!

Up and having some N.Y. Style Cheese Cake with organic peanut butter and espresso from my traveling Nespresso Inissia machine. Goes where I go for some good stuff. Be filling one of my water bottles with Kazaar and bringing it to the corals.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY TODAY !!!!

Bus nightmares coming true. Driver decided to drive the race course at 9 mile then realized he was lost. Have runners giving him directions on how to get there. Did see the natulis and Where a character stop will be

Realizing the majority of the thread is out running right now, but I'm see reports that marathon finishers will receive anniversary mouse ears as a special gift at the finish.
The male winner time was 2:17
Dopeybadger is well past 20 miles and on pace to PR.
I'm tracking a bunch of people which is so fun.
I can see the moments people speed up and slow down and I know there must be some fun character stopping.
Good job everyone!!!!

Just popping in to say you are all an inspiration! My daughter is 13 and an elite competitive swimmer. Yesterday we saw everyone running at the entrance to Epcot. Dd was mesmerised. She plans to run the 10k and the half next year, as those are the races open to her. She just loved watching it all and thinks she can do it to! I have no doubt she can. It’s wonderful to see how your commitment and participation drives others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter