Marathon Weekend 2018

I’m waiting on the bus to head back to the airport. Sadly I’m doing it solo. We had to get Chris a flight to KC yesterday to see his dad. They found a brain tumor they must remove. Unfortunately he has a very bad heart and we aren’t sure he can survive the surgery. He’s headed into the procedure any time now so if anyone wants to offer up prayers or good thoughts we’d appreciate it. Not really the conclusion of the weekend we’d planned, but hoping he can get through the surgery and that the tumor is benign.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope everything turns out well for you and your family.

Popping in to thank those on this feed for all the insight I received leading up to the Dopey Challenge! Our family absolutely fell in love with WDW after being DLR “veterans,” and we enjoyed our 7 straight park days. The cold was the worst part for us as it was 80 the day we left out of LAX, and it certainly made race mornings draining.

We were certainly missing our rD DLR expos on Wednesday (what a nightmare), but headed back Thursday night to look at merchandise and there wasn’t a wait for anything. So proud of my hubby for completing his first full marathon and Dopey at that! Thank you all again!:lovestruc

I’m waiting on the bus to head back to the airport. Sadly I’m doing it solo. We had to get Chris a flight to KC yesterday to see his dad. They found a brain tumor they must remove. Unfortunately he has a very bad heart and we aren’t sure he can survive the surgery. He’s headed into the procedure any time now so if anyone wants to offer up prayers or good thoughts we’d appreciate it. Not really the conclusion of the weekend we’d planned, but hoping he can get through the surgery and that the tumor is benign.

Good luck and best wishes to you and your family!

Wishing you the best.

I'm definitely proud of those medals earned this year; however I haven't forgotten the pain. To get to my office, I have to go up one flight of stairs and back down another. I felt it this morning, and I'm sure I will again in a few minutes when I go to lunch and return from it. haha.

My building does have an elevator, but I was greeted by an “out of order” sign this morning.

No fair!

Praying for y'all!

Sending hugs and wishes for the best possible outcome.

Has anyone else signed up for the virtual half marathon and Kessel Run Challenge? I'm signed up for the WDW First Order Challenge and was disappointed I couldn't complete the Kessel Run portion as they discontinued the West Coast RD events. I just noticed online they're advertising a virtual half marathon and Kessel Run now. Just wasn't sure if anyone else signed up for this and was their some catch I wasn't seeing. I'd love to complete that KRC is possible and run half marathon distances regularly on the weekends so I could easily knock out the virtual portion of that.

Sending so many hugs and good vibes to your family.

Huge prayers and hugs sent your way.

I am so sorry to hear this. Wishing the best for your family.

Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and your family.

I just realized I didn't get a Marathon Magic Band. :sad::sad:

Were those Expo-only? If anyone has one they haven't linked and are willing to part with, I'd be forever grateful. I really don't want to pay $50 on ebay.

I just realized I didn't get a Marathon Magic Band. :sad::sad:

Were those Expo-only? If anyone has one they haven't linked and are willing to part with, I'd be forever grateful. I really don't want to pay $50 on ebay.
I went to the expo and didn't see them so I'm curious about their existence as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter