• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

I’ve been told by friends that it looks like the Disney Store threw up in my house. I’ve got Disney things pretty much everywhere, mugs, hats, the Mickey waffle iron. I’d guess about 40% of my casual clothes are Disney. I listen to Disney music, watch Disney movies, stay up to date on news about the parks. And definitely plan my next trip and then constantly mess with it. I help others plan their trips as well. I’ve been already working on music playlists and costume ideas for Dopey next year.

For this week's Sundays are for Disney, I want to know how you get into Disney mode or bring a touch of Disney into your life when you're back home. Do you have a Disney mug for coffee? Flip through a photo album? Start planning another trip?
I am surrounded by Disney at home and at work. But, when I’m really missing the parks, I tend to find myself watching YouTube videos filmed in the parks (especially Epcot!) and browsing restaurant menus online. For some reason, Disney fever seems to hit me bad every spring. There is something about about more sunshine, warmer temps, and blooming flowers that says “Disney parks” to me!

SAFD: Well I am drinking coffee right now from my reusable mug from my last trip, this is a weekend tradition for me. As others have shared between mugs, clothes and decorations it would be impossible to walk in my house and not recognize my (and my family’s) love of Disney. I like to always have one trip on MDE to hold on to and all the planning that goes into a trip is almost as much fun as the trip it self.

My biggest keep the magic going thing would be the nightly going to bed tradition with my younger daughter. We ask one question about Disney to each other, we have been doing it for almost three years. The questions are totally random and you have to think of it in the moment. We both answer and for a few minutes each night we get to go back to disney. About a month ago it dawned on me to start writing the questions down. We could probably have well over 1000 questions by now. We have managed to remember 150 of them.

My biggest keep the magic going thing would be the nightly going to bed tradition with my younger daughter. We ask one question about Disney to each other, we have been doing it for almost three years. The questions are totally random and you have to think of it in the moment. We both answer and for a few minutes each night we get to go back to disney. About a month ago it dawned on me to start writing the questions down. We could probably have well over 1000 questions by now. We have managed to remember 150 of them.

I love this. I would definitely start writing them all down. Maybe that will jog your memory of past questions. What a great thing to share with your daughter (and maybe a neat wedding gift to her one day?)

SAFD: Most of the picture frames in my office are Disney so always have something to stare at. I also listen to different WDW podcasts when I run to help get the fix that way and dream about the new stuff to come and help plan for our next adventure to the World. But when I really need to remember the magic, I take a page from my kids and head over to YouTube to watch videos from past races, etc.

SAFD: well of course the message boards here help. I’m always busy planning another trip to DL. We have one coming up in April and one in June for sure. 90% of my coffee mugs are Disney. My walllet is the Dooney from Pixar fest that I bought this summer. So basically just little things every day that make me happy!

SAFD: Pretty much all the above! Mugs (My favorite is a Disneyland 1955 because Disneyland and I were "born" the same year), ear hats and baseball caps/visors, many shirts, picture frames, the "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It" medal rack, plushes (Mickey and Mr. Toad sit on each side of the TV), statuettes and a music box, Mickey-shaped fruit basket, Wine and Dine cutting boards and glasses, older AP and runDisney magnets on the washer and dryer (because the fridge is paneled with wood) and the latest on my car, Poly leis and POFQ beads hanging on the dresser mirror, Mickey garden gnome in the backyard flower bed, Lumiere and a framed picture of Mickey on the mantel, a Pandora bracelet full of Disney charms and various Mickey and Minnie earrings, one Dooney from Disneyland race weekend, a few pins (though not really a collector), a digital picture frame with photos of the latest trip rotating constantly, using the Disney H2O+ bath and body products, listening to Sorcerer radio or Amazon Disney music, reading books (the latest is Eat Like Walt), reading the Disney Parks Blog, Disney Food Blog, D23 and All Ears newsletters, watching YouTube videos (especially my favorite RezRuns), and of course watching live streams from Tim Tracker, Resort 1 TV with Josh and Jenna, and Randomland Adventures with Justin. Also, I can make a pretty mean Canadian cheddar cheese soup from the Le Cellier recipe, and we are planning at least two Disney vacations ahead.

Too much? Some friends think we have a "Disney Addiction." I think they are right, but it's the best kind of addiction I can think of!

SAFD: Pretty much all the above! Mugs (My favorite is a Disneyland 1955 because Disneyland and I were "born" the same year), ear hats and baseball caps/visors, many shirts, picture frames, the "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It" medal rack, plushes (Mickey and Mr. Toad sit on each side of the TV), statuettes and a music box, Mickey-shaped fruit basket, Wine and Dine cutting boards and glasses, older AP and runDisney magnets on the washer and dryer (because the fridge is paneled with wood) and the latest on my car, Poly leis and POFQ beads hanging on the dresser mirror, Mickey garden gnome in the backyard flower bed, Lumiere and a framed picture of Mickey on the mantel, a Pandora bracelet full of Disney charms and various Mickey and Minnie earrings, one Dooney from Disneyland race weekend, a few pins (though not really a collector), a digital picture frame with photos of the latest trip rotating constantly, using the Disney H2O+ bath and body products, listening to Sorcerer radio or Amazon Disney music, reading books (the latest is Eat Like Walt), reading the Disney Parks Blog, Disney Food Blog, D23 and All Ears newsletters, watching YouTube videos (especially my favorite RezRuns), and of course watching live streams from Tim Tracker, Resort 1 TV with Josh and Jenna, and Randomland Adventures with Justin. Also, I can make a pretty mean Canadian cheddar cheese soup from the Le Cellier recipe, and we are planning at least two Disney vacations ahead.

Too much? Some friends think we have a "Disney Addiction." I think they are right, but it's the best kind of addiction I can think of!
Have you met Gerald from RezRuns?

@rteetz I haven't officially met Gerald, but have run right next to him a couple of times, including Marathon weekend just before the Magic Kingdom entrance. He seems like a great guy, and he has such a beautiful voice and presence about him. A couple of years ago I got curious and Googled him, and once I learned about his vision problems and the grace with which he handled it all, I admire him even more!

@rteetz I haven't officially met Gerald, but have run right next to him a couple of times, including Marathon weekend just before the Magic Kingdom entrance. He seems like a great guy, and he has such a beautiful voice and presence about him. A couple of years ago I got curious and Googled him, and once I learned about his vision problems and the grace with which he handled it all, I admire him even more!
I met him on the safari during Wine and Dine and then on course during the half this year.

SAFD: I am currently drinking out of my 2016 WDW Marathon glass. I've been in full on planning mode for our Disney spring break/Star Wars weekend trip all week. I've been fine-tuning our touring strategies & dining plans, and working on running costume ideas. I just ordered some Disney themed t-shirts for my family and I bought this one for me:

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1904453-snacks-for-days-world

#snackgoals

SAFD: My kids love watching Disney movies. We do pizza and a movie most Fridays and a Disney movie is picked a big percentage of the time. They also are big into watching ride videos on YouTube right now. We’ve got a lot of merch around the house and Disney comes up a lot in onversation. The boards and podcasts are what I love to check out to always feel connected to it also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter