Marathon Weekend 2020

With the late start for MW next year, Touring Plans has some relatively light crowds for that time next year. It has HS as a 3 on Monday the 13th, about as low as it ever gets. I get that the new attractions make it likely that's an underestimate, but will it get any better any other time. It seems like if you want to see GE, MW is as good a time as any.

The Beauty and the Beast show will be a 3. Everything else will be a 12.

Kidding, but only kind of.

Yes I voted for Peoplemover cause it’s the best.

FoP vs. Pirates was tough. As well as ToT vs. Big thunder.

I voted PeopleMover, too. It’s become an oddly sentimental favorite.

Splash over HM broke my heart, but it had to be done. ToT in an ultra close call over BTMRR and FoP over Pirates.

I love FoP but I picked Pirates.

Knowing our individual ride preferences, this amuses me to no end. I figured you would have been all over FoP. Against most other remaining rides, I would have voted against FoP, but Pirates doesn't do much for me.

Just goes to show that Walt Disney World March Madness is unpredictable!

Edited for clarity.

Knowing our individual ride preferences, this amuses me to no end. I figured you would have been all over FoP. Against most other remaining rides, I would have voted against FoP, but Pirates doesn't do much for me.

Just goes to show that Walt Disney World March Madness is unpredictable!

Edited for clarity.
It’s more nostalgia and classic Disney that got me on that one. It was tough tho.

The Beauty and the Beast show will be a 3. Everything else will be a 12.

This isn’t meant to be a rebuke to your specific statement, but I really don’t get the near universal hatred for this show. I found it to be pretty charming the first time I saw it and thought the live performers were good. Other than the metal benches (and the weird environmental reality of an open air amphitheater in Florida always seeming either freezing cold or surface of the sun hot) there was nothing particularly objectionable about it.

I don’t go out of my way to watch it and I get that it’s not a Broadway production and doesn’t have the nostalgia factor of other attractions; but I really don’t understand the amount of vitriol I’ve seen about it.

This isn’t meant to be a rebuke to your specific statement, but I really don’t get the near universal hatred for this show. I found it to be pretty charming the first time I saw it and thought the live performers were good. Other than the metal benches (and the weird environmental reality of an open air amphitheater in Florida always seeming either freezing cold or surface of the sun hot) there was nothing particularly objectionable about it.

I don’t go out of my way to watch it and I get that it’s not a Broadway production and doesn’t have the nostalgia factor of other attractions; but I really don’t understand the amount of vitriol I’ve seen about it.

No worries. I actually had no idea Beauty and the Beast had a bad rep. I've sat through it once and don't feel a strong desire to do so again, but I didn't think it was a bad experience. I just picked that HS attraction for the sake of my snarky comment and attempt at humor (could've gone with the Disney Junior attraction, but I blanked on the name).

No worries. I actually had no idea Beauty and the Beast had a bad rep. I've sat through it once and don't feel a strong desire to do so again, but I didn't think it was a bad experience. I just picked that HS attraction for the sake of my snarky comment and attempt at humor (could've gone with the Disney Junior attraction, but I blanked on the name).
Haha I went to Beauty and the Beast for the first time this past summer, my sis-in-law wanted to go while the men & kids did something else. I kept looking over at her sideways with this face of disbelief, I’m sorry but I really thought it was insane (there was a woman in an ice cream sundae outfit shimmying her heart out — fun but crazy!), but sil was not returning my looks! She seemed to be... enjoying it? She loves local theater so I chalk it up to different strokes. Maybe I’m a sourpuss. I too had no idea the show had a bad rep generally. It was a full house for the show we attended.

I love FoP but I picked Pirates.
If you want to avoid the crowds definitely don't go to DHS but I am thinking everything will be more crowded overall.

Yes I voted for Peoplemover cause it’s the best.

FoP vs. Pirates was tough. As well as ToT vs. Big thunder.

Pirates is the ultimate Disney attraction. It's an original Disney attraction (I remember being enthralled in 1978), so for me the memories and nostalgia it generates are almost unbearable. And it's also simply very good. The animatronics have stood up over time, and I didn't mind when it broke down right as I was about to debark and I listened to Johnny Depp's monologue a dozen times in a row. I could have sat there and listened to it all afternoon. Typically when we are at MK the rest of the family moves on and I ride Pirates a half dozen times in a row. The ultimate Disney magic as far as I'm concerned. But then I'm the kind of guy who finds something he likes and never tires of it. Maybe why I've been married 32 years.

Pirates is the ultimate Disney attraction. It's an original Disney attraction (I remember being enthralled in 1978), so for me the memories and nostalgia it generates are almost unbearable. And it's also simply very good. The animatronics have stood up over time, and I didn't mind when it broke down right as I was about to debark and I listened to Johnny Depp's monologue a dozen times in a row. I could have sat there and listened to it all afternoon. Typically when we are at MK the rest of the family moves on and I ride Pirates a half dozen times in a row. The ultimate Disney magic as far as I'm concerned. But then I'm the kind of guy who finds something he likes and never tires of it. Maybe why I've been married 32 years.
Pirates is not an opening day attraction tho. opened in 1967 at Disneyland and then 1973 at WDW after people complained it was there. I do agree it’s an ultimate Disney attraction. It created a major film franchise and has been replicated in Tokyo, Paris, and Shanghai. FoP is incredible but nothing screams Disney attraction like Pirates and Haunted Mansion.

Suggestion...how about a dead attractions one at some point? That would fill out SAFD for a few weeks.

I’m jumping the gun and going all in on River Country, with Discovery Island(where I got crapped on by a bird) a close second.

If you can come up with a list of 32 or 16 and build the bracket, I’m game.

Let’s be real, though, Stitch is winning that in a landslide.

If you can come up with a list of 32 or 16 and build the bracket, I’m game.

Let’s be real, though, Stitch is winning that in a landslide.

Horizons
World of Motion
20,000 leagues under the sea
Mr Toads wild ride
snow whites scary adventure
Sky Buckets
Captain EO
Body Wars
ExtraTerrorestrial
Malestrom
Journey Into Imagination( original one with dream finder)
Honey I shrunk the audience

Are some of the ones that would be on my list

I don't necessarily hate it, but it just really, really bothers me that it's out of order. Opening with Be Our Guest instead of Belle just irritates me. That and the beast's growl sounding like a 5 year old kid trying to sound like a lion.

Horizons
World of Motion
20,000 leagues under the sea
Mr Toads wild ride
snow whites scary adventure
Sky Buckets
Captain EO
Body Wars
ExtraTerrorestrial
Malestrom
Journey Into Imagination( original one with dream finder)
Honey I shrunk the audience

Are some of the ones that would be on my list

Good ones! Here are some others:

Great Movie Ride
Studios Tram Tour
Disney Animation Tour
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Universe of Energy
Cranium Command
Food Rocks
Kitchen Kabaret
Dreamflight
Davy Crockett's Canoes

I was kind of surprised at some of my votes, I guess I'm more of a traditionalist than even I thought - Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Peoplemover. Tower is my favorite, so that was fairly easy, even over Thunder Mountain. The tough one for me is Everest vs RNR. I've already changed my vote a few times on that. Right now it's Everest, the unique design and going backwards has me overlooking that the Yeti doesn't work.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter