Marathon Weekend 2020

Tusker House, definitely. But I think we like it more for the feelings we get there. I don't love breakfast buffets!

We had a post half marathon breakfast at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge this year and actually really liked it! Food was good, it wasn't crowded, and it's hard to beat the environment. We've tried Boma but love their dinner so much that breakfast kinda let us down.

Last edited:
SAFD:

... I don’t drink coffee, so I’ve never built a meal around it.
... I booked the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno
... The only other “breakfast” I do at the parks is Les Halles. It’s still pretty much my favorite place in the parks and, even though it’s immensely popular, I still seem to go when the lines are short and it feels like my own private little discovery that I felt it was when I first stumbled upon it.

I’m also not a coffee drinker. I thought I was the only adult in the world who doesn’t like coffee. Glad there are two of us!

The food at Trattoria is good. DH and I have done walk-in there a couple of times. You don’t have to have a reservation if you don’t do the character interaction; they put you in a separate room just to eat! Since our children are grown, we don’t have to do characters we’ve already seen

Amen to Les Halles. Breakfast is the best time to find short lines and a table to eat on.

(Sorry, I don’t know how to put my comments between yours!)

Right now Carnation Cafe on Main Street is our breakfast place.
That's my go to post 10K breakfast the morning before the half. So, so good.

I usually eat breakfast in my room with something I brought from home to save on the food budget and not lost valuable time touring in the parks. However, I learned after the 10K in January that I need to make sure I have a breakfast plan after the race that doesn't involve seeing what I can find in the park.

I'm tentatively planning a non park day after next April's Rival Run so I may try and do a later breakfast at one of the resorts. While I will have an AP, I always say I should spend more time relaxing after races and never do so.

SAFD: I’m a boring breakfast eater. Black coffee and over easy eggs. I don’t like sugar or over the top flavors in the morning. That being said, I thoroughly enjoy the steak and eggs at Cinderella’s Royal Table. I also got the pulled pork eggs benny at Whispering Canyon once and holy wow that was amazing.

SAFD: Stuffing our faces after a half at Boma is a big treat!

Otherwise we don't usually eat breakfast out at Disney - we are DVC so we can make stuff in our room. After a half though - it's fun to splurge a bit with calories and money lol!

What's weird is that I have a bigger appetite after a half than after a full - burn twice the calories, have half the appetite! :rotfl2:

We've tried Boma but love their dinner so much that breakfast kinda let us down.
Agreed! Boma has been my favorite dinner buffet for years. People always raved about their breakfast buffet (the kind of people who might not be adventurous enough to try their dinner buffet). So, I tried their breakfast and was greatly disappointed! Now I stick to dinner at Boma (yum!) and go to Tusker House for breakfast.

Agreed! Boma has been my favorite dinner buffet for years. People always raved about their breakfast buffet (the kind of people who might not be adventurous enough to try their dinner buffet). So, I tried their breakfast and was greatly disappointed! Now I stick to dinner at Boma (yum!) and go to Tusker House for breakfast.
Which is strange because I find both to be very similar.

Which is strange because I find both to be very similar.
I know, right? Maybe it’s all in my head. I just remember having a friend that raved about Boma’s French toast bread pudding. I tried it and was like, meh. Boma’s jungle juice tasted watered down too while Tusker’s is yummy! And of course there are the characters...

Still on the fence about Dopey... still lurking this thread.... so still participating in SAFD:

Not a huge breakfast lover (the food yes, timing, no). I've done Akershus, Cape May and BOG but Starbucks is more my style. Will be trying Bon Voyage after W&D 5K and Supercalifragilistic after the W&D 1/2 this year though. :)

Oh, and @QueenFernando, the beignets are the bomb. :thumbsup2

SAFD:

Depends on the situation.
If it's a busy day at the park, it will likely be a clif bar in the hotel and MAYBE a late breakfast in the park...
In Magic Kingdom, Crystal Palace is fun for a big meal. But also like Nutella Waffle at Sleepy Hollow or cinnamon roll at Gaston.​
In Hollywood Studios, I used always go to Starring Rolls. Now there's really not much there to get excited about.​
In EPCOT I'm going to France, but sometimes will eat in the Land if I'm too lazy to go that far.​
In Animal Kingdom, Tusker House has good food especially if you get in late enough to cheat and get lunch at the tail end.​
If it's a slower day or a non-park day...
Boardwalk bakery if staying in that area​
Kona, but older menu was better​
The Wave if you want to escape from crowds​
Trails End (brunch) if you just want to go into a food coma​

has anyone gone running in the Harbor Hotel area? Our hotel doesn’t have a fitness center and I don’t really want to go the whole week without a run. Just wondering if it’s safe.

I used to live over there off State College and Katella -- try to stay around the Disney property, by running around it. You'd be better off running up Katella than the other streets that parallel Disneyland.... If you're going down Harbor. Run towards Disneyland, not away from it as you're close to Garden Grove and it's not so nice there.

However, I learned after the 10K in January that I need to make sure I have a breakfast plan after the race that doesn't involve seeing what I can find in the park.
They need to serve more breakfasts in the parks for quick serve really. I know they've tried at some, but it seems nothing ever lasts which is too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter