Marathon Weekend 2020

Got all the food reservations we wanted except Sanaa lunch. Looks like they're not offering that anymore in January? Strange. We are going to BOMA instead, which is probably better because it'll be post half marathon and we'll be in "eat all the things" mode.

Now we just wait to book flights.... Tuesday overnight flight and leaving on the last possible plane out on Sunday evening to LAX.

So, our group rate for Marathon Weekend is FINALLY working and anyone who previously talked to me about booking should have received a confirmation email by now!

If anyone else is still interested in joining the group block, I have VERY limited availability for 1/7 at Pop Century - but every day is wide open between 1/8-1/14 at both Pop and CB. The rates for Pop are $122/night (plus tax) and $192/night (plus tax) for CB.

You can add on the Dining Plan at 2020 rates or discounted parks tickets at any point, if that's something you need. I believe you can also book group tickets at the discount WITHOUT having a room reservation, but let me double-check on that.

Are there still rooms available for Pop? Thank you

Got all the food reservations we wanted except Sanaa lunch. Looks like they're not offering that anymore in January? Strange. We are going to BOMA instead, which is probably better because it'll be post half marathon and we'll be in "eat all the things" mode.

Now we just wait to book flights.... Tuesday overnight flight and leaving on the last possible plane out on Sunday evening to LAX.
Boma is SO GOOD. Yum...

Which should I reserve? Tusker House or Boma for dinner? We'll be in AK that day. How hard is it to get from AK to Boma? Is it just easier to stay and eat in the park? Is it true that the food is similar? Any input is appreciated!

Which should I reserve? Tusker House or Boma for dinner? We'll be in AK that day. How hard is it to get from AK to Boma? Is it just easier to stay and eat in the park? Is it true that the food is similar? Any input is appreciated!

I can’t speak to the food at Tusker House, but I did Boma after the marathon this year and it was amazing. Huge selection. Beautiful resort. It’s currently my favorite WDW restaurant (granted, there’s a lot I haven’t tried).

I can’t speak to the food at Tusker House, but I did Boma after the marathon this year and it was amazing. Huge selection. Beautiful resort. It’s currently my favorite WDW restaurant (granted, there’s a lot I haven’t tried).
Boma and Tusker House have pretty much the same food.

Just my opinion, but I prefer the breakfast at Tusker House and dinner at Boma. One plus with dinner at Boma is it gives you an opportunity to enjoy an amazing resort. I love to arrive early and enjoy the sunset over the resort’s private savanna before checking in for dinner. It’s magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter