• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

These are wine and dine but I am thinking the finishes might be similar for January.

With construction this does make sense. Probably let us run under ball at the start since the park isn't open yet and move finish like they have here. Makes me wonder if we will also lose the "gospel" choir? I guess they were technically backstage before so they can just move them, but to me one of the cool aspects was they were in a spot that only the runners got to see them.

With construction this does make sense. Probably let us run under ball at the start since the park isn't open yet and move finish like they have here. Makes me wonder if we will also lose the "gospel" choir? I guess they were technically backstage before so they can just move them, but to me one of the cool aspects was they were in a spot that only the runners got to see them.
Oof that would mega suck to lose the choir

Does anyone who has attended Marathon Weekend before, preferably doing more than one race, have any experience with staying out late the night before a race?

I've attended many Marathon Weekends and so far I've been diligent about getting to bed nice and early, but there's some after hours events happening during marathon weekend this year and I'm trying to decide if disrupting my sleep schedule is worth it and how much of an impact on my running it will have. Has anyone here run with little to no sleep during the weekend before?

I have worked evenings for 25 years, so I have a hard time going to bed early. I regularly don't get a lot of sleep the night before a big race. What I find important is to get a lot of sleep leading up to a big race or event. Sleep is important, but it can be "banked". Just don't forget to put more sleep into the bank after going with little sleep.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

Busy weekend for me. Leaving for Milwaukee in an hour and taking a 26.2-mile victory lap tomorrow. So, you all get Sundays are for Disney a day early.

Let’s keep it simple: what’s your favorite counter service restaurant?

My top two are Flame Tree BBQ for the quality of food and Columbia Harbor House for the overall experience.

Have a great week, everyone!

Busy weekend for me. Leaving for Milwaukee in an hour and taking a 26.2-mile victory lap tomorrow. So, you all get Sundays are for Disney a day early.

My top two are Flame Tree BBQ for the quality of food and Columbia Harbor House for the overall experience.

Beaches & Cream. It’s where my WISH friends & I have our annual marathon weekend reunion. If anyone wants to join us, we’re always there on Saturday at 2pm.

Good luck!

SAFD: Satuli canteen is a new favorite (and yeah for mobile ordering), Baked Potato cart in MK--while not technically a QS-- is an old favorite.

SAFD: Quick service favorite would be Flame Tree, Yorkshire (BEFORE the questionable fish changes), and we tried the one in the Caribbean Beach Resort last month and I'm still talking about my meals there! I was very impressed.

It’s tough to pick just one, so I’ll go with one per park:

MK: Columbia Harbour House. Been going there since the days when the clam chowder was served in sourdough bread bowls. Sadly, those days are long past, but a combo of the lobster roll and clam chowder is one of the things I look forward to every trip.

Epcot: Tangierine Cafe. One of my first food stops in Epcot every trip. The lamb and beef shawarma platter is a go to comfort food and works surprisingly well as a pre-marathon dinner. Honorable mention to Cantina de San Angel and its fish tacos.

AK: Flame Tree Barbecue. Love the ribs and the peaceful, picturesque seating area. Be careful, though, the birds will steal your food in a heartbeat if you turn your back. Honorable mention to Satuli Canteen, which is climbing the list and may well have better food, but can’t compete with the nostalgia and setting of Flame Tree just yet.

DHS: Nothing. I’ll go out of my way to avoid being in the park at counter service time. Nothing stands out or appeals to me, particularly.

Easy, Satuli Canteen in Pandora.

I switched from the 10k to the half a couple weeks ago. Training isn’t going well. The summer heat made me lazy. My POT from a June 10k is 11 seconds short of the next corral (if they don’t change things) so I’m going to attempt to get a better one on Saturday. Considering I haven’t ran more than a 5k since June 2, I’m not optimistic. But the course is supposedly really flat along a paved jogging trail, so hopefully that will help.
I cut over 3 minutes off my last POT attempt!!!! I kept waking up last night thinking how unprepared I am, that it was going to be 36 degrees and it wasn't worth waking up at 6:15am just to not get a better POT. I’m SO HAPPY I dragged my butt out of bed and did it! Waiting for my official time, but clock time was 1:05:29.
My nickname in sports was “Grandma” because I was so slow. So this is a huge accomplishment for me.

SAFD: one per park

MK: Columbia Harbor House. We are usually here because my kids are chicken finger fans and my sister can eat here easily. Love the upstairs seating.

EP: Tangierine Cafe. Although the price has been slowly increasing, the patters are plentiful and has a lot of variety.
Sunshine Seasons is the runner up.

HS: Rosie’s for the fried green tomato sandwich. We also have to say hi to the flying tiger they have hanging on the side of the building (DH’s current squadron).

AK: Satuli hands down but we’ve gone to Restaurantosaurus a few times and it’s surprisingly not terrible.

SAFD: Gosh it's so hard to choose. Pecos Bill's, Sleepy Hollow and Be Our Guest in MK. I've been meaning to try Columbia Harbor for a while now, so maybe this year is the year! In EP I like La Cantina and Sunshine Seasons. I usually do table service in EP... For HS nothing really stands out. AK Satuli Canteen, Flame Tree and Yak n Yeti are my faves.

SAFD: Training is going much better than last year. Already completed a 14 miler, didn't do that until November last year. Saturday will be a half marathon for my POT. Hoping for under 1:52, since I successfully did a 10 mile run at that race pace 10 days ago. Guess I'll see what happens in 4 days. Then on to the Wine & Dine half and the Marathon Weekend full. Good luck to everyone with their own training!
Well, I got POT half done this morning under my goal with a 1:51:18. So glad it's done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter