Marathon Weekend 2020

Looks like E for me, but could sneak into D if numbers shake a little. I'm very happy with either as my new POT came after the deadline!

My sister entered a 1:51 HM for her POT, and she has a copy of her registration info, so we can confirm her info was entered correctly.

She was assigned bib #81XX which puts her in the last corral. :(

Not sure if Disney has automated their checking system, but the results link for her 2018 race is no longer active -- which might explain why she wasn't assigned the correct corral.

Her race results are available on Athlinks, so we'll try to talk to someone at the Expo to see if she can be correctly assigned to Corral B -- the McMillan calculator equates a 1:51 HM to a 3:54 FM.

Looks like I am in D as I expected. My POT was about a minute slower than what I submitted last year and my bib number is just under 100 higher than last year's.

My sister entered a 1:51 HM for her POT, and she has a copy of her registration info, so we can confirm her info was entered correctly.

Not sure if Disney has automated their checking system, but the results link for her 2018 race is no longer active -- which might explain why she wasn't assigned the correct corral.

Her race results are available on Athlinks, so we'll try to talk to someone at the Expo to see if she can be correctly assigned to Corral B -- the McMillan calculator equates a 1:51 HM to a 3:54 FM.

That's a bummer. I submitted a 1:51 1/2 Marathon POT as well (from June 2018) and my bib number is in the 700's (it was in the 800's this past Marathon).

Good luck getting her put into the correct corral! It stinks that the PoT race dropped their results! Outside of the McMillan calculator I can confirm that when I had my PoT of 1:52 I was consistently placed in B.

Have her email them. I had an issue last year where they put me in the last corral even though I submitted a POT that should have had me in a different corral. They responded within a couple of days and everything was sorted out.

that moment of panic when you registered under your maiden name and have since gotten married and changed your name.......will packet pickup be a problem?

that moment of panic when you registered under your maiden name and have since gotten married and changed your name.......will packet pickup be a problem?

Someone on here probably has real experience with this, but my guess is that it should be fine. Maybe bring a copy of the marriage license just in case?

Someone on here probably has real experience with this, but my guess is that it should be fine. Maybe bring a copy of the marriage license just in case?
that was my thought. I completely forgot i registered under my maiden name and thought they lost my registration at first.

That's a bummer. I submitted a 1:51 1/2 Marathon POT as well (from June 2018) and my bib number is in the 700's (it was in the 800's this past Marathon).
It will be interesting to see how things shake out. I entered a 1:51 POT too. Based on the 2019 Goofy placements I would be in A with this years bib number.

With Goofy having a smaller number of runners, they may not have similar corral distributions every year. So who knows. I'll just be happy to be in Florida and running.

Two digit bib number! :woohoo:

@broadsheet Once we have the corrals I'll be able to better pre-predict corral release times. This is because I believe the release timing will be based on rate of runners crossing the line per minute. Something around 400/min. So without the total count per corral it's hard for me to make a good guess on the corral release timing yet.

Additionally, once corrals are released I can start to put together the DIS spreadsheet again. Its primary help will be in sorting out your personal timing when approaching certain milestones on course. Like EE, drinks in EPCOT, timing to DHS, sunrise in MK, etc. etc.

As always it'll be interesting to see how the corrals are divided up and how close the pre-predicted cutoffs end up being. I'm expecting normal HM numbers, but a reduced marathon field.

Submitted 1:44:26 HM time, ended up in the low 30100's for Goofy. So hoping to hang on to my A corral for this year (barely made it last year)

Have her email them. I had an issue last year where they put me in the last corral even though I submitted a POT that should have had me in a different corral. They responded within a couple of days and everything was sorted out.
Much thanks! I completely forgot about the email option. I also just remembered she had a registration problem in 2017 with her name or age when we both ran the Chicago Marathon, and a quick email resolved everything within 1 day.

In your case, did you receive a new bib #?

Much thanks! I completely forgot about the email option. I also just remembered she had a registration problem in 2017 with her name or age when we both ran the Chicago Marathon, and a quick email resolved everything within 1 day.

I had an issue in 2017. I emailed and TrackShack told me to bring the email to Runner Relations and they'd fix it. I didn't get a new number, they put a new letter sticker on the bib I already had. I imagine that's easier for them since we're matched to our bib numbers in the computer.

Last edited:
I am about ten pages behind, but am going to jump straight to posting. I have not been on a real run in over two weeks - December 2nd to be specific. On December 3rd I was doing laundry and reached behind me to grab a hanger and ended up twisting my left knee. I tried to walk it off, then I tried all my runner tricks (ice, epson salt bath, etc.) and finally admitted that I had done something bad.

Went to the walk-on ortho the next morning where the PA was going to give me a shot and send me on my way until she conferred with the doctor who wanted to send me for an MRI. Fast forward one week (which included me ambling around on crutches) and being told I have multiple meniscus tears and running shouldn’t be my primary mode of exercise, but that they aren’t bad enough to do anything about.

As I hadn’t been having any knee pain other than stiffness first thing in the morning, I am planning to get a second opinion from a sports medicine doctor. After waiting ten days I did try a very slow run and had to immediately back off. I am now doing 30-45 minutes of intervals - 4 minutes walking to 1 minute slow running.

I have no idea what I am going to do over Marathon Weekend. I am signed up for the 10k and marathon. Now I am trying to decide whether to drop the 10K and attempt mostly walking the marathon, which sounds tedious and terrifying. Or should I do the 10K in hopes of completing something? I waffle from hour-to-hour and probably won’t decide for sure till the mornings of each race.

So there’s my sad story. I haven’t been injured in at least three years so I am not taking this running ban so well. Walks just don’t knock out the stress for me that running does and going from close to 30 miles a week to nothing sucks. But at least I will be at MW whether I end up running or not - so there’s that!

I did not receive a new bib number. They put a sticker with the new corral letter when I picked up my bib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter