• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

I also agree with Epcot at night. I love all the torches and lights lit up.

I got my 8 miles in today and all body parts, while not 100%, held up well. I ran by feel and didn't look at my watch. I ended up within 11 seconds of my long run pace and my heart rate was low.

This coming week is peak week, but I will just continue doing what I can.

Happy to report that my final Dopey b2b2b2b is DONE!!! 3 Thurs, 6 Fri, moved my 22 to Sat to avoid Sun storms and really thought that was it: went to bed last night with no plan of running today. But I woke up feeling much better than expected, the storms are taking their sweet time getting across the Gulf so it was still clear this morning, albeit windy, and I decided to give it a go... finished just short of 10 miles. Only 2 less than I had originally scheduled. I’m pretty freaking impressed with myself, TBH. I made the 22 yesterday a harder effort than I’d normally do in training, figuring it would help make up for only doing 3 days in a row. So to comfortably finish another almost 10 at an easy pace today feels amazing! Bring on the races :)

Just got in from my last long run - had 14 miles on the schedule, but did 16 miles. I’ve been fearing this run since day 1 (it’s the longest distance I’ve ever run) - but I freakin’ did it! I’ve been dealing with some self-doubt lately - but I’ve hit 86 out of 86 training runs and today, for the first time, felt like “I can do this.”

For this weeks question, I’m going with Epcot at night. Lots of fond memories walking around world showcase, the lighting, kids asleep in the stroller, and a grand marnier slush in hand!

Shout out to everyone who has mentioned grabbing ADRs in MK before park opening. It’s not the same with the new (inferior) rope drop ceremony, but I do love how fresh and magical Main Street, USA looks in the morning light before hordes of people have descended upon it.

In fact, that look and feel was the genesis of Sundays are for Disney. In my mind, it’s always Sunday morning on Main Street with a whole day of possibilities ahead. That’s why I started SAFD with my girls before introducing it to the boards.

Halfway through my Goofy Sim! (six days until taper)

SAFD #1: one of my fav memories was my wife and I's second trip to WDW (as a couple). I thought she was completely immune to the Disney magic (she wasn't grumpy, but not inspired either). We were walking out of HWS at night, she looked back to take in the neon, put her hand to her mouth and started to weep!

SAFD #2: I *like* World Showcase during the day... but *LOVE* it at night!

Neat topic :)

Question-- If someone were to run dressed like Cara Dune from the Mandalorian, would anybody recognize that costume? As I've complained about many times on the board, I have a history of picking slightly obscure characters to be "different" but then am sad when so few people recognize what the costume is. I swore it's all Snow White and Mickey Mouse from here on out but I love Cara Dune soooo much!

Question-- If someone were to run dressed like Cara Dune from the Mandalorian, would anybody recognize that costume? As I've complained about many times on the board, I have a history of picking slightly obscure characters to be "different" but then am sad when so few people recognize what the costume is. I swore it's all Snow White and Mickey Mouse from here on out but I love Cara Dune soooo much!

I would recognize you!

Obviously, if you cover up her tattoo she becomes virtually unidentifiable :laughing:

Just a quick question: I got a number for the 10k in the 61, 000's. How do they figure the corrals for that race.
I'm also doing the marathon with a C corral. I don't remember if I did or did not give a time for the 10k.

Just a quick question: I got a number for the 10k in the 61, 000's. How do they figure the corrals for that race.
I'm also doing the marathon with a C corral. I don't remember if I did or did not give a time for the 10k.
10K is corrals A-F. Corrals are based on estimated times you enter when registering.

Well throw me in with the horrible long run camp. My chronic issue came swinging in big time with 30 minutes to go. And I do mean 30 minutes trainer tends to focus more on time then distance covered. I pulled up because my right side was yelling so badly I thought I might end up with an injured right leg. That is the last thing I need with 3 weeks to go to Dopey.

At least we aren’t doing the traditional taper I guess.

SAFD: Disneyland during Christmas at night. Seeing the castle decorated with all the lights is a sight and I love the garland that stretches across Main Street! In DCA, Cars Land is always beautiful at night with the neon all lit up. But I also love mornings in DL, sitting and enjoying the quiet around Rivers of America.

Last edited:
SADF: Can't just pick one!
Love the early Magic hours in the park/any park- it is just lovely, cool, and peaceful. Even my teens get early up for that!
Loved running through Radiator Springs as the sunrises during the DL races! And Paradise Pier!
Hope DL races come back soon!
World Showcase at sunrise with the torches lit- is super special as well.

SAFD: This is going to sound weird, but some of our best family Disney memories involve being in the parks in pouring rain. We were in HS during a tropical storm in October, and had a BLAST (and rode SDD x 2 as basically a walk-on). We still laugh about how wet we got trying to leave MK during a downpour one night last year.

My last hard run was a 15 mile fartlek on Saturday. Overall pace averaged out to just under projected M pace (7:40ish). Legs felt good, and pace felt very manageable! I'm definitely feeling ready to taper. The last 3 weeks have been hard!

My corral placement is totally messed up. I sent in a PoT that would have placed me between C and D, but they placed me in the very last corral. What the heck?

My corral placement is totally messed up. I sent in a PoT that would have placed me between C and D, but they placed me in the very last corral. What the heck?

Do you have any screenshots or proof you submitted a PoT? Asking since RR has been known sometimes to fix it when they know the error is on their end. But it’s not entirely foolproof and the more proof the better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter