• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

My corral placement is totally messed up. I sent in a PoT that would have placed me between C and D, but they placed me in the very last corral. What the heck?

Sounds like they weren’t able to verify the PoT. You can still view the PoT that you submitted in your RunDisney account. I’d double check there and make sure everything was entered correctly. If it was, take a screenshot and email RunDisney about it. You can also take it to Runner Relations at the Expo and see if they will correct it.

A couple other questions regarding spectating for the marathon (which I know there's changes so nobody knows for sure, but I'm hoping some experience from everyone may help me a little)

This gives DW about 80 min to get from the EPCOT parking lot to the MK Main Street. I think this is reasonable.
but it's much easier to just travel to TTC (and not transfer, due to long lines)

she should have time to take the monorail to TTC and wait for you at mile 9.

Q1. As a spectator - how do I get anywhere race morning? Do I just take the same bus as the runners to Epcot, and then monorail to TTC/MK? Do you have to have ChEAR squad to be allowed on the bus?

Q2. How far in advance do you have to buy ChEAR squad - does it sell out? Or can I wait until the expo and buy it there if I decide?

Thanks!

A couple other questions regarding spectating for the marathon (which I know there's changes so nobody knows for sure, but I'm hoping some experience from everyone may help me a little)

Q1. As a spectator - how do I get anywhere race morning? Do I just take the same bus as the runners to Epcot, and then monorail to TTC/MK? Do you have to have ChEAR squad to be allowed on the bus?

Q2. How far in advance do you have to buy ChEAR squad - does it sell out? Or can I wait until the expo and buy it there if I decide?

Thanks!

Q1. Yes, same bus. Then, walk to the Epcot monorail station to take the monorail to TTC/MK.
No, you do not need to be chEAR squad to ride the morning bus.

That's the only one in which I have an answer.

Enjoy the weekend!!!

Well throw me in with the horrible long run camp. My chronic issue came swinging in big time with 30 minutes to go. And I do mean 30 minutes trainer tends to focus more on time then distance covered. I pulled up because my right side was yelling so badly I thought I might end up with an injured right leg. That is the last thing I need with 3 weeks to go to Dopey.

At least we aren’t doing the traditional taper I guess.
My pinkie toe was yelling during my bad last long run. Wasn't sure what was wrong...turns out I had lost most of that toenail.

My pinkie toes kind of curl under, so it puts a lot of pressure on them running. I have tried a lot of things to alleviate the problem (KT taping my toe, buddy taping, etc.), but it is unpredictable... Sometimes it helps, sometimes it does not. I have never really found a good solution. Does anyone else have this problem? And has anyone have some brilliant, miracle solution?

Thanks!
Despite the cost, I wondered about taking a Minnie van to skip the steps to spectate at MK.

Despite the cost, I wondered about taking a Minnie van to skip the steps to spectate at MK.

Only issue with that is the vans start at 6:30. If your wanting to spectate from the get go that might be an issue

SAFD: Much like everyone else: early morning MK and Epcot at night--and I get to experience both this week! I typically wouldn't go to WDW during Christmas/New Year's week (being local makes me so spoiled and picky), but my in-laws are coming to visit so I'm sucking it up. Epcot for dinner on the 26th, and a 7:45 ADR for Crystal Palace on the 29th. It will be my littlest girl's first character meal (2.5 years old), and she is SO excited. Although we haven't quite gotten through to her that Piglet will not actually be sitting at our table and eating with us...so that hopefully won't blow up in my face too badly!

But, also, I LOVE riding Everest at night. It's a fun ride during the day, but I really think it's something special at night.

Training: Meh. Couldn't switch the long run from Sunday to Saturday, and then Sunday was a total downpour. Hoping to get that long run in tomorrow...

Did the longest run in my plan yesterday - 16 miles - on the TREADMILL! Does this qualify as a medal Monday post?? :D
Yes it does. I thought I was gonna die with my 14. Two more miles would have had lots of expletives coming out of my mouth at the gym.

Finished my Goofy Sim #2 (both on the mill). :: high fives :: to all ;)

My pinkie toes kind of curl under, so it puts a lot of pressure on them running. I have tried a lot of things to alleviate the problem (KT taping my toe, buddy taping, etc.), but it is unpredictable... Sometimes it helps, sometimes it does not. I have never really found a good solution. Does anyone else have this problem? And has anyone have some brilliant, miracle solution?
I have sort of the same problem. My little toes are triangular shaped due to curling and calluses and very prone to blisters. The only thing I’ve found that works is using a thin strip of duct tape around the toe. It has never come off while running and is easy to remove once done.

But, also, I LOVE riding Everest at night. It's a fun ride during the day, but I really think it's something special at night.

Training: Meh. Couldn't switch the long run from Sunday to Saturday, and then Sunday was a total downpour. Hoping to get that long run in tomorrow...
I agree! Everest at night rocks! We did it earlier this year in the rain (for the after hours event) and I just had to laugh the whole time (I wear glasses, so you can imagine how that went). I am planning on a long run on Wednesday for my first half coming next month. I just want to finish so I can decide if I want to try for the castle to chateau...

I am officially frickin' registered for Goofy!!!!!!!

@rteetz .....let my example make you feel better about registering early and not waiting to try and get a phantom discount.

I will be running for the ChadTough Foundation, which my fellow Michiganders may recognize as the charity started in memory of Chad Carr, who died at age 5 of DIPG--a pediatric brain cancer with a 0% survival rate. As a Michigander and U of M degree holder, it's nice to support a group with some kind of connection and as a mother of 2 healthy adult children, I am glad to be able to give back to treat a most awful disease.

So @DopeyBadger my answer for the spreadsheet.....

RACE -Half
NAME -Maura
DIS'er name -jmasgat
Costume/Clothing -None...okay , let me re-phrase that...no costume
Corral - Hopefully C based on my submitted POT
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Maybe
Early Bird or Late Arriver - TBD
Front, Middle, or Back of corral -
WHEREVER I NEED TO BE TO RUN WITH AN AWESOME GROUP
Expected Pace - 9:30+

RACE -Full
NAME -
Maura
DIS'er name -jmasgat
Costume/Clothing -Same as above
Corral - Hopefully C based on my submitted POT
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Maybe
Early Bird or Late Arriver - TBD
Front, Middle, or Back of corral -
WHEREVER I NEED TO BE TO RUN WITH AN AWESOME GROUP
Expected Pace - 9:30+

Also will try to do HH meetup and DATW.

So in answer to a previous question.....I wish to run these races with people, enjoying myself, drinking, riding rides and having fun. I have always done DIsney racing solo, but since this is liable to be it for me, I want the whole experience. (Better late than never).

So @FFigawi will you be my race guru? :)

Last edited:
I have sort of the same problem. My little toes are triangular shaped due to curling and calluses and very prone to blisters. The only thing I’ve found that works is using a thin strip of duct tape around the toe. It has never come off while running and is easy to remove once done.

I have same problem with my 3rd and 4th toes curling under and bruising nail. I finally got a regimen of keeping nail really short, filing the top edge of nail as smooth as I can and then applying glide liberally so that it will slide and not blister/bruise/tear off nail. Been working really well for last 3months...keeping my fingers (?toes) crossed that it works for the full.

I will have to try that. Thanks!

I have same problem with my 3rd and 4th toes curling under and bruising nail. I finally got a regimen of keeping nail really short, filing the top edge of nail as smooth as I can and then applying glide liberally so that it will slide and not blister/bruise/tear off nail. Been working really well for last 3months...keeping my fingers (?toes) crossed that it works for the full.
I will have to give that a try!

@jmasgat i am so excited you will be there. I hope to meet you at a meet up. I have been reading your posts for a long time and you getting to Boston many times have been an inspiration to me. I hope you are at the HH meet up.

silent secret stalker or fan depending on how you look at it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter