• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

Random question, my mom got the ChEar squad package for the Marathon- can I pick it up for her when I'm at the expo on Saturday? Or does she have to get it herself?

Not sure if anyone's keeping a list, but I'm planning to come to the meet up at HH's now. I won't be there until around 3 though.

2020 Marathon Weekend DIS List v2019_12_27

Alright, attached you will find the current version of the 2020 Marathon Weekend DIS List! Please review your information for mistakes/errors. Also, please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. When I get more runners info, I'll update it again. Currently we have:

5k - 28 runners (19 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
10k - 34 runners (25 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
HM - 44 runners (35 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
M - 54 runners (43 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)

Excited to share the race course with you all!

Wow, that is some incredible work. I just hope I can live up to the estimated times you posted for us!

Random question, my mom got the ChEar squad package for the Marathon- can I pick it up for her when I'm at the expo on Saturday? Or does she have to get it herself?

She has to pick it up. They will put a wristband on her. Remind her not to let them put it on tight; I was with a couple at the expo last year and he was planning on cutting it off when he got back to the hotel since it was pretty snug until she reminded him that it was his pass to get into the ChEar areas. He went back immediately and had them replace it.

@DopeyBadger Now that I see how you used our info, I want to update my info for the 5k and 10k. My corral should be based on a faster pace than I expect on race day (with photo stops).

RACE - WDW 5k
NAME - Tiffany
DIS'er name - CDKG
Costume/Clothing -
Corral - 8-10 min/mile
Pre-Race Meet-up? -
(Yes or No) Yes?
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early-ish
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Front/Middle
Expected Pace - 8-10 min/mile (11-12 min with a few photo stops)

RACE - WDW 10k
NAME - Tiffany
DIS'er name - CDKG
Costume/Clothing -
Corral - 8-10 min/mile
Pre-Race Meet-up? -
(Yes or No) Yes?

Thank you!!!

Race - 5k
Name - Lesley
Dis'er name - lahobbs4
Clothing/ Costume - undecided
Corral ??
Pre-race Meetup? - No
Early/ Late arriver - Early
Front, Middle or Back of Corral - Middle
Expected pace - 11 minute mile

Race - 10k
Name - Lesley
Dis'er name - lahobbs4
Clothing/ Costume - undecided
Corral ??
Pre-race Meetup? - No
Expected pace - 11 minute mile

Race - Half
Name - Lesley
Dis'er name - lahobbs4
Clothing/ Costume - none
Corral - F
Pre-race Meetup? - No
Expected pace - 13 minute mile

Race - Full
Name - Lesley
Dis'er name - lahobbs4
Clothing/ Costume - none
Corral F
Pre-race Meetup? - Maybe
Expected pace - 12ish minute mile

12/28/19 AccuWeather:

Wed 1/8 - 74°/56° Partly sunny
Thu 1/9 - 74°/56° Times of sun and clouds
Fri 1/10 - 75°/56° Times of sun and clouds
Sat 1/11 - 76°/52° Partly sunny
Sun 1/12 - 70°/50° Cloudy

12/28/19 Weather.com

Wed 1/8 - 71°/58° Partly cloudy
Thu 1/9 - 74°/60° AM showers
Fri 1/10 - 75°/61° AM showers
Sat 1/11 - 74°/60° AM showers

12/26/19 AccuWeather:

Wed 1/8 - 71°/54° Plenty of sun
Thu 1/9 - 72°/54° Partly sunny
Fri 1/10 - 73°/49° Mostly cloudy
Sat 1/11 - 70°/49° Turning cloudy
Sun 1/12 - 71°/46° Partly sunny

12/28/19 AccuWeather:

Wed 1/8 - 74°/56° Partly sunny
Thu 1/9 - 74°/56° Times of sun and clouds
Fri 1/10 - 75°/56° Times of sun and clouds
Sat 1/11 - 76°/52° Partly sunny
Sun 1/12 - 70°/50° Cloudy

12/28/19 Weather.com

Wed 1/8 - 71°/58° Partly cloudy
Thu 1/9 - 74°/60° AM showers
Fri 1/10 - 75°/61° AM showers
Sat 1/11 - 74°/60° AM showers
Temps are a little warmer than maybe I’d want for running but just want that rain to stay away. Still early tho.

FYI: In trying to clear up the PoT issue for DS’s GF, I sent an email to the rD “contact us” email, which is runDisney@disneysports.com, and also to the Disney Sports email, which is disneysports@trackshack.com. Within a day, someone at Disney Sports (trackshack) replied, and had reverified the race result and made the corral change. Today, a week later, I got a response from rD (Disney sports), with a generic “sorry, we can’t help—the PoT deadline has passed. “
I don’t know that I’m going to let them know that I’ve already been helped by someone else, who did fix the issue, but I know what email to use if I ever have another issue. If you want actual help, use disneysports@trackshack.com.

Wish I could be there with y'all, but unfortunately CIGNA's employee family/friends slots filled up before I got a chance to sign up. So I had to console myself with the Rebel Runs in April. I'll just have to live with that Ahsoka Tano medal as consolation... (heh heh).

Is anyone planning on a.) running the 10K, b.) doing it in about an hour and c.) trying to swing over to HS immediately after for RotR boarding passes? I thought if I finished the 10K by 6:30, I just might have a shot at getting to HS by park opening, but I’m not very savvy with post-race transportation. Of course, this plan might be totally unrealistic.

Is anyone planning on a.) running the 10K, b.) doing it in about an hour and c.) trying to swing over to HS immediately after for RotR boarding passes? I thought if I finished the 10K by 6:30, I just might have a shot at getting to HS by park opening, but I’m not very savvy with post-race transportation. Of course, this plan might be totally unrealistic.
You’d be better off probably taking an Uber to DHS or boardwalk after the race bus to boardwalk instead of your resort might work too.

as long as you are there and in the park by 7AM you’d be fine. Initial boarding groups are gone within 15-30 minutes of opening. Back up boarding groups depending on crowds may last until 11AMish.

I am thinking about doing this after the 5K. My plan was to finish and take the resort bus to Swolphin/Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht Club and walk from there. However, I think I read somewhere that the busses don’t leave the race area until 6:30? So I am not sure about making it to DHS by 7AM. Uber’ing to DHS might work better. Where does one get an Uber in the EPCOT parking lot after the race?

I am thinking about doing this after the 5K. My plan was to finish and take the resort bus to Swolphin/Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht Club and walk from there. However, I think I read somewhere that the busses don’t leave the race area until 6:30? So I am not sure about making it to DHS by 7AM. Uber’ing to DHS might work better. Where does one get an Uber in the EPCOT parking lot after the race?

Oof I was planning to bus to Boardwalk and then walk over since I'll have to grab my walker anyway from the ADA tent which is next to the buses. I hadn't thought about the buses not starting again until 6:30. At this point I may just leave my walker at the hotel to save me time on race morning for the 5k so I don't have to retrieve it from the ADA tent and exit the finish area as soon as possible and start making a beeline to the pickup area.

As far as I can remember from last year the Uber drop off was over near the taxi area. However that being said the pickup dropoff when the park is open is in a different spot from what I could tell so I'm not entirely sure if that will be accurate this year.

@DopeyBadger Now that I see how you used our info, I want to update my info for the 5k and 10k. My corral should be based on a faster pace than I expect on race day (with photo stops).

RACE - WDW 5k
NAME - Tiffany
DIS'er name - CDKG
Costume/Clothing -
Corral - 8-10 min/mile
Pre-Race Meet-up? -
(Yes or No) Yes?

RACE - WDW 10k
NAME - Tiffany
DIS'er name - CDKG
Costume/Clothing -
Corral - 8-10 min/mile
Pre-Race Meet-up? -
(Yes or No) Yes?

Thank you!!!

They're just guesses anyways. But if the 5k was submitted as 8 min/mile then probably "A". But if submitted as 10 min/mile then probably "B". But I've got no real way of knowing one way or the other since it's all based on estimated finish times these days (in the past Dopeys were corraled in the 5k/10k based on POT). I did slightly change the 10k.

In the past, the buses for the 10k haven't started running again until 7am. However, the runDisney website states 7:30am for 2020. So definitely a case for Uber as @rteetz said.

The 5k bus time is very very likely after 6:30am because the course goes through the area where the resort bus pickup is. In my experience, it may even be closer to 6:45am before you actually get moving. My notes say I didn't get back to OKW until 7:15am in 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter