Marathon Weekend 2020

Download and print your waiver here (https://www.trackshackresults.com/disneysports/waivers/WaivR20WDW/verify.php)...it will have your bib number on it near your name. Then, match your bib number against these below.

743FDC7E-4183-4D7B-84D3-A110A85CFD50-e1576794340762-1024x677.jpeg

013A0980-2390-457F-8880-D541B34C29F3-e1576794408133-1024x664.jpeg

6CABD5F9-6FBA-4D91-BE00-BA0F6066144A-e1576794464923-1024x692.jpeg

D5E0E151-E4FD-487B-8204-43ADD7F225B5-e1576794518222-1024x672.jpeg
thank you very much :) fingers crossed the heat won't affect my time too much!

Us old-timers will remember advice given to us by Coach on the Disboards. He often reminded us we are all an experiment of one. Find what works best for you. This applies to the fuel you use and when you take it.
I could not agree more. I have chronic hypoglycemia and found out the hard way that I need more fuel than the numbers would indicate - a big blood-sugar crash during a marathon is not fun. At all. I go with a gel every 45-50 minutes plus Tailwind in my bottle, sipping about 2 ounces every 1/2 mile, for an average of around 150 calories per hour, even at my slow pace. And I go by time, not distance, because in training, I often get stuck at traffic lights for 5-8 minutes at a time: that adds up and can mean a lot more time between fuelings than mileage alone would indicate. In a race, it works out to about every 3.5-4 miles, but it's easier for me to just leave it based on time, since that's what I'm used to.

Just checked in for my flight! So excited to be on my way tomorrow. Now I need to finish packing. Still undecided about how much throwaway clothing to bring.

SAFD: I’ll have an amazing solo trip but miss my kids and DH. I’ll eat too many Mickey bars, too much popcorn and drink way too much coke. I’ll do all the rides my kids hate multiple times. I’ll spend too much money at the expo. I’ll have fun running and not worry about time. I’ll meet up everyone at some point either pre-race or at HH.
I decided not to bring any throwaway clothes. It will save space and weight in my suitcase. If by some miracle the temps drastically drop, I will tough it out.

I decided not to bring any throwaway clothes. It will save space and weight in my suitcase. If by some miracle the temps drastically drop, I will tough it out.
I'm not bringing any throwaways either (save a couple of emergency blankets to use in the corrals pre-race), but I am bringing my light running jacket and 1 pair of tights. They don't take up that much space, and I can re-use them if necessary.

SAFD:
Buy too much at the expo and the parks
Over-post to my IG stories each day :rolleyes1
Be too excited to go to bed early and thus be entirely too tired
Overcome my shyness and go to at least one of the DIS pre-race meet ups
Work hard at getting my first dark castle shot during the half

In regards to throwaway clothes. My sister-in-law had a great idea for one of the rock-n-roll races we've done together. She uses old scarves that have been taking up space in her closet (remember when we all bought a million infinity scarves a few years ago??) to keep warm pre-race. You can wrap them around wherever you get coldest and it's a good way to get rid of them. I hate sitting in the corrals cold, but since this week will be so warm, I think a scarf or two will be all I need!

Photopass Question, how can I link a Dopey BIB? Found that in the Event Guide:

Marathon: 2020-WDWM-ARAx-xxxx
Half Marathon: 2020-WDWH-ALFx-xxxx
10K: 2020-WDWW-10Kx-xxxx
5K: 2020-WDWW-K5Kx-xxxx
Kids Races: 2020-WDWK-IDSx-xxxx

But nothing about Dopey, ...

You link your bib for each race you're in, I believe. So you need to do all 4--there isn't separate Dopey.

This will be my last weather update as I am heading down tonight :). All my warm and throwaway clothes are already packed so I guess I will be prepared if we get a sudden change. But as of now, the forecast is just more of the same: WARM!!

1/6/20 AccuWeather

Wed 1/8 - 69°/53° Mostly sunny
Thu 1/9 - 76°/63° Some sun then turning cloudy
Fri 1/10 - 81°/67° Partly sunny
Sat 1/11 83°/68° Times of clouds and sun
Sun 1/12 84°/61° Partly sunny and very warm

1/6/20 Weather.com

Wed 1/8 - 69°/54° Partly Cloudy
Thu 1/9 - 76°/64° Partly Cloudy
Fri 1/10 - 81°/70° Partly Cloudy
Sat 1/11 85°/71° Mostly Cloudy
Sun 1/12 84°/71° Mostly Cloudy

1/6/20 National Weather Service

Wed 1/8 - Mostly sunny, with a high near 68.
Wed Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.
Thu 1/9 - Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
Thu Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Fri 1/10 - Partly sunny, with a high near 80.
Fri Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67.
Sat 1/11 - Mostly sunny, with a high near 82
Sat Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65.
Sun 1/12 - Partly sunny, with a high near 81.

1/5/20 AccuWeather

Wed 1/8 - 69°/55° Sun and some clouds
Thu 1/9 - 76°/64° Some sun, then turning cloudy
Fri 1/10 - 81°/68° Partly sunny
Sat 1/11 82°/68° Very warm with clouds and sun
Sun 1/12 83°/67° Partly sunny and very warm

1/5/20 Weather.com

Wed 1/8 - 69°/57° Partly Cloudy
Thu 1/9 - 77°/66° Partly Cloudy
Fri 1/10 - 81°/71° Partly Cloudy
Sat 1/11 84°/70° Partly Cloudy
Sun 1/12 83°/71° Partly Cloudy

1/5/20 National Weather Service

Wed 1/8 - Sunny, with a high near 66.
Wed Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.
Thu 1/9 - Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
Thu Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Fri 1/10 - Partly sunny, with a high near 80.
Fri Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.
Sat 1/11 - Mostly sunny, with a high near 82
Sat Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
Sun 1/12 - Partly sunny, with a high near 82.

Follow up question: If memory serves, it is 5 bibs PER RACE we can link to one photopass account, correct?

SAFD:

1. I will have a great time at the HH meet up!
2. I will spend my days leading up to the marathon telling my inner voice to shut up already about whether I can do this after my ridiculous injury and very little running over the past month.
3. I will spend the marathon reminding myself that it is smarter to DNF than to hurt myself and not be able to run for months afterwards.
4. I will ignore my own advice and will do everything in my power to finish.
4. My marathon will end with me either boo hooing on the parade bus or boo hooing across the finish line with a drink in hand.
5. Either way I will pull myself together, score a boarding pass to Rise of the Resistance on Monday that may or may not interrupt our DATW adventures.

Dh and the kids are coming to see me during the half. Ive never had to deal with spectators and how it works.
Is the back IG entrance to Epcot open early? We are staying at YC so it would be great if they could walk through.

For those of us looking to take an Uber/Lyft to DHS after the 5K and 10K on Thursday and Friday, are the Uber/Lyft pick-up spots clearly marked after the finish? Will be taking a resort bus to the races so just trying to plan ahead to get an idea of what I should be looking for afterwards.

Has anyone spectated at MK? From what I understand, you take a rundisney bus from your resort to Epcot, then the monorail to TTC, then the monorail to MK. Any guesstimates on how long that would take?

For those of us looking to take an Uber/Lyft to DHS after the 5K and 10K on Thursday and Friday, are the Uber/Lyft pick-up spots clearly marked after the finish? Will be taking a resort bus to the races so just trying to plan ahead to get an idea of what I should be looking for afterwards.

They may have moved them due to the construction but in the past we walked right by them after the buses dropped us off. Either way normally it’s right around where the charging station is on the map during park hours and I have a feeling it probably won’t move:

Has anyone spectated at MK? From what I understand, you take a rundisney bus from your resort to Epcot, then the monorail to TTC, then the monorail to MK. Any guesstimates on how long that would take?
What time of day? What race? Unless I'm mistaken, the monorail (Ep->TTC) doesn't start running until 1 hour prior to park opening. Could you maybe get on the RunDisney bus back to the Contemporary, then walk over?

I'm not bringing any throwaways either (save a couple of emergency blankets to use in the corrals pre-race), but I am bringing my light running jacket and 1 pair of tights. They don't take up that much space, and I can re-use them if necessary.

I lugged all my throw away clothes over here from Dubai, so they're definitely making the drive over to Disney with me. I'll leave them in a nice folded-up pile in the corral one morning.

Folks planning on attending the 10k, half and full pre-race meet ups ... look for this tall drink of water in the spot @DopeyBadger designated. I'll be holding a sign that says "DIS" which may or may not just be sharpie on a piece of printer paper. My entire budget went to booze for this trip, not fancy signs.

You can also find me on instagram at @lhermiston. I'll probably be posting my potential running outfits there, which are also fairly distinctive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter