Marathon Weekend 2021

Tough choices ahead!

I could not agree more. It feels so strange to be thinking about registering for a race when we are not sure it is safe; just like the strange times we are in. But I have decided to register, or at least try to register...

Not interested in a Covid debate either and I respect everyone’s decisions. For now I feel registering is like grabbing a hold of a bit of normalcy in a time of uncertainty. I am willing to gamble that money in hopes that things are safer and the event can happen. If not, hopefully runDisney allows the registration to be forwarded or something. Plus I already have POP reserved anyway.

One thing we are changing is that MW 2021 was going to be a big family trip with grandparents and all of us doing the 5K and one of my daughters doing the 10k and me the Dopey. Now I am going to go solo, depending on were the world is my immediate family may still go. I will be the only one running. We will push the big family trip to 2022.

For those registering tomorrow, good luck! And here is to a safe Marathon Weekend.

I'm really struggling with what to do tomorrow...
I want to sign up, but I just don't feel super good about it. Right now, I'm leaning toward waiting and hoping the marathon stays open. :worried:

By no means am I looking for a covid debate, but without the parks being opened yet, I'd also like to know how "normal" things will be. We are due to go to WDW next year (seems like we're averaging every other year... not planned that way, just timing with other vacations) and because we don't go all of the time, I want it to be as open (& safe?) as possible when we go next time.

Tough choices ahead!
I think if by some miracle - like a dependable treatment or a vaccine emerges in the next six months and things do go back to normal, runDisney will release more bibs. They are hedging now in case a smaller field is needed to run the race. You can wait to register. If they don’t add bibs, you know that things are not really back to normal and if things come back, jump on the additional added bibs.

I want to sign up, but I just don't feel super good about it. Right now, I'm leaning toward waiting and hoping the marathon stays open. :worried:

By no means am I looking for a covid debate, but without the parks being opened yet, I'd also like to know how "normal" things will be. We are due to go to WDW next year (seems like we're averaging every other year... not planned that way, just timing with other vacations) and because we don't go all of the time, I want it to be as open (& safe?) as possible when we go next time.

Tough choices ahead!

It’s so tough to know what to do right now. My husband keeps reminding me to keep my expectations in check. We were actually supposed to be flying into WDW today so the timing of our cancelled trip and registration colliding made for maybe an emotional decision. I figure if it works out great and if it doesn’t it means it wasn’t safe to go.

Tough choices ahead!

Same boat. I plan to sign up, but it is hard to get too excited for an event that either may not happen or I simply will not feel comfortable attending. A lot can change in a 8 months...in either direction. I think it will sell out tomorrow, but rest assured that if things improve, they will definitely continue to release more bibs. So, I find myself waffling Back and forth on it: if I wait and things improve, I’ll probably get in. If they don’t, then I didn’t risk any money. I will try to get in tomorrow, but I am trying accepting the financial risk of it because I know I won’t go if it is an unreasonable health risk.

Good luck to everyone registering today!

After three straight Marathon Weekends, I am 90% sure I am sitting this one out. At least, I'm not registering today. We are supposed to start building a new house this summer, which will be complete around MW time, and I should devote all extra money to that. Plus, I just don't know what the COVID situation will be like by then.

I vacillate a lot between "it is fine" and "OMG it is the end of the world."

It's about 8:30 am, registration is in an hour and a half, and I'm still going back and forth. On the one hand, I'm okay sitting it out with everything going on - there will be more runDisney opportunities in the future. On the other hand, living in NYC is a little depressing right now and it would be nice to have something to look forward to.

I'm leaning towards sitting it out and possibly aiming for Princess, but we'll see.

My husband is going to register for Marathon weekend and i'm sitting it out because i'll have done (hopefully) Wine and Dine. We're not planning on doing parks this trip, and just doing a resort only stay. We're torn between Poly and Contemporary, and can't figure out which has better viewing. Here's hoping everything goes as planned, but i'm already emotionally ready to cancel everything should I need to.

I think if by some miracle - like a dependable treatment or a vaccine emerges in the next six months and things do go back to normal, runDisney will release more bibs. They are hedging now in case a smaller field is needed to run the race. You can wait to register. If they don’t add bibs, you know that things are not really back to normal and if things come back, jump on the additional added bibs.

This is what I keep telling myself. I really want to sign up today, but I don't think I can bring myself to do so without knowing what's going on with Wine and Dine this year since I'm already in for that one. If W&D ends up canceled and then more bibs are released for Marathon weekend, I'll know it was meant to be and try to register then.

Well I haven't run since Star Wars last year and haven't done Marathon Weekend since 2018 so I am aiming for Dopey, Goofy, Marathon, in that order if I can get in. DD30 and I are trying our luck at registering today and I am stressed out. I forgot how stressful registering is!

Good luck to all
For me I registered for the 10k Thursday thinking that W&D most likely be a wash and if this weekend is looking like it will be a no go as it gets closer to Star Wars sign ups I’ll snag a 10K bib for that too I just miss the endorphin rush that comes with racing and jogging around the block is the one thing keeping me sane through all of this (FWIW I live an hour away from WDW and am an AP holder so I just need to invest in $ for race registration and a room )

I just missed the 10K on Thursday (sold out before I could check out), so I'm hoping to add that today to my full marathon registration. Since I clicked early and sat in the queue forever, today I'm waiting for 10:00:01 to hit the button. Good luck, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter