Marathon Weekend 2021

where is your favorite place to grab a drink at WDW?

My favorite is a Lapu Lapu from Tambu Lounge. It's become my celebratory drink and my husband strangely loves them too! I'm also a fan of Top of the World, when a friend can get me in, the blood Orange mararita at La Cava and grapefruit beer. Because I prefer my drinks to be as cliche as possible. I honestly normally drink wine and California Grill has a great Cline blend I love!

SAFD:
Tambu Lounge for a Lapu Lapu is definitely on my list
I actually sat in Nomad Lounge this past trip (instead of grabbing a drink to go), and it was so nice and relaxing. So that's on my must-do list now.
The little wine place in the back of France also joined my must do list last trip. The nice French guy was so sweet going over each of the champagnes he was pouring for my flight. I had to take them all far away before I drank them because I didn't want to see his look of disappointment when I downed them in a gulp.:drinking1
One day I will brave all the stairs so I can actually see the Top of the World lounge. My family loved going there, but I prefer my drinking at ground level:rolleyes:

SAFD: Before my trip last month I hadn't really done much drinking at WDW--now I at least have an answer to this question! Hands down, my top is Trader Sam's. I'd been there once before, and my visit this January cemented it as a top spot to get away from the parks for a little while and have some fun while resting my feet. I've enjoyed every tiki drink I've had there, and there is a real danger that I'm going to end up with a collection of plastic pearls because of course I fell in love with the one drink whose souvenir mug is mandatory. I loved sitting at the bar and within fifteen minutes I'd picked up on enough of the callbacks to shout along to a lot of it ("two! shots! of rum!").

Two stops at Oga's on this last trip, and unfortunately I'm still struggling to find something on the menu that I really like--or at least, something alcoholic. The Blue Bantha was very tasty, but I tried three alcoholic drinks (Fuzzy Tauntaun, T-16 Skyhopper, and Spiran Caf) and...well, I didn't especially like any of them. 😕 The first two were alright, but the Spiran Caf was gross to me--but that's honestly my bad for ordering a coffee with citrus flavors; I know I don't like fruity coffee but for some reason I thought I would this time. Thought I'd like the Skyhopper since I'm a fan of creamy drinks, but cream with kiwi didn't work for me. Fuzzy Tauntaun was interesting but just didn't have the fuller-bodied flavor I like. For better or for worse, though, I'm determined to keep going there--it's a fantastic environment. I think I just need to focus on ordering drinks that sound really good to me instead of choosing based on the gimmick.

Loved the blue milk from the stand. Liked the green, but liked blue better. A couple times I picked up a cup of it and then went and sat by the droids across from the restrooms--it's a good spot for people watching and there was always space available to park my butt (you just have to sit off to one side so you're not in the way of people's photos of the droids). Tried the blue milk with rum and discovered I like it better without, though.

SAFD:
Rancor...Rancor...Rancor!

The Rancor Tooth Beer Flight at OGA"s was my latest adventure. It was quite the experience. I really like the beer flavors...the problem was trying to fit the the souvenir flight and Rancor teeth in my suitcase for the trip home.

My non-alcoholic default after a race is the PB&J milkshake at Tune-In Lounge.

SAFD: Too many to count. But here are some highlights.

1. La Cava margaritas (Diablo, horchata, to name a couple)
2. Grand Mariner slushee in France
3. Baseline taphouse (Ballast Point Porter - WDW is seriously lacking in the dark beer department)
4. Old fashioned or manhattan at Brown Derby
5. Slug slinger at Oga's
6. Scottish Professor at Jock Lindsay's
7. Memphis Belle at Homecomin'
8. Wine selection at Cali grill
9. Smoked Turkey (any WDW bar with the standard menu)
10. Sake sangria at Morimoto

Just booked my resort reservation! Dopey 2021 here I come :)
This will be my second runDisney event...I'm registered for the Kessel Run Challenge for Star Wars Rival Run Weekend in April. I bought an AP, so I figured that I needed to do another race "to make the AP worth it." LOL ;)
I upgraded my 2018 park tickets after running Dark Side that year to a Premiere AP good for both Disneyland and Disney World so I could get 2019 marathon weekend in and then wound up getting another premiere AP for 2019-20 to encompass Marathon Weekend 2020, Star Wars Rival Run 2020 and lots of Disneyland visits with my nephews and nieces. I don't think I'm renewing that AP this time though, but it wouldn't be the first time I changed my mind on that front.

Good morning, RunDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what has been your favorite non-Disney that you’ve run?

My favorite has been the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee. It’s a small race, but it’s extremely well organized and I love the course. The after party this past year was a blast, too. I’m planning on running it for a third time this fall.

Have a great week, everyone!

SAFD: My favorite is Route 66 Marathon. I’ve run it every year since I started running marathons (5 years). It’s well support. Even though I’m not really a partied, it has a party atmosphere, and it just makes it fun.

Also, I really like Fargo Marathon. If it were a little closer, I would run it more often. I’ve only ran it once, but the community support was great. Lots of families out handing out candy (Jolly Ranchers). It’s a very flat course. They had plenty of entertainment along the course - when I needed a little bit of motivation to pick up the pace, there was a DJ playing a song that really helped. I had a great PR here, another reason I have great memories of this race. You also start and finish inside the Fargo Dome, so no waiting outside in the elements (if there are any).

My favorite was the Worcester St. Patty's 5K several years back where I got my 5K pr. The weather was perfect that day and crowds were great.

This question makes me realize that I need to do more races. I've seriously been lacking in the local race department the past few years. I've got a few in mind but am having a hard time signing up because of the post injury/surgery self doubt.

I enjoy the Emerald City race in Dublin, OH...course runs thru a Metro Park, including a section of wetlands.

But...my favorite race has been a 5K to benefit the small town library that I visited often in my childhood. It’s run thru a retirement village and there is always the warning at the start to “be alert for residents backing out of their driveways; they don’t always look in their mirrors!”

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what has been your favorite non-Disney *race that you’ve run?
There are several local races that I like to run every year. Hot Chocolate 15k (scheduled for next Sunday, although I’m just not feeling it this year...), St. Paddy’s Day Half (scheduled for 3/14), Tacoma Narrows Half (begins on the runway of a small airport, runs across the suspension bridge, takes a lap around Chaney Stadium, and ends downtown), and Santa Runs Tacoma.

But, I think my favorite local race was Run Wild at Northwest Trek. Sadly, they haven’t offered this race since 2017. It was a charity 5k or 5 miler to support the wildlife park. Registration included park admission and their tram ride (think Kilimanjaro Safaris). The course even ran some of the paths past the animal exhibits! It was unique and fun. My friend and I always made a day of it including lunch in their little cafe. A couple of years we even stayed to do their zip line courses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter