Marathon Weekend 2021

V&A’s is definitely on the bucket list but it’s far outside my budget right now and probably for a while.

I think my favorite resort restaurant is California Grill. You can’t beat the view to start and I’ve never had bad food there.

Some others I really enjoy would be 1900 Park Fare, Sebastian’s, Topolino’s Terrace (probably my number two now), and Sanaa (for bread service alone!).

SAFD: We love Boma! We used to always go for dinner at least once a trip, but I decided to try going for brunch after a race and that is the best! Doesn't really work for the marathon (unless you are really speedy), but for a half it's perfect.

Special occasions - we love the California Grill. For our fall break trip, we don't have a special occasion but I booked it anyways because I feel like if we get to do that trip we will be celebrating being back at WDW and life getting back to normal!

Honorable mention - Sanaa is fantastic, reasonably priced (for WDW) and we are often staying at Kidani anyways because it is our DVC home.

Question for everyone:
I'm trying to get a handle on what kind of merchandise preorders are likely to be offered at registration so I can plan and budget ahead. Right now the only preorders they've got listed are the ChEAR Squad packages, but I wanted to look at you know, pins and jackets and stuff. I'm primarily interested in pins--what types are usually offered? How much do they usually run? I know you're ordering blind as far as the actual design when you preorder. And with the jackets, I've heard they run small--is that true? And how has quality been on those? And are there any other common preorder items I'm not thinking of?
I'm going off of my knowledge from 2018 Princess Half Marathon Weekend, since I haven't done a runDisney weekend since--
I found the apparel to be form fitting - I wear a small/medium depending on how I want things to fit. The small was slim cut (IMO) and the medium was much roomier. I went with the small in shirts because I like tighter fitting clothes to workout in and a medium jacket so I can layer comfortably. I found the quality to be good! I machine wash cold and hang to dry!
As for the pins, I remember there being 1 pin for each race type - 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, and then the Fairytale Challenge.
I totally forgot to budget for the merch pre-orders so I am grateful you're thinking about it!!

SAFD:
  • For an After Race Lunch (I try, but usually can;t get there until around 11am) - The Wave... of American Flavors @ the Contemporary - the Cauliflower Tacos and the Tika Masala
  • For Supper - Jiko @ the Animal Kingdom Lodge - the Bo Kaap Malay Vegetable Curry is amazing!
  • For Dessert - Beaches & Cream @ the Beach Club - Gotta' have my No Way Jose!

SAFD: I'm in the small minority of people who really do not enjoy the bulk of Disney dining, but there are a few places I've enjoyed...

V&A, of course.
Sanaa - they've consistently delivered really tasty, different menu items
Three Bridges at CSR - that was the stand-out surprise of my Dec. trip. Delicious AND great service!

can someone explain to me how to eat at OHana? I always feel like I come badly prepared - I think I have to starve myself the day of so that when I show up I will be able to get my money's worth.
We used to practice strategic eating before dining at a beloved Brazilian restaurant in college. Very light breakfast, snack/very light lunch 2-3 hours before the planned meal and then all sorts of eating happiness.

SAFD: Sanaa- really love the food as well as the atmosphere, get to see the animals before and during our meal

Also, during marathon weekend we had dinner at Topilino’s Terrace at Riviera. It was amazing, can’t wait to return for character meal breakfast with our kids or another quiet dinner, but this time will stay to watch fireworks from the rooftop bar (had to go to bed early last time bc ya know 3am wake up).

Question:
If you sign up for Goofy, can you upgrade to Dopey later if there is still room? Right now, most of my summer and early fall races are looking like they will be cancelled (possibly marathon weekend too). But, if they are all cancelled but it is safe to do marathon weekend, then I would probably sign up for Dopey. Any information?

Question:
If you sign up for Goofy, can you upgrade to Dopey later if there is still room? Right now, most of my summer and early fall races are looking like they will be cancelled (possibly marathon weekend too). But, if they are all cancelled but it is safe to do marathon weekend, then I would probably sign up for Dopey. Any information?
Yes but there is a change fee so it will cost you.

Question:
Yes but there is a change fee so it will cost you.
The transfer fee was $45.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter