Marathon Weekend 2021

Was out jogging when registration opened, and tried to register on my smart phone. It was still spinning 15 minutes later when I got back to the house.

Pull out the laptop, and the 2nd browser I opened went right through while the phone was still spinning. Got registered for the marathon, which is what I wanted! :)

I got in on my phone too. Seems you want to maximize the number of times you click register. I don't think there is any advantage to keeping it splnning after a minute or so, as it doesn't seem to be holding your spot in queue

I think they put you in line because I opened a few tabs and my first window opened first. I registered and saw the other two tabs had opened also...seemingly in order.

I had 2 browsers open, at exactly 10:00 this morning. (I missed the early registration for DVC members). Firefox opened up first at 10:10, and I registered for my first Run Disney 5K. I haven't really RUN in years, since my last knee surgery, but I'm an avid walker. Do you have to literally Jog/Run, or can you walk at a really good pace for the entire 5K?

Congrats on your successful registration! You can most definitely walk the entire 5K and many people do. The minimum pace is a 16 minute mile, but the clock starts when the very last people (whom you'll see referred to as the "balloon ladies") cross the start. The further ahead of them you are, the more buffer you have to go slower than 16mm.

I got in on my phone too. Seems you want to maximize the number of times you click register. I don't think there is any advantage to keeping it splnning after a minute or so, as it doesn't seem to be holding your spot in queue

I think it does hold your spot, but the spot you're in is randomized. So if you click in on a different device later you may get assigned a higher number spot than the first device. At least that's the only way my brain can make sense of it!

Sounds like most got what they wanted , which is great. Don’t recall it selling out this fast before, must be going for the record. Got the marathon and the 10k, the Demi Goof... Only problem now is I‘lol be twice as miffed if we still can’t travel come jan. Here’s hoping 🤞

First race weekend for my family! Got me, hubby, and daughter registered for the 5K! Now to train!
Train ? We need to train ??:eek:
This will be my first Run Disney event also.
I hope registering for this keeps me motivated throughout the year.
Trying to get my daily steps in has been a challenge through this quarantine, especially since we've had unusually chilly and wet May weather. I've worn a track in the downstairs carpet, as I pace during many of my conference calls:goodvibes

ET:darth:

I got a spot in Dopey! I am excited and a bit uneasy, but looking forward to the possibility!

Based on what many of you shared I began refreshing Just before 10 and it opened right at 10. I immediately got the spinning circle. I then opened my phone and at about 10:01tried to register. About a minute later my phone got in and I was able to register for Dopey completely and check the e-mail before that first registration I did from my computer finally reached the registration page. So both got through but one took way longer and it was the one I opened first. Weird.

Congrats to all who are registered!

I've been doing rD for four years now and that's the fastest I've seen any weekend sell completely out, except MAYBE 2017 Princess. They must really be limiting numbers!
Do you think they've lowered the capacity limits? OR do you think there's a pent up demand for all things Disney, and we're all hoping for some
Disney-Magic-Pixie-Dust for 2021?

Dopey had availability until November last year. How could it have sold out in 19 minutes this year. Will all the charities be out of luck this year?

If it wasn’t for me buying those darn Star Wars Starbucks mugs last week, I wouldn’t have remembered it worked faster on my Apple products than my chrome book.

It's so random to me what works and what doesn't. I had my Macbook, iPad and iPhone and then whatever PC laptop my husband has. His was the last I clicked in the queue and it was the first to load. And I hate using it, but managed to stay calm and not get frustrated with it. My phone was the second to go through and used that to register BFF. So bizarre.

Sad. Got on three devices at 9:59-10:00. Wanted Goofy again so I could run with DH, but when I got to the pay screen- “sold out” at 10:20. So I registered for the half. Guess I’ll sleep in on marathon morning. If things open up later I may try to upgrade.

I’m still blaming the popularity of Goofy on the Raucous Rowdy Roving Goof Troop (TM) for advertising how much fun it was last year! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter