Marathon Weekend 2021

SAFD: Back when pin collecting was a fun Disney thing, I amassed a really nice collection. I don’t like the way it’s done now, but still try to get a pin or two each trip, particularly from whatever resort we’re in, and whatever character I’m dressed as for my race costume.

We also have several nice Disney Christmas ornaments and a snow globe that I enjoy seeing every year when we start decorating.

This is hard because I have soooo much stuff.

I think my most expensive is my Dave Avanzino shadow box.

I have a Banshee from Pandora and a Droid from SWGE (no saber yet but hopefully someday).

I love and miss dearly the RunDisney shoes. I have four pair that I try to keep in as good of shape as possible which is getting harder.

I have tons of pins, vinylmations, and magicbands. Popcorn buckets too.

My favorite item(s) may just be Christmas ornaments though as each has a bit of a different meaning. I have a custom Dopey one I had made, I have the shoe ornaments from each race weekend I’ve done and so on.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what is your favorite Disney souvenir that you’ve purchased? For the sake of SAFD, signing up for a race does not count as buying the medals and shirts, so they’re out.

My favorite souvenirs are a T-shirt with Darth Vader riding Astro Orbiter and my MU hat.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone.

My favorite souvenir is a Big Al glass mug I bought when visiting as a kid a long time ago. It's amazingly survived countless moves across the country and around the world and makes a great beer mug.

SAFD:
I think of three things. My Baloo coffee cup, my old Disneyland hat and our family Christmas ornaments. We have for years collected at least one Christmas ornament each time we went to DL/DW. Over time this grew into everyone picking one out, so four ornaments a trip. We have so many now that we have a separate Christmas tree which is strictly Disney.

Got to share the story behind the hat though. Like 20 years ago I bought a blue ballcap at Disneyland. It became my traveling hat - camping, road trips, Disney trips, etc. Seems like every trip has a picture of me in that hat as it went from dark blue to a grayish color as the sun bleached over the years. Still I loved it. Then in 2012 while on the Matterhorn if flew off my head. I tried to grab it, no luck. As soon as I was off I asked a cast member what I could do. In short, hope it was not destroyed, that it is found and delivered to lost and found. For several days I went to lost and found and described the hat but no luck. And most everyone in the group I was with was like “just get a new hat that one was old anyway”. On the last day we went to Downtown Disney for lunch and while walking back I made one last trip to the Lost and Found. As I walked in one of the cast members looked at me and said we have it and got it. I was reunited! So happy. Ironically at that lunch my wife presented me with a new blue Disney hat (still have that one also). But no hat is like my old DL hat!
3947022D-A8A5-448D-A971-52B9E18A9191.jpeg

My favorite Disney souvenir is a dark blue mug with Sorcerer Mickey on it. I bought it at POFQ at the very end of a trip with my parents and daughters. It was the first time my parents had been to Disney. I drink hot tea from that mug every Sunday morning.

I do have to give an honorable mention to my Savi’s Workshop light saber, though. The whole experience of making it was fantastic and it’s been a great conversation piece. Now I just need to get back so I can find a red crystal for it...

SAFD: My favorite items are courtesy of a rouge Disney artist at Disney Springs in 2012. DH and I were looking for sketches of our favorite characters, and while we could find Eeyore in the sketch book we could not find Roo. The artist sketching asked us who we were looking for, and when we told him he glanced around, pulled out a drawer and extracted one of Roo (he told us that when samples are removed the artists tended to hide them instead of destroy them). We ordered both a Roo and an Eeyore sketch from him, to ship once framed, and they now hang in our 3rd house.

SAFD: Well, I am not a shopper or souvenir buyer and I tend to be on the frugal side, so mostly this goes right over me. But I will say that when my kids were small and we went, we had fun doing penny presses. As it turns out, I was starting to clear out my son's room last week and found a bunch, so I organized them into a little Disney photo album.

Attachments

• penny presses.jpg
    penny presses.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 5
SAFD:
Ouch this is a real Sofie's choice moment.

Do I choose my favorite Disney cap that had 10 years of sun-bleaching?
Do I choose my favorite zip up hoodie that I seem to wear almost every-other-day?
Do I choose my Rise of the Resistance T-shirt from my January trip?
Do I choose my dress Mickey Mouse watch?
Do I choose my "I DID IT!" phone case from the MW 2020 Half with Donald on it?
Do I choose my royal blue Mickey Mouse Coffee mug that I can be seen with every morning?
Do I choose my "Putting A Smile on the World" lithograph print from 2008?
(I think I am doing my best Mongello sneaking in multiple picks...:D )

If I really settle into the item that I keep using day after day and year after year, it would be my grubby old Mickey Mouse Hat. 10 years and counting. Hopefully it will make it another 10.

SAFD:
Ouch this is a real Sofie's choice moment.

Do I choose my favorite Disney cap that had 10 years of sun-bleaching?
Do I choose my favorite zip up hoodie that I seem to wear almost every-other-day?
Do I choose my Rise of the Resistance T-shirt from my January trip?
Do I choose my dress Mickey Mouse watch?
Do I choose my "I DID IT!" phone case from the MW 2020 Half with Donald on it?
Do I choose my royal blue Mickey Mouse Coffee mug that I can be seen with every morning?
Do I choose my "Putting A Smile on the World" lithograph print from 2008?
(I think I am doing my best Mongello sneaking in multiple picks...:D )

If I really settle into the item that I keep using day after day and year after year, it would be my grubby old Mickey Mouse Hat. 10 years and counting. Hopefully it will make it another 10.
Yes!

This is really hard. I think my favorite thing I've bought at Disney World is the Walk Around the World brick. It ended up being about 20 feet from the entrance to the Magic Kingdom, and we'd have pictures on our brick whenever we'd go, make videos of me bringing an old toothbrush to clean it up, stuff like that. From Disneyland, I have my souvenir beer mug from the Neon Cactus that we'd bring every time we visited and they'd refill it for a discounted price. The other is a Disneyland 40th Anniversary sweatshirt I found in Adventureland the following year at half off. And after all the washings and wearings, it's still in better shape than several that I've bought within the past five years.

SAFD:

I can’t really think of a ton of souvenirs from my trips. I’ve never spent a ton because it helps fund future trips if I don't overspend. Also, I like the price and variety (designs, colors, and shirt materials) from teepublic a lot more than most Disney designs on clothing.

I did design a droid last fall and that’s kind of cool. I’ve started picking out a couple pins every trip as well since I can get a few for a relatively low price and they have enough variety that I can find things I like. Here was my haul from last January:
82D01D75-0AB9-45FA-B9CC-B6349BAB2760.jpeg
What can I say, I’m a Disney Afternoon kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter