Marathon Weekend 2021

I'm not surprised but I'm a lot more upset and disappointed than I thought I would be. I'm concerned that my chance to run in Disney is going to be a long way off, if ever :( We're going to start trying for a family in 2021 so I can't really commit to plunking down big $ if I won't actually be able to run 😅

Considering how well the virtuals have been selling, does anyone get the sneaky feeling we may have already run our last in person races at WDW? #newnormal

Nah - it brings visitors and revenue to WDW beyond just registration fees. And they launched clubRundisney which I'm sure they're itching to actually cash in on!

Well, I was expecting this. Going to take the full refund and just continue training for my next race (whenever that may be). Still going on my vacation in January as long as things don’t get worse. Glad they took this decision relatively early.

Already shaking in my boots about how crazy MW 2022 registration is going to be.

I don’t know maybe I just want to be disappointed and take in this news and not worry about future runDisney races. I think it’s a bit ridiculous to sit here and speculate that we have run our last runDisney races. We are in the middle of a pandemic still. Nobody is putting on major races right now and runDisney races are huge world class events. Maybe keep the negative thoughts to yourself once in a while.

Well, like others, disappointed but not surprised. Pretty sure we are going to take the refund this time. Really bummed that we canceled our W&D trip in November with the hope of going in January. Now, I'm not sure what we'll do...maybe going to try and talk DH in to changing back to November so that we can do the abbreviated version of Food & Wine...

Well, like others, disappointed but not surprised. Pretty sure we are going to take the refund this time. Really bummed that we canceled our W&D trip in November with the hope of going in January. Now, I'm not sure what we'll do...maybe going to try and talk DH in to changing back to November so that we can do the abbreviated version of Food & Wine...

Do it, we went the other week and it was honestly a blast (also didn't feel abbreviated to us but we do only go once a year for one day to stuff our faces and skip the entertainment/other activities in favor of drinking).

I don’t know maybe I just want to be disappointed and take in this news and not worry about future runDisney races. I think it’s a bit ridiculous to sit here and speculate that we have run our last runDisney races. We are in the middle of a pandemic still. Nobody is putting on major races right now and runDisney races are huge world class events. Maybe keep the negative thoughts to yourself once in a while.

Maybe I’m crazy but this never even crossed my mind. Marathon Weekend, in particular, and runDisney weekends, in general, have a pretty strong history for the parks. They can continue to sell medals for virtual races and I’m sure they will; I don’t think that replaces rD weekends and I think the virtual market would quickly dry up in the absence of the fan base built by the live races.

I’ll be ready to riot at the gates in a singlet and short shorts with my 40+ rD medals fashioned into some sort of super-sized bag of pennies-esque weapon if they do.:rotfl2:

I'm pretty sure races will be back especialy since they are still trying to do registrations and the like. It's clear they wanted to do marathon weekend but nobody is doing races right now and I think that was a big part of it. I think there is a good chance that April Star Wars can happen. I think that may be in that sweet spot on the calendar when things may be ramping back up. fingers crossed.

Also once WDW gets back to something approaching normal I don't think people are going to flock back quckly (similar to after 9/11) so when that point is reached they'll want the races to bring people in. Maybe Anaheim will need some extra visitors too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter