Marathon Weekend 2021

Well not quite the same, but I finished the Virtual Dopey this morning. Overall, I am happy to have completed the challenge. But there is just no comparison between running around WDW and running the streets of my hometown.

I am proud of the accomplishment, I did run the four races over the four days and managed to take almost 50 minutes off my time from last year. But I miss the magic of running in the parks, the companionship of being part of a group of crazy people getting up at o’dark thirty to run and the fun of a trip to Disney.

I wish luck to all still running any of the virtual races and I hope we gain control of this virus soon and then MW 2022 can happen.

Congratulations to all those that ran the "virtual" Full Marathon today!

I ran the Full today, did I mention my first time ever running a full :oops: , in snowy Alberta. Although not Florida weather, is was warmer than the past 3 days +3C (37.4 F); the Chinook winds were bothersome though. I can now check off the "run a marathon before you turn 50" item from my bucket list.

Ended up with a new PR for the full, as I have never run a full before...4:24:31. @jmasgat @DopeyBadger ... I guess that makes me an "All Dopey.-All PR", a Goofy PR and a Dopey PR sextuplet! Woot!

I plan on doing a debrief in my running journal over the next week. Before that, I need to wipe the tears from my eyes, stop shivering, figure out how I am going to climb the stairs to my shower and bed and hopefully be able to walk tomorrow.

In the meantime, thank you to all of you here on DIS boards. I could not have figure this out on my own and your words of wisdom and encouragement meant everything to me!

I look forward to updates from others!

The 2012 and 2013 shirts are my favorite style and find myself in them more than the cheap shirts that followed those years :smooth:

This runs directly counter to my experience:rotfl2:. 2012 was my first year running at WDW and I’ve always felt that shirt was like wearing sandpaper (with the 2013 slightly more tolerable but still itchy). Other than the predictable colors I liked the Champion shirts from the 2014-2018 range.

I finished my 26.2 miles in 6 days with a 6.97 mile run Saturday morning. At the end of the day, registering for the virtual marathon was the right call for me. It provided the necessary kick in the pants to get out and run instead of fall back on the all too convenient excuses of I'll run tomorrow, which often morphed into next week or next month. Congrats to anyone who was able to train for and finish a virtual 26.2 in one setting. Well done.

Congratulations to all those that ran the "virtual" Full Marathon today!

I ran the Full today, did I mention my first time ever running a full :oops: , in snowy Alberta. Although not Florida weather, is was warmer than the past 3 days +3C (37.4 F); the Chinook winds were bothersome though. I can now check off the "run a marathon before you turn 50" item from my bucket list.
Your temperature wasn’t too far off from Disney on Marathon morning. I ran around Saratoga Springs, and my Strava temp add-on feature tells me it started at 38 F! Although I thought the weather was pretty nice for running in, I’m glad I didn’t have to stand around for two plus hours in that cold!

Your temperature wasn’t too far off from Disney on Marathon morning. I ran around Saratoga Springs, and my Strava temp add-on feature tells me it started at 38 F! Although I thought the weather was pretty nice for running in, I’m glad I didn’t have to stand around for two plus hours in that cold!
Congratulations on your run!

My 10K arrived today via UPS. I wasn't expecting such a huge box for just the medal but I'm guessing they just swap out the inserts depending on the races you entered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter