Marathon Weekend 2022

For those of you who made it, please keep posting stories and pictures!

For those of us who had to cancel... at least you will be at home if your kitchen starts to flood! Yes, I just spent a couple ours shoveling and mopping up water. :crazy2:
Holy cow, the universe really has it in for you this week! At least this ::should:: use up your quota of bad stuff for the year

Picked up my bib. I was originally assigned to S6, which did not jive with my POT. Runner Relations acknowledged the snafu and changed me to S2.

I’m very grateful for a quick and helpful expo experience.

I’ll see folks at 2.
Was that with a proof of time under the cut off values that they had when we were signing up? It never occurred to me to try to get my corral bumped up to match the pace I can run

Do you know if they had an "I did it" shirt for the marathon as well as the 26.2 magnet?

Yes for both. I actually got the marathon specific magnets and shirt. They had men's/unisex and women's.

For those of you who made it, please keep posting stories and pictures!

For those of us who had to cancel... at least you will be at home if your kitchen starts to flood! Yes, I just spent a couple ours shoveling and mopping up water. :crazy2:

Geez man, this is not your month. Your house isn't built on a big pot of land where they just removed the headstones by chance, is it?

Yes for both. I actually got the marathon specific magnets and shirt. They had men's/unisex and women's.

Geez man, this is not your month. Your house isn't built on a big pot of land where they just removed the headstones by chance, is it?
Oh, good! After hearing about the ebay marauders, I was concerned about not being able to make the only two purchases that I have an interest in. Thank you for the update!

is there a reason there is NO Powerade at water stops... only water?! i really was hoping to use Powerade to replenish some electrolytes instead of having to carry things for 5k and 10k. hope it is different for half and full but i am doubting it, but i will have gels

is there a reason there is NO Powerade at water stops... only water?! i really was hoping to use Powerade to replenish some electrolytes instead of having to carry things for 5k and 10k. hope it is different for half and full but i am doubting it, but i will have gels
I tend to doubt it considering that the Digital Guide was updated recently to read "There will be 5 food stops on the Marathon Course. Between Mile 9-10 Honey Stinger Chews, Between Mile 14-15 Bananas, Just after Mile 17 Bananas, Just before Mile 21 Honey Stingers chews, and Chocolates just before Mile 23." I don't remember seeing this previously, but I noticed it the last time that I perused the guide in preparing for Sunday.

I think I remember the 5k only having water in the past, but I can’t remember about the 10k. There are fewer sponsors this year - maybe that has something to do with it?? And maybe fewer volunteers to man the aid stations…

I’ve made this mistake myself as well in the past. So I’m about 95 percent sure they’ve just never had Powerade on the 5/10. But I could be wrong

Only poweraid I’ve seen during 10ks past has been at finish but up until today I’ve only done W&D and Dark Side

It’s typically water only at the 5ks/10ks, Powerade and water at the longer races (Powerade first tables, water at the back tables)

I brought print outs of 1:53 and 1:54 half marathons that I’ve done in the past couple of months to see if they could move me to S2. She told me that those times would put me in S3 if I had submitted them.

I brought print outs of 1:53 and 1:54 half marathons that I’ve done in the past couple of months to see if they could move me to S2. She told me that those times would put me in S3 if I had submitted them.
Ouch! I wonder which group I'll be in with my estimated finish time of 4:00-4:30. Unfortunately, my half marathon finish time was 2:11:32. Next time, baby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter