Marathon Weekend 2022

Just want to remind everyone who used PhotoPass/MemoryMaker to keep checking your accounts. Today, out of the blue, the four photos I was missing appeared! They were Pinocchio (5k), Sadness (5k), Joy (5k), and Buzz Lightyear (10k). So happy to have those photos!
Thank you! I was wondering what happened to the Buzz photos.

FWIW, I drove down, wore my mask only when forced to, visited the parks after the races, and came home healthy. Probably not what a number if you wanted to hear, but that was my experience.
And thanks to the Half-Assed Running Method (TM), I would be looking at going for a 3 mile run today if not for the fact that it is so cold and we are about to get snow.
hopefully I get a medal display stand for my birthday this weekend. For someone doing a Dopey shadowbox, hang it with two nails because it’s going to be heavy…
There’s so much to complain about concerning Disney, yet already talking to my teenage son about bringing him down to do the half with me.
And thanks for the advice about waiting a couple of days to get back on a scale. I am now showing a one and a half to 2 pound weight drop from when I left. That is more like it!

Dopey 2022 Ranked Results
As I have done for most of the past years, I calculated the rankings for the Dopey results. The pdf file is too big to attach on the DISboards, but you can find it here: Dopey 2022 Ranked Results
thanks for doing that. I have to admit I bought in to the "5k is not timed" even though I know people have tracked it here. I could have shaved off 10 if I knew there would be a ranking lol.

A huge thanks to @BikeFan. Who along with another couple of runners are the only reason I can even call my Dopey a success. Two months ago I thought I was going to have to walk away from the full. And then you along with a few others came to my rescue.

Next year I’ll be back with my own wheels. Even if I have to fight my trainer on this to do Dopey again. I’ll be back.

You're welcome, and it was an honor to help another runner complete the challenge. Glad to see you'll be back next year to do it all over again!

I woke up this morning. Felt nothing, tested for nothing and continued as usual. That is it.. have a nice day
DH and I are the same. We were there for 10 days, ate in restaurants, crowded in corrals and ride pre-shows, and wore cloth masks indoors. Went to Hurricane Hannah’s and marathon meetup. No illness so far. We have been blessed.
Went for a 4.4 mile run yesterday and 5.2 today. Building slowly to give my feet/ legs time to recover.

I also came home with a medal and positive antigen test. My PCR yesterday was also positive. I was there for 13 days so I have no idea when I caught it. I probably had it for the entire Dopey weekend. Really itchy roof of my mouth which I get when I am starting a cold and also so tired, which I thought was the ungodly wake up times and mileage. I also have inflamed knee and hip joints, which coincidentally I had after my vaccinations but again, is it Covid or wear and tear. I wore my mask outdoors and indoors and am vaxxed/boosted 7 weeks ago.

I had breakthrough delta in August and almost exactly six weeks later had a crazy arthritis flare up and my knee pain was probably the worst it’s ever been. Anecdotally I’d read about this exact thing happening and wanted to link the two, but I have osteoarthritis- not rheumatoid. I’m under the impression osteo does not have the same triggers. I’m curious if anyone had/has any similar experiences as they go through it.

Sitting at the airport waiting to board and reminiscing on this trip.

seeing the Jack sparrow posts, I was interviewed by Rylee on marathon morning (did anyone see me? I was with Jennifer and Ashley and we talked about being first timers) and before the interview he said that they tried to interview Jack but he was very in character and impossible to understand.

Video from MK this morning:

And apparently everyone has been getting tornado warnings on their phones all night. We may have been canceled!
This was my biggest fear for MW2022. I have never fully gotten over the 2017 MW Half! So as much as I struggled with the heat last week (and I did struggle mightily), I was just SO GLAD we didn't get cancelled, and also that the race didn't get shortened on me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter