Marathon Weekend 2022

I don't like the 10K theme but I'm not running it either so it is what it is but my wife is happy about Pluto for the 5k.

I'm wondering if adding Minnie and Daisy to the theme is to widen the range of women-specific clothing or if they will make their way into the medals. I like the simplicity of just Mickey or Donald but I'm sure they will have something nice

I also wonder about the coloring. I liked when they were a little bolder. Looking forward to more info coming out like the courses, kids event, and more merchandising.

I guess I’m in the minority because I like the artwork. Loving tie-in of the “ear”idescence for the 50th. Really hoping those are the t-shirt colors, too. Fingers crossed me and my sister get Dopey bibs next Tuesday!
I like them too!

In general I prefer a smaller graphic on the front of shirts (instead of the screen printing covering the whole front). They breathe better and don’t collect as much sweat. 😂

Anybody on here who is part of Gold/Platinum Club runDisney that registered today? Did they allow registration for Challenges (or only one race)?

Got my Perfect Dopey link this morning, so I am in and looking forward to January!

Proof of Time question: I submitted a 1:58:18 Half as my POT. That is not quite a sub 4-hour marathon equivalent, but will it get me in a seeded corral at least for the Half? Thoughts?

I guess that should still put you in D. (A&B for the sub-4s, C for the Club) But get there early. It will be the one with 4000 people in it.

Got my Perfect Dopey link this morning, so I am in and looking forward to January!

Proof of Time question: I submitted a 1:58:18 Half as my POT. That is not quite a sub 4-hour marathon equivalent, but will it get me in a seeded corral at least for the Half? Thoughts?

They have not--in the past-- broken up the half/full Challenge segments into separate corrals. If that continues to be the case, I expect they would put you in either B (Based on your half time) or D (if they used a full conversion--assuming ClubDisney goes in C) for both.

Not that they care, but if they had just made the cutoff "equivalent" for the half and full, it would have been helpful and avoided some angst/questions from many runners.

Based on recent past, they don't seed separately for the HM and M during the Dopey Challenge. So whatever they corral you for the HM will be the same as the M unless something has changed. As to what they'll do, there are three possible scenarios:

1) Despite the HM not being under the race equivalency cutoff of a 4 hr M (I've got an email out to get a definitive cutoff, but I believe it is around 1:53:30), they place you in the POT corral.
2) They appropriately place you in the first non-POT corral since you don't have a 4 hr race equivalent M POT.
3) Place you in the last corral due to insufficient POT submitted. This is a possibility, but with your time being so close to the cutoff it's entirely possible they wouldn't do this. It does however remain a possibility. But if you say submitted a 2:25 HM POT, then they may very well put you in the last corral.

I would venture to guess Option 2 is the most likely outcome. Option 1 and 3 are slim in your specific case.

Based on recent past, they don't seed separately for the HM and M during the Dopey Challenge. So whatever they corral you for the HM will be the same as the M unless something has changed. As to what they'll do, there are three possible scenarios:

1) Despite the HM not being under the race equivalency cutoff of a 4 hr M (I've got an email out to get a definitive cutoff, but I believe it is around 1:53:30), they place you in the POT corral.
2) They appropriately place you in the first non-POT corral since you don't have a 4 hr race equivalent M POT.
3) Place you in the last corral due to insufficient POT submitted. This is a possibility, but with your time being so close to the cutoff it's entirely possible they wouldn't do this. It does however remain a possibility. But if you say submitted a 2:25 HM POT, then they may very well put you in the last corral.

I would venture to guess Option 2 is the most likely outcome. Option 1 and 3 are slim in your specific case.

I believe Option 2 based on the guidance on the website, "Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge participants should adhere to Full Marathon proof of time requirements. "

Anybody on here who is part of Gold/Platinum Club runDisney that registered today? Did they allow registration for Challenges (or only one race)?

I was able to register for Dopey today through the club runDisney email link. I have a platinum membership so had the option to do 1 of any of the registration options.

What I'm curious about is for gold, are you able to register for Dopey or just Goofy because Dopey includes the shorter distances? If you can do Dopey with a gold membership, I'm not sure the extra cost of platinum makes sense (not that it really makes sense, I'm still feeling guilty for spending money on club runDisney at all lol).

I don't like the 10K theme but I'm not running it either so it is what it is but my wife is happy about Pluto for the 5k.

I'm wondering if adding Minnie and Daisy to the theme is to widen the range of women-specific clothing or if they will make their way into the medals. I like the simplicity of just Mickey or Donald but I'm sure they will have something nice

I also wonder about the coloring. I liked when they were a little bolder. Looking forward to more info coming out like the courses, kids event, and more merchandising.
Minnie and Mickey were both on the marathon medal two years ago (opposite sides of a spinner) and last year for the virtual race. The virtual half medal had both Donald and Daisy on it last year. I don't think they would go backwards and remove them this year so it is probably a safe bet they will both be there.

I had this issue for Goofy. My HM POT put me in the 2:00-2:14 corral for the wine and dine half, but because it wasn't fast enough for the comparable marathon corral when I used the same race as POT for Goofy I ended up in the 2:15-2:30 corral for the HM on Marathon race weekend.

I'm finding the sub2/sub4 POT a bit of a relief. I had plans to try for a better POT in September to make the cut off for both the HM/M races in January (based on past years' cut offs). But there's no way I can get sub 4, so now I don't have to worry about it. Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter