Marathon Weekend 2022

Name: Mario
Where I’m From: Poland -> Chicago -> Houston
What I Do: NASA Flight Controller and Software Developer (3D Graphics & java/web)
Family: Mom, Beautiful Girlfriend
Interests & Hobbies: Running, Running for Medals, Running for Swag, Software Development, Robotics (competed on TLC Robotica show), oh and Traveling

SAFD:
Name:
John
Where I Live: Dubai at the moment. Been in Houston, Iraq, Doha, and Russia over the past 15 years.
What I Do: Finance for a large multinational oil & gas company
Interests: participating in endurance sports; watching sports (mostly college and EPL); food & wine; beer & bourbon; diving; travel; dog agility (3rd place at nationals in 2019); watching movies/concerts/theatre

SAFD:

Name: Jennifer
Where I live: southern Illinois (about 54 miles from Kentucky), having relocated here 14 months ago from the western suburbs of Chicago.
Family: DH and a 5 yr old rescue named Lolly. She is our 3rd rescue, and like the prior two has her quirks but is a loving goofball.
What I do: Unemployed. Between the timing of the move and Covid 19, job hunting hasn’t been high priority. The local economy and DH working for one of the largest area employers complicates the search.
Interests: reading, animals, walking, travel, been doing a bit of crafting during the last year, and chauffeuring the dog to the vet.

My avatar is of Iso, our first rescue dog who loved his stuffed Tigger, and who I still miss. Lolly is pictured below, for the record she threw the duck at herself.

.D0599FE6-B9E3-474F-A3CC-34B6001087A4.jpeg

SAFD:
Name:
Nick
Where I Live: Houston by way of Austin
What I Do: R&D Chemist
Interests: Movies/books (mainly Sci-Fi/Fantasy); political organizing; travel when possible (I've been to most of Western Europe, planning East Asia once vaccines are rolled out); learning and continuing education :)

SAFD:
Name: Brad
Where I live: Phoenix (Gilbert) by way of Oklahoma, Texas, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville, and Seattle
Family: Wife, 16 year old cat (Eartha Kitty)
What I Do: Project manager for electrical equipment manufacturer
Interests: Running, cycling, sports (NHL, college football, EPL), Disney, golf
my sweet little kitty:
Demon kitty.jpg

SAFD:

Hi everyone! I’m Mike and live in Warren, PA (near Erie, PA). For family it is my DW of 23 yrs in May. We have one furry kid. She’s a JRT/beagle mix who we adopted 3 years ago today, and is now 14 (we love adopting the senior dogs). I am an audit manager for a bank. My interests are jogging, reading, camping with friends.

SAFD:
Name: Keith
Where I live: Dallas, but grew up an hour north of Disneyland and have lived in Atlanta, Denver, and Tucson.
Family: 2 daughters, 20 and 17.
What I Do: Sales, usually for education software, but currently for churches.
Interests: Mainly Disney, sports, running, travel, movies and music, but I am pretty much interested in everything.

SAFD:
My name is Charlie, I currently live in Okemos, Michigan where I work at Michigan State University. However, I spent the majority of my life in California living along the coast and in the redwoods. I am married, 22 years with two daughters, 18 & 13, two adult cats and our puppy, Kai. My wife and daughters are huge Disney fans, Kai lloved his Baloo stuffie (until he chewed it to pieces...). But the cats seem to be pretty indifferent about Disney.

As many of you I am an avid runner and huge lover of all things Disney. I also love travel, hiking, backpacking and camping. I am also a life long New Orleans Saints fan, currently in mourning. On a bright note here is a picture of Kai!

Attachments

• 9D528029-1D35-4733-A0AE-EAF8178CE0D2.jpeg
    9D528029-1D35-4733-A0AE-EAF8178CE0D2.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 14
Im very excited to have joined this thread right as SAFD is starting up again! I’m really hoping to participate in marathon weekend 2022 as a walker. It would be awesome to get to know some people who will be there and maybe see some friendly faces as I’ll most likely be racing alone!
I can honestly say that even though I have run two marathons by myself, I did not run them alone. In some of the more challenging moments of my first marathon, I remembered some great that @OldSlowGoofyGuy gave me about how to cope when the miles started to mount and my body wanted to take it easy that helped me make it through to the triumphant end.

Name: Chantal
Where I Live: the Netherlands, between The Hague and Amsterdam, in a town called Leiderdorp
What I Do: translator, for central government. Normally in an office, but working from home since last March
Family: husband and one daughter, 19.
Interests: running: I try to do at least 1 marathon each year. Hoping for a place in the London Marathon ballot, results out on 8 February. I've done the Disney Paris Run weekend twice now. Other interests are travelling: favorite destination is Asia, but as things are at the moment, I'll settle for anything across our national border ;-)). But we're certainly also aiming for Dubai (Expo) this year. We've been to all the Disney resorts.

Name: Brett
Where I’m From:
Early years: New Jersey, Southern California, Oklahoma​
Grew up in Dallas, undergrad in Austin​
Adult life: Navy (mainly Southern CA, Florida panhandle, Texas gulf coast), Chicago, Seattle, western suburbs of Chicago​
What I Do: Finance for a private university (not really sure how my engineering undergrad degree got me here)
Family: DW, DD (17), DS (15), Maisy (7-month old Golden - see pic below)
Interests & Hobbies: Running, photography, skiing (actually snowboarding), platform tennis (paddle), Christmas lights to music, electric vehicles, all things tech

Maisy.jpg

Name: Mike
Where I Live: Orange Co. CA. 10 minutes to Disneyland!
What I Do: Software Mgr for an aerospace company
Family: Married with 5 kids DD(17), DD(15), DD(14), DD(12), DS(4)
Interests: Watching Disney vloggers on youtube, volunteering for a local organization, spending time with kids, CrossFit, and running

I've run 3 marathons, San Diego twice, and LA once. Probably about 8-10 half-marathons, with 3 being the Disneyland HM, not too many 5K or 10Ks because I refuse to pay money for lengths that I normally run :)

Looking forward to signing up for the 2022 Dopey but from the sounds of it, it's almost like getting a RoTR boarding group!

I’m Tammy, from near Athens, GA. I grew up in metro Atlanta, but except for five years in west GA, have lived in or near Athens since college. DH and I were college sweethearts, and have two adult sons, ages 25 and 23. We raised them right, by taking them to Disney throughout their childhoods. We also have a rescue mostly-JRT named Hank, who is about 14 now. He is a big fan of Best Friends Pet Resort.
My hobbies include Disney, travel, cooking, baking, sewing (especially Disney race costumes), LEGO, yoga, and I am a reluctant (usually) runner, but I’ve done six marathons, one ultra, dozens of half marathons, and lots of shorter races.
DH and I love planning Disney trips, and discussing all things Disney. We look forward to the SAFD questions every week, and frequently discuss them while walking Hank on Sunday mornings. 8014E49A-61DD-4F8A-BC8D-A5B3A7B5BDE0.jpeg

SAFD:

Hi!

I'm Jillian. I'm from the suburbs of Boston, MA. I'm a social worker at a non profit in the city where I work with young people! Though I don't live with them anymore, my family consists of my parents and brother and I consider my neighbor and her family to be part of my family. She and her husband have two kids who I consider my niece and nephew. They're 4 (Miss M) and 8 (Buddy B). They call me Aunty J. 💕

Outside of running, I really love music (mostly listening, though I did teach myself to play ukulele during quarantine) and getting lost in stories, whether that be by reading or watching tv and movies. I used to spend a lot of time with friends hanging out or getting dinner/drinks/ice cream but... covid.

I also really love to travel! My favorite trip was definitely my 2 weeks in Australia and New Zealand. Though I also loved my quick 5 day trip to Iceland. I've also been to Ireland (twice), Italy, England (study abroad and another short trip), Wales, Scotland, France (twice), and Israel.

Wow! I just found this thread. I kept thinking I’d see someone post the link for it and never did.

Name: Candace
Where I’m From: Alabama
What I Do: Special Education Teacher
Family: Husband; 2 sons: D(8) & G(4); cat - Harry; dog - Luna
Interests & Hobbies: Running, Reading, scrapbooking (when I have time), Traveling, Disney (DVC), Harry Potter

I’m in for my first full marathon hopefully as part of Goofy. 2023 is our backup plan. Our goal is to go to Disney for D’s 10th birthday in 2022 anyway. DH has lovingly agreed to move the trip a little earlier to cover MW in hopes the races happen. If they don’t happen, we still go (maybe shift it a little to start and end on the weekend). Then go back in 2023 so I can run my first full marathon before I turn 40.
We own at Poly and AKV so that’s where we will be booking in less than a month 🤞

Name: Bree

Family: DH of 18 years, 17yo DS & 15yo DD, 1 dog, 2 cats

Where I Live: Oviedo, FL - incorrectly pronounced as Oh-Vee-Dough. Grew up in western/central MA and moved to FL in 2014

What I Do: I own a horse boarding & training facility. We opened last spring. The first year of a small business is hard, but things are getting easier and we are starting to have more free time. DH is an Information Security Officer.

Hobbies: Running, reading, drinking coffee, food & adult beverages. I can add weight lifting back into the mix once our garage with attached home gym is complete.

Picture from our 4H field trip last weekend to sort baby cows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter