Marathon Weekend 2022

This confirms to me that they are filling full fields for the races. The new registration system definitely limits the number of people in the system at any given time; that’s much better than the chaos of the past.

I think this year has relatively the same level of demand as in the past, we just had reduced field events last year that were pure chaos and it made us all forget that most recent years had availability for extended periods. If the 10k and Half don’t sell out today I’ll backtrack, but otherwise I’d say it looks pretty normal.

In for the Goofy, after numerous issues trying to register on my phone.

I physically am at work, but I had an out of office block on my calendar for 15 minutes before registration began to an hour after. Didn't stop my boss from calling me into his office for a meeting to review a project at 4 after. :rotfl2:Kept me from worrying while the timer counted down.

I wonder of the greater availability might also be due to international runners not registering? Personally, I'm not planning international travel until things settle down more with borders.

I got dopey, my wife got marathon, and my daughter got marathon. Luckily she came over here and did it on my wife's phone because that popped up first and Sarah is younger/quicker. Probably the reason she got a much better RotR spot than me.

Interesting enough, my wife clicked the marathon link on the phone while the others we did were all Dopey. Phone came up way earlier and she registered for marathon then added me on dopey all done way before my dopey link ever was ready for me to register. So maybe if you are doing 2 people you can get lucky and click the least busy link and get in earlier?? idk :confused3

So if I'm not an annual pass holder, is it a safe assumption I should buy any park tickets I want for race weekend now to avoid being locked out after the races?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter