Marathon Weekend 2022

Can someone check any studios from the 5th-10th? Or the 7th-10th? 🤞🤞

found someone on the dvc section and got the 5th-9th! now to figure out that last night (which, honestly is the worst day for us to change resorts LOL)
:cheer2:
Prior to this morning, the 9th-10th was the easiest to get, so don’t lose hope! I had that night in a studio in 2 different resorts, and I was hoping/waiting to add on the days prior. Hopefully that night will open up again as people make changes based on this morning’s availability.

we actually ended up with a 1br since the studios the owner originally found (kidani and boulder ridge) were gone by the time I got back home and was able to call him. DS drove us to XC practice this morning, so i was busy texting on my phone with the owner. Nearly grown kids can be a real asset sometimes. :)

now to stalk for that last night......

I don't know if I'm more excited about the full size fridge, or the washer and dryer in the room. PLUS it will make things soooooo much better in the morning when I have to get up at dark-thirty to get ready for the race, being able to close the door for DH and DD to keep sleeping.

FYI: ...10K showing availability...
Now 5k is available too

A couple of scenarios come to mind:
  1. They’re slowly breaking up unsold Dopey bibs. Granted, the half marathon hasn’t been observed to reopen, I don’t think, but as fast as availability shows up and disappears we may have just not seen it.
  2. Charities may be returning some bibs they can’t find runners for. There was an (apparent) mad rush to contact charities when paranoia about registration availability was running high. Some may have over-requested bibs based on those initial inquiries. I’m not sure what rDs policy on charity bib returns is, though, as I’ve heard stories about them getting stuck with bibs before.
It’s interesting to speculate, though.

1. They’re slowly breaking up unsold Dopey bibs. Granted, the half marathon hasn’t been observed to reopen, I don’t think, but as fast as availability shows up and disappears we may have just not seen it.
  2. Charities may be returning some bibs they can’t find runners for. There was an (apparent) mad rush to contact charities when paranoia about registration availability was running high. Some may have over-requested bibs based on those initial inquiries. I’m not sure what rDs policy on charity bib returns is, though, as I’ve heard stories about them getting stuck with bibs before.
Yeah, it is really weird. There is still a ton of time before the race. Seems odd that a charity would be returning bibs already, or that rD would be breaking up challenges so soon.

I did see the half reopen. I’m not sure how long it stayed open, but there was a point last week when everything was open.

With DVC bookings popping up too, I suspect it's actually just people cancelling their plans altogether out of Covid fears.

I'd say "more for me" except I already have my room and race bib and I sure as heck ain't running that race twice. 😂

With DVC bookings popping up too, I suspect it's actually just people cancelling their plans altogether out of Covid fears.

I'd say "more for me" except I already have my room and race bib and I sure as heck ain't running that race twice. 😂

As far as I know, RunDisney hasn’t budged on their no refunds policy, which makes it hard to believe these are cancellations freeing up bibs. Have you heard of folks being able to cancel out of their bibs?

As far as I know, RunDisney hasn’t budged on their no refunds policy, which makes it hard to believe these are cancellations freeing up bibs. Have you heard of folks being able to cancel out of their bibs?
No, that's a fair point. Though I'm surprised they don't at least allow switching to Virtual within some set timeframe.

Wasn't Goofy closed for a while? If so, it seems that they are possibly breaking up Dopey bibs into Goofy/5k/10k bibs. That would make sense as to why the half has not been reopened very much.

No, that's a fair point. Though I'm surprised they don't at least allow switching to Virtual within some set timeframe.

Switching to virtual was an interesting thought, so I just tried in my account. It only gave me the option to transfer my Dopey registration to the in-person Marathon or Goofy. No idea if they’d be able or willing to do it over the phone, though.

What are the thoughts on when we will have a course map for the full? I ran it in 2013 and 2016. It will certainly be different now, if only because of construction. I study the maps of the races I run quite closely and am anxious to see what this one will look like. I felt like my 2016 race performance really improved due to the fact that I had already run the 2013 one and so I knew the course so well.

What are the thoughts on when we will have a course map for the full? I ran it in 2013 and 2016. It will certainly be different now, if only because of construction. I study the maps of the races I run quite closely and am anxious to see what this one will look like. I felt like my 2016 race performance really improved due to the fact that I had already run the 2013 one and so I knew the course so well.

We probably won’t have a course map until the Digital Event Guide is released a couple of weeks prior to the race, if previous history is any guide. If I were to guess, I‘d speculate that this year’s route will be pretty similar to the 2020 route.

We probably won’t have a course map until the Digital Event Guide is released a couple of weeks prior to the race, if previous history is any guide. If I were to guess, I‘d speculate that this year’s route will be pretty similar to the 2020 route.
The 2013 and 2016 course maps were available well before the races. Has that window become smaller in recent years, I guess?

The 2013 and 2016 course maps were available well before the races. Has that window become smaller in recent years, I guess?

It would appear from the discussion in the Marathon Weekend 2016 thread that on December 8th, 2015 the digital event guide was released (link). Based on the discussion that happens after that post, this was the first time we saw an official 2016 course route.

This post from July 9th, 2012 does seem to indicate that the 2013 marathon weekend course maps were released earlier (link).

It would appear from the discussion in the Marathon Weekend 2016 thread that on December 8th, 2015 the digital event guide was released (link). Based on the discussion that happens after that post, this was the first time we saw an official 2016 course route.

This post from July 9th, 2012 does seem to indicate that the 2013 marathon weekend course maps were released earlier (link).
Interesting. Thanks for the information. Perhaps I remembered it being earlier because most of the course was the same as 2013. I do remember small adjustments in the Western Way out-and-back and a little jaunt toward Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I know I had the 2013 map well before the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter