Marathon Weekend 2022

SAFD: It used to be AK, and it still might be, but when Pandora opened, it became a lot more crowded and wasn’t quite as peaceful… I still really enjoy it - Animals, Flame Tree BBQ, Everest - and I do really enjoy Na’vi…
But really it is probably is MK for everything that makes Disney Disney - the smells, the sound scapes, the rides, happiness…

SAFD:

I really want to go for the big cop out and say they are all my favorite, and that would probably be as close to the truth as anything, but I’ll try to narrow it.

With the strong caveat that I’d happily spend a day at any of them, here is my current order:

4. Epcot. On any given trip it can end up being my favorite day. When detached from the experience I realize that I wish it had more to do (Ratatouille and Guardians might help in this area) and I realize how much my enjoyment is dependent on additional expenditure (I tend to spend more on snacking and souvenir-ing at Epcot).

3. Hollywood Studios. It’s a complete mess tonally. I like a lot of the individual aspects and it has some of my favorite attractions but it is, for me, by far the least cohesive park. Individual aspects have immersion but they don’t tie together well at all. Also, Happily Ever After can be scrapped after a couple years but we’ve still got a nighttime spectacular partially themed on hyping new release Pocahontas?

2. Animal Kingdom. Probably my favorite attraction to attraction immersive experience. Best quick service options for lunch (usually the only meal that must be eaten in park for our group). Only drawback is their complete inability to find a nighttime show that rises to the level of the rest of the park.

1. Magic Kingdom. Doesn’t really need much explanation. Festival of Fantasy and Happily Ever After put it over the top for me. HEA leaving is a negative, but as long as they don’t completely mess up Disney Enchantment it will still be my favorite way to close out a day.

SAFD: Magic Kingdom is quintessential Disney for me. It’s where I spend most of my time and I am happy just being in the park. It has one of my favorite restaurants (Columbia Harbour House) and many of my favorite attractions (HM, PotC, etc). It’s where I proposed to DW. I enjoy all the parks, but MK is top of the list.

SAFD: Epcot by a mile. I love that park. When I lived in FL and had an AP I don't think I ever went over and didn't either start or end at Epcot. I've had probably 4 or 5 single day trips since moving home, usually for other things in FL with a day in Orlando to burn, and every time I hit just Epcot.

Last edited:
Safd: I love Hollywood Studios! Haha. Ok, I mainly love Toy Story Land and Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge. But I also love the stage shows. Looking forward to going back when they’re all running again.

HS is the first Disney park we ever stepped foot in. We’ve also been to this park the most. I also love the neon all along Hollywood Boulevard. Such a beautiful sight! My daughter loves going to Hollywood and Vine. Probably to see the characters, but the non buffet food on our January trip was really good.

SAFD: Used to be MK. Now AK has taken the lead. If I could be guaranteed Dapper Dans at every visit, MK might be back in the running. I rode FOP for the first time a couple of years ago and now I’m hooked. Safari ride, live tigers, hippos, petting zoo, and the bird shows that beat all other live entertainment for both DS and myself, and I really don’t care much for birds, but those shows are so cool!

SAFD:

EPCOT for what it was, AK for what it currently is.

I always loved the festivals and edutainment at EPCOT, most of which were already being systematically pared down pre-COVID. Festival of the Arts was the only festival that still had seminars along with the food booths and performances, and was my favorite as a result.

AK, despite the original marketing of "Not A Zoo," is my favorite zoo in the world. I love seeing how well taken care of all the creatures are, and I've particularly enjoyed seeing animals be born and grow up over the years.

I asked this on the 2021 running thread but wanted to cross-post here as well:

Is there anyone on this thread that lives in Phoenix and can answer a few running related questions about downtown? I will be there for a work trip during marathon training and have a few questions about the routes I am planning and also a few tracks that look close enough to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter