• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2022

So… yay…. My flight was canceled this morning. I found out right as I was about finished getting ready at 3:45am CT. Thankfully I was able to rebook for a flight about 40 minutes earlier, and I was planning on being at the airport really early (even though I have pre-check and it’s a smaller airport and security usually isn’t as bad as some of the larger airports). So now I’m sitting waiting to go! See you in Florida!

(Just received a FlightAware notice that the second flight of my trip just filed a departure plan… so hopefully that one will be good to go too 🤞)

So… yay…. My flight was canceled this morning. I found out right as I was about finished getting ready at 3:45am CT. Thankfully I was able to rebook for a flight about 40 minutes earlier, and I was planning on being at the airport really early (even though I have pre-check and it’s a smaller airport and security usually isn’t as bad as some of the larger airports). So now I’m sitting waiting to go! See you in Florida!

(Just received a FlightAware notice that the second flight of my trip just filed a departure plan… so hopefully that one will be good to go too 🤞)

Good luck! I’m sitting here in a departure gate with my fingers crossed for an on time flight, too.

I'm glad the pixie dust magic started early and you were able to book another flight.

Southwest canceled my flight on Monday. I was able to get another on Monday but now have to transfer at Baltimore instead of flying direct.

What a 24 hours it has been. Southwest canceled my flight again and there was virtually nothing available. I was able to book a JetBlue flight. First time I have ever booked a flight and was on it within two hours. Thank goodness I was already packed and live very close to the airport. Needless to say, I'm writing this in my Pop Century room. Hope everyone manages to get here with all the flight issues.

Phew, my pre-trip, covid world anxiety insomnia allowed me to catch up on this thread! Checked our flights out this morning on SWA after reading the posts on the past couple pages, and so far so good….🙏🏼🙏🏼

Dopey bibs for informational purposes (both 4:01-4:30 as we had no POT race):

Hubby: 211xx
Mine: 214xx

Now onto the Genie+ thread to see if it functions similarly enough to Maxpass at DLR (RIP 😢) to be worth it.

Thanks for this informative thread! I've been following for a while but starting to get anxious about my flight this week. If all else fails, and I end up missing the expo, where exactly would I be able to pick up my bib the day of the half?

Not sure if you got your answer in the midst of yesterday's bib number bonanza. I believe the location is where I put the black "X" on the image below.

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 8.22.00 AM.png

It is just after security on the left side, last tent before you go through the small walkway into the large holding area.

Here is the walk in 2017 after security. At 51 seconds you see a group of Dalmatian runners and can see a hint of a large tent (which is where the X is on my image above). I believe that is the tent you're looking for. It's before what you see afterwards at 52 seconds and beyond when they've now entered the large holding area.

I've never used it myself, but I believe that is the location. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong. As always it's never guaranteed to be there, but I anticipate it will be.

It wouldn't be of help. I believe the Platinum members will be in s2 regardless of number. But @ValW's number is a fringe s1 value despite no POT.

Based on the data collected thus far that appears to be in s2 of six starting groups. Starting time estimate is 5:07 to 5:20 assuming on time start of 5:00am and balloon ladies at 6:00am.

You likely put 4:30-5:00 based on your bib number. You will likely be in s3. Your start time is estimated to be 5:20-5:38am vs the balloon ladies of 6:00am.
Thank you so much for your insight.

Regarding flight cancellations. Just saw that the same flight we were scheduled on tomorrow was canceled for this morning's version. It was going thru Baltimore. We used to have a direct flight, but lost it recently. Our available Southwest flights all had connections thru Baltimore and Chicago, so not perfect timing. So we just made the decision to not risk it being canceled in the morning and will simply make the 13.5 hour drive starting sometime early tomorrow morning. At least we can go straight to Expo this way. :D

And just like that- my infant daughter was in direct contact with a positive Covid case at daycare and she is quarantined for the next 10 days. She wasn’t coming on the trip with me, but now I have a moral issue with traveling. She has no symptoms (as of yet) so I guess I’m playing this all by ear.

My anxiety about flying down on my early morning Friday flight got the best of me and so I switched to a midday Thursday flight just in case things go sideways with weather, staffing, etc. Snagged a night at All Stars for Thursday night and will transfer to AKL on Friday. It's costing me another couple hundred dollars but my anxiety level is much better! :thumbsup2

My anxiety about flying down on my early morning Friday flight got the best of me and so I switched to a midday Thursday flight just in case things go sideways with weather, staffing, etc. Snagged a night at All Stars for Thursday night and will transfer to AKL on Friday. It's costing me another couple hundred dollars but my anxiety level is much better! :thumbsup2

Same situation for me. The ~$200 for an extra night to come down early was worth the peace of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter