Marathon Weekend 2022

Holy bleeping anxiety, Batman. Woke up after 90min of sleep just now almost having a full blown anxiety attack. Major imposter syndrome going on. 😩😩😩 This sucks so much. If you’re on, I need someone to talk me down that tomorrow isn’t going to be the worst day of my life and that I haven’t wasted all of this time training. I’m so tired, and every time I close my eyes right now it just ramps way back up.

I know from anxiety attacks and, although they sometimes won’t quit, they are rarely founded on rational fear. You’re going to do what you can do tomorrow and, no matter what that is, no training was wasted; every step was one in the right direction.

Everyone here is behind you, knows you can do it, and will support you whatever the day brings.

Holy bleeping anxiety, Batman. Woke up after 90min of sleep just now almost having a full blown anxiety attack. Major imposter syndrome going on. 😩😩😩 This sucks so much. If you’re on, I need someone to talk me down that tomorrow isn’t going to be the worst day of my life and that I haven’t wasted all of this time training. I’m so tired, and every time I close my eyes right now it just ramps way back up.
While I’m not in the same place as you, I’m awake too (again) and nervous and wondering if I can do this and feeling all the feels. I think most of it is the fear of letting myself down after all the months of training and anticipation. I just keep trying to remind myself that I did the work already. You did as well. Not only that, but if I remember correctly your work also included completing a marathon!

Now we get to celebrate all of our hard work with a 26.2 victory lap through the most magical place on Earth. I don’t expect all of those miles to be magical, but I’m not worrying about time. When the miles become a challenge, we just have to put one foot in front of the other. We’ve got this!

Now I’m going to attempt another sleep meditation to try to get another hour or 2 of sleep…

It's just a 26.2 mile trip through the four parks. You're ready for this.
I hope you can get back to sleep soon!

You can do this. Take it easy and let your body do what you’ve trained it to do. Soak up the Disney magic and have fun!

Can someone please remind me of the prerace meetup plan for tomorrow?

(I hate to be “this person” but I feel like I’ve searched so many pages and am not finding it. Sorry!)
I'd like to know too. A quick hello with people would be awesome. I'll be the tall guy in a red shirt.

It sounds cliche to say trust the training and you got this, but both are true.
It also took just 8 minutes at almost 11pm at prime marathon sleeping time for a string of positivity to show up. This group is amazing. Hope to see some of you today.

Not sleeping well is totally normal before a marathon. And one night's sleep does not define your capability to finish the race. You are strong and determined and you can do this! You will be a marathoner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter