Marathon Weekend 2023

I'm sorry for a "beaten to death" questions, but I'm getting on the road to WDW this morning and don't have time to research...
For runners doing the 1/2, can spectators view from MK or is that only for the full?

If yes, how does transportation run? Early (runners) bus to epcot and monorail to TTC/MK? or drive/park only?

If no, spectators at finish line-- when do those busses run? I've had several issues in the past with family not making it to the finish line in time to see me cross the line...

Thanks for the info, see you guys soon!!!
Per the event guide for the half : “Mile 4.8: Main Street, USA at Magic Kingdom | Accessible 5:15am-7:30am. Take the monorail from EPCOT to Transportation and Ticket Center, exit, then take monorail to Magic Kingdom.”

So yes, they will want to take a bus before the race starts to Epcot and then monorail.

The buses will run from 2:30-4:30 and then start again at 6a. I’d suggest having them get on a bus by 4 so they have some wiggle room.

I wish I had thought to look at this thread during the race! I kept skipping characters because the lines looked too long and they weren’t must-dos, but then I realized at 2 miles I’d have no photos so I stopped for Max. Of course I regretted that decision afterwards because I think he’s supposed to be at the half or full, and Chip and Dale were next in their rescue rangers outfits. I would’ve stopped for them instead if I had known, but I didn’t have the patience to wait in another long line :rotfl:
I’m with you, but I promised myself i would stop for at least one character photo each race. This race I stopped for chip and salt and waited less than five minutes. Overall it was a great race. Not too congested which was nice. Humid as all get out though!

I feel like this gets asked every race weekend, but is anyone else having issues linking their bibs to photopass? I’m doing WDWWK5K##### and it’s giving me an error.

The merch was a mess. We got there around 2:30 and it was still so busy. So many people sitting to the site with a bunch of stuff and taking photos of things. I wanted the Dopey hoodie, and even though I’m generally a XS/S, I couldn’t fit my arms into the small.

The 5k was fun! Was with my son, so we were at the end of D, which took forever to start. I wish the lines hadn’t been so long, I would’ve loved to get some character photos with my son.

I feel like this gets asked every race weekend, but is anyone else having issues linking their bibs to photopass? I’m doing WDWWK5K##### and it’s giving me an error.

The merch was a mess. We got there around 2:30 and it was still so busy. So many people sitting to the site with a bunch of stuff and taking photos of things. I wanted the Dopey hoodie, and even though I’m generally a XS/S, I couldn’t fit my arms into the small.

The 5k was fun! Was with my son, so we were at the end of D, which took forever to start. I wish the lines hadn’t been so long, I would’ve loved to get some character photos with my son.
I think it's 2023WDWW5K5#####

Just realized I’m missing my 5k shirt.

How likely can I get it if I head back to the expo in the next couple days and ask for it, or am I simply out of luck.

I accidently left my phone in my car and walked all the way back to get my VQ barcodes, only to walk straight in without any checks around 6:30pm. Everything seemed well stocked, but I have no idea what was missing.
I'm likely going to the Expo later this afternoon. Did you see if they were well-stocked with the HM finisher shirts?

View attachment 729917
One down three to go. Beer tent didn’t open until 6am so I had to wait around 25 minutes, but it’s worth it 😁

Started in 4th wave of A and the course cleared out quickly. I didn’t stop for pics, but I posted earlier what I saw.
That's great! I hope that you're feeling better.

So were the lines stupid long for all the characters during the race?
I thought they were. I started at the back of B and my garmin time was 43:32 and I stopped it during lines. My phone stopwatch was 1:38:41. So that’s about 55 mins for two pics, mushu and max. All the other lines looked at least as long and when I passed genie and abu their line was closed.

I had a good time after the bus stress. My legs are dead though. I’m hoping some rest today will get me through the next two days. Bus lines back were fine when I got there around 7:45.

I also thought that was a great race and fun course. I’ve done 5k’s for Princess and I think some of the other (non-Marathon weekend) races and have a memory of a lot of congestion and weaving from those races, but this wasn’t really congested at all, at least from B. I could run my race and relax.

Kill the Beast followed by What’s the Frequency Kenneth playing in World Showcase made me LOL. This theme is really all over the place (but as a 90’s teen is kind of fun). But who is making these playlist decisions?

Got to CR bus pickup at 3:25am to a decently long line - maybe 50+ people. CR shares a bus with FW and WL and is the last pick-up… we went through 2 or 3 buses that arrived already mostly full so only a few people could get on. They must have dispatched an empty bus as eventually one arrived. I was through security 4:06am, so not all that bad.

Post-race buses were a decent wait as they needed to clear the 5k course to get rolling, but once they did loading was efficient and we were on our way pretty quickly. Back at CR at 7:01am after stopping at WL first (I’m assuming the driver either forgot FW or was planning that last?).

Anyway - totally fun, great way to start the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter