Marathon Weekend 2023

So my plan is to run just the half on MW weekend. How risky is it to rent points now for a DVC room? I'm afraid that if I wait until after registration, the last few 1 bedrooms I'm eyeing will sell out.

Where would you pick: Riviera, VGF, BLT, Boardwalk

(Does the monorail typically run as morning transportation for the half?)

So I check dvc board, it is starting to get slim, I did Friday to Monday. Most studios are booked accept for SS, AK, and OKW. So you would have to book 1 bedroom. And a lot of places are fully booked up. So booking sooner rather than later is safer. But if you are okay with 1 bedroom which is more expensive then you should be fine waiting. You just might not get a prefered resort choice too.

So my plan is to run just the half on MW weekend. How risky is it to rent points now for a DVC room? I'm afraid that if I wait until after registration, the last few 1 bedrooms I'm eyeing will sell out.

Where would you pick: Riviera, VGF, BLT, Boardwalk

(Does the monorail typically run as morning transportation for the half?)

I would also keep an eye out for confirmed reservations. I got mine for MW from David's and didn't secure it til October 31. I had booked a room at Pop in Feb 21 (before I was registered for the race) and held that as my backup. Then I checked the rental sites and found a unicorn....Value studio at AKL. It ended up being cheaper than Pop!

Last year I only ran the half because I knew I wasn't going to have the time for training. However, I totally resonate with what you're saying. The marathon seems like a steal compared to the other distances at only $8/mile.
I totally worked them all out on a cost/mile basis, too, lol! Marathon is a bargain by a landslide, though Goofy's not far behind at $10.xx/mile. I may never run a rD 5K again after pricing that one out. Yipes.

How good have you been at registering in the past? As long as you've never had more problems than most, I'd say just go for it. The monorail does run in the morning for the half and full, and for the monorail resorts, it's the only way they'll allow you to go to Epcot (unless it breaks down)
How about Beach club/Boardwalk..? Do they open those doors to get thru?

Got a response to my email about merch for marathon 2023. That was quick, anyone else get the same email?

Dear Marcea,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend .

From start to finish line, we strive to provide each of our runners with a magical Disney experience that everyone has come to know and love. Please rest assured we will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate areas.

Marcea, we hope we’ll get a chance to see you at another finish line real soon.

Kind Regards,

George
runDisney
Walt Disney World Resort
Email: runDisney@disneysports.com

is there a good thread (besides this awesome one) for registration tips/tricks? I know general ones for disney event registration (browsers, devices, etc.) , but haven't registered for an in-person race in a while & don't know if the dopey link on the main page is the best/only way to do it that day, or when we should be on the site

Got a response to my email about merch for marathon 2023. That was quick, anyone else get the same email?

Dear Marcea,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend .

From start to finish line, we strive to provide each of our runners with a magical Disney experience that everyone has come to know and love. Please rest assured we will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate areas.

Marcea, we hope we’ll get a chance to see you at another finish line real soon.

Kind Regards,

George
runDisney
Walt Disney World Resort
Email: runDisney@disneysports.com
I used the contact us page this afternoon to voice my concern about Dopey and already heard back as well. I guess maybe they're bored now that springtime surprise is over? 🤷‍♀️

is there a good thread (besides this awesome one) for registration tips/tricks? I know general ones for disney event registration (browsers, devices, etc.) , but haven't registered for an in-person race in a while & don't know if the dopey link on the main page is the best/only way to do it that day, or when we should be on the site
For this week’s SAFD (Sunday’s Are For Disney) question I was planning to ask about this very topic. So you should be able to get a number of good tips from the responses.

So, I was not a kid in the early 90s: I was a young, broke adult. Wasn't watching Disney Channel or Nickelodeon, didn't even have cable. Beer and cigarettes were at the top of my budget hierarchy lol!

When I think 1993 pop culture, this is what comes to mind:
View attachment 660989

Somebody make it happen, please!

My wife and I dressed as Elaine and Jerry for Halloween one year in college (maybe 2007?). We brought black/white cookies and all of our conversations with people were rehearsed skits from the show. “She had man hands.” Good times. Most didn’t recognize or get it.

Found a picture. It was Halloween 2008.

jerry elaine.jpeg

Wrote this last Summer. It covers a bunch of angles of the new registration process.

Registration Run-Down w/ Images! (A comprehensive run-down of the registration process) & Part 2

SAFD:

Going to throw caution to the wind…. And ask the SAFD question on Friday! Hopefully this leads to lots of good responses and not total chaos as I am now (for a second straight week) asking the question early!

This weeks question:
The theme is out and seems to be driving lots of interest! Given impacts of the end of the 50th year anniversary celebration, more people vacationing again, a cool theme and simply lots of people like us who enjoy runDisney the registration process could be challenging. So help us all out and share some of your tips to successful registration.

My answer:
Make sure your runDisney account is up to date. Use multiple devices and be on the runDisney website on each one before registration time. Be sure to vary when you click the link if you do have multiple devices. This past year I had 3 devices and the last I clicked on (just after 10am) was the one that opened for me first!?!

Make sure you have all the info you need so you can work fast. Work with others if registering for multiple races and multiple people. In this case what are your priorities? What is most important, what are you ok with not getting. Also nothing is confirmed until you make payment and get your confirmation! It is absolutely possible to lose a race you are actively registering for if it fills up before you complete your transaction.

Lastly, don't be me and freak out! Remember to breathe. With a good plan it is likely going to work out just fine. That is what I keep telling myself! :)

SAFD (Friday edition)
@Baloo in MI covered the obvious stuff. My contribution is: If you’re able to memorize your payment info, it can be really helpful to cut a few seconds off the process of having to glance back and forth at your card. This trick has come in handy for lots of registrations and purchases, especially in a situations where it’s hard to pull out your wallet/purse (like my stealth race registration during a staff meeting yesterday)

SAFD (Friday edition)
@Baloo in MI covered the obvious stuff. My contribution is: If you’re able to memorize your payment info, it can be really helpful to cut a few seconds off the process of having to glance back and forth at your card. This trick has come in handy for lots of registrations and purchases, especially in a situations where it’s hard to pull out your wallet/purse (like my stealth race registration during a staff meeting yesterday)

I can't remember what I had for lunch last Thursday. How do you expect me to remember a 16 digit Disney Gift card number that I will never type in again except this one time? 🤣

SAFD (Friday edition)
"You know you shop online too much when you have all of your credit card info memorized" (guilty here lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter