• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2023

SAFD: The GA/FL line is where DH insists that we put on our Magicbands on the way down, and (sadly) take them off on the way back. We usually spend time on the way back listing all of the new restaurants and experiences we had, and talking about what we want to do next trip, where we want to stay next, etc. When we get home, I like to get the laundry and unpacking done as soon as possible. DH is much slower to unpack.

I haven’t been on the Boards as much as usual for a couple of weeks, so I need to go back and catch up on all the posts I’ve missed. As for MW 2023, DH and I rented DVC points again, and booked a studio at SSR. We’ve not stayed there before, and are excited for a new resort. Yesterday, DS24 decided he’s ready to commit to his first marathon, and will run with DH in 2023. I decided to back off and register for the half only, while DH is planning for Goofy. We like to have another trip in the planning stage as soon as possible after getting home from Disney. In the last year, we’ve been fortunate enough to go three times—in May, 2021, for MW 2022, and PW 2022. Planning a Disney trip makes us happy.

SAFD: I usually pack pretty light for trips so I usually just go right from duffel bag in to the washing machine when I get home.

Also another one who always has another trip on the books, whether Disney or not, when I get back to help mitigate some of the post-trip depression.

I’m really anxious to see how registration goes on Tuesday. I’m still pretty set on registering for the marathon, but also still contemplating the 10K. If I decide to do it, I assume the best strategy would be to go for the 10K first since I have a hard time believing that even with it being the 30th anniversary that the marathon would sell out before the 10K. I just feel like the people who care about the anniversaries are going to go all in in order to get the Dopey 10th anniversary too.

Happy Easter!
After a quick trip for Springtime Surprise, we are back for some R & R. Just went through 27 pages (wow, time flies when you don’t check) enjoying a near perfect day at Storm along bay.
A quick answer to the previous SAFD, I hate Genie +, won’t use it.
This weeks SAFD we unpack immediately no matter the time of day, morning noon or night. It’s just easier to get back to normal when you get up and there isn’t any luggage to deal with
Good luck to all this Tuesday, I will be poolside hoping for a Dopey registration

Regarding registration, do you have to complete the pre-order merch request before you submit registration payment
or can you return later to buy what you want...thanks!

Regarding registration, do you have to complete the pre-order merch request before you submit registration payment
You could go back onto RunDisney after you got your confirmation email and do preorders in a separate transaction however ever since springtime surprise they have stopped doing preorders

Unless things changed in the week between, there was no pre-order option for those who were able to register last week.

This post reminded me of a registration tip I heard on a podcast yesterday that I don’t remember seeing mentioned in here last week (but maybe I missed it!): both shirt size and POT can be edited after registration so just select the first shirt option and first option without POT and register. Then you can go back in and update both of them afterwards. Granted, the shirt one will only save you a few seconds but the POT was a good one I hadn’t thought of (not that I even have one to submit right now since it’s been a few years since I did any, Springtime Surprise aside).

Hi everyone! Hoping to score a registration on Tuesday for this run weekend. It's the ONLY weekend I do not have a medal to represent. Would anyone be able to refresh my memory what time registration opens for the east coast?

SAFD: I am always very reluctant to take my magic band off, as that is the official end of the trip in my mind. I try to have another trip planned, so that one ends there is something to look forward to. We always talk about things we missed on that trip, that we will plan to do on the next one. I am grateful to have DVC - it means that I will be coming back, year after year!

I'm playing a fun game today.
Am I anxious because:
a) I'm signing up for Dopey tomorrow
b) I'm spending $$ on race registrations tomorrow
c) both of the above
d) I'm just really excited and am misreading it as anxiety.
For me it's c).

Anxious about getting signed up, anxious about spending the money, anxious that I won't be able to finish the races when the time comes. All the anxiety!

SAFD: If we get home in the afternoon, I always unpack and start laundry right away. I have OCD when it comes to laundry. So I dump out the bags, get the laundry going, and store away the bags. My wife is the opposite. Her suitcase can sit in her closet for days before she even thinks about taking the stuff out.

Blocked out my work calendar for Tuesday! No meetings and my office door will be close all morning. :) Hoping that it won't be too stressful to get in for Dopey.

SAFD- I used to be an unpack right away person but I’ve gotten lazy in my old age. Especially if I just took a trip to a different climate and don’t need the clothes right away. One way I make my trip last longer is to make a photo book in Shutterfly or something. It’s fun to design and look at all the pics again. And like others I start planning the next adventure asap.

I'm playing a fun game today.
Am I anxious because:
a) I'm signing up for Dopey tomorrow
b) I'm spending $$ on race registrations tomorrow
c) both of the above
d) I'm just really excited and am misreading it as anxiety.
I'm a combination of, signing multiple people up for the 5k, signing myself up for Dopey, $$$ on flights, and training/completing Dopey without getting injured.

I doubt its excitement at this point for myself.

SAFD- I used to be an unpack right away person but I’ve gotten lazy in my old age. Especially if I just took a trip to a different climate and don’t need the clothes right away. One way I make my trip last longer is to make a photo book in Shutterfly or something. It’s fun to design and look at all the pics again. And like others I start planning the next adventure asap.

Same! I love making picture books after my trip, makes memories resurface

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter