• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2023

Did anyone stop to ride ToT in the last marathon? If so, can you please tell us about your experience. I was severely tempted, but was too chicken to even try to calculate what kind of buffer I had. Gotta love the FOMO feelings!

I rode ToT this past marathon weekend. I got to Studios right around 8:40am so about 10 minutes after early park entry. Course ran right by the Stand By entrance. I carried a mask with me the whole race just to ride because they were still required indoors back in January.

I pretty much walked straight to the library room where you watch the Twilight Zone video. After that I did have to wait in line for a bit but it wasn’t too long. I didn’t ask to pass anyone in line and no one offered.

I got sat in the very middle of the back row beside another runner and as soon as the ride stopped everyone in our car was nice and let us get off first. I feel bad for whoever was sat there after me as I was soaking wet by that point.

In total it took me about 25 minutes from when I got in line until I was back on course.

My legs were feeling really good up until that point (this was part of Dopey) but as soon as I started running again my legs were dead. I made it just fine the last 3 miles but my legs made it clear that they weren’t happy with my decision to ride.

This was my 3rd WDW marathon and first time I stopped to ride anything. ToT is my (by far) favorite Disney attraction so I’ve always wanted to do it during a race. I’m sooooo happy that I did it but I don’t think I ever will again.

I rode ToT this past marathon weekend. I got to Studios right around 8:40am so about 10 minutes after early park entry. Course ran right by the Stand By entrance. I carried a mask with me the whole race just to ride because they were still required indoors back in January.

I pretty much walked straight to the library room where you watch the Twilight Zone video. After that I did have to wait in line for a bit but it wasn’t too long. I didn’t ask to pass anyone in line and no one offered.

I got sat in the very middle of the back row beside another runner and as soon as the ride stopped everyone in our car was nice and let us get off first. I feel bad for whoever was sat there after me as I was soaking wet by that point.

In total it took me about 25 minutes from when I got in line until I was back on course.

My legs were feeling really good up until that point (this was part of Dopey) but as soon as I started running again my legs were dead. I made it just fine the last 3 miles but my legs made it clear that they weren’t happy with my decision to ride.

This was my 3rd WDW marathon and first time I stopped to ride anything. ToT is my (by far) favorite Disney attraction so I’ve always wanted to do it during a race. I’m sooooo happy that I did it but I don’t think I ever will again.
That’s really cool! I was around an hour behind you and I, frankly, didn’t have the guts to stop and try to get on the ride. Looking back, I definitely wish that I did. Perhaps I’ll give it a try in three weeks.

Did anyone stop to ride ToT in the last marathon? If so, can you please tell us about your experience. I was severely tempted, but was too chicken to even try to calculate what kind of buffer I had. Gotta love the FOMO feelings!
As others have said and Bree posted a picture of, I stop to ride ToT every time. Usually try to get RnRC in as well. Takes about 45 minutes to get them both done and back on course. If you ask nicely, people already in line for the rides will normally let you skip in front of them. Not always, though, so be prepared to have to wait a little if someone says no.

Marathon Weekend 2023 DIS LIST

Thanks Billy!

RACE - 5K
NAME - Charlie
DIS'er name - Baloo in MI
Costume/Clothing -
No costume, undecided on running clothes.
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 10:00/Miles
Club runDisney Platinum? - No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Yes
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Middle
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early
Expected Race Pace - 30 Minutes

RACE - 10K
NAME - Charlie
Costume/Clothing -
No costume, undecided on running clothes
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 11:00/Miles
Club runDisney Platinum? -
No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Yes
Expected Race Pace -
10K: 65 minutes (ish)

RACE - Half
NAME - Charlie
Costume/Clothing -
No costume, undecided on running clothes
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - No plan, running with DD, slow and lots of pictures! :)
No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Yes (with my daughter, as long as I can get her up in time)
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Back
Expected Race Pace -
half: 2:30-3:00

RACE - Full
NAME - Charlie
Costume/Clothing - No costume, undecided on runnng clothes
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration -
10:40/Miles
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Yes
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Back
Expected Race Pace -
4:45

RACE - Marathon
NAME - Brett
DIS'er name - opusone
Costume/Clothing - plain clothes runner
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 1:45:27 HM POT
(Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Yes
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - wherever Goof Troop starts
Early Bird or Late Arriver - early
Expected Race Pace - GOOF TROOP pace

Saratoga Springs internal bus (like OKW) from the various "neighborhoods" to the main stop for race busses: yes? no? Just walk, it'll be faster?

Since everyone is sharing, here's my Everest photo from 2019. I'm in the front row in blue :rotfl2:I got there right before park opening, like 8:55, and luckily they had opened it a little early. That's why the car is all runners. But that was when it was a little earlier in the race, around 13.5 miles. I definitely recommend doing it, or any ride, if the timing works. It's such a memorable experience!

IMG_7216.JPG

I know last year they told us what the fuel would be. Does anyone remember WHERE in the guide that was? I see Honey Stinger is "featured" in the digital expo, but I can't find any mention of what the on-course fuel is.

RACE - Marathon
NAME -Ali
DIS'er name - eey777
Costume/Clothing - Marathon Minnie (yellow tank, pink shorts, white running hat with ears/bow)
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration -4:31-5:00 (whoops - optimistic!)
(Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Probably No
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Middle
Expected Race Pace - 12:50

(pace is best guess - trying to sufficiently factor in heat).

Thanks so much @DopeyBadger!

Just imagine if @DopeyBadger used his powers for evil. 😯

heinz-doofenshmirtz-phineas-and-ferb.gif

RACE -5k
NAME - Sarah
DIS'er name - HangwithMerida
Costume/Clothing -Anna leggings and long sleeve
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 8:00-10:00
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - middle
Early Bird or Late Arriver - early bird
Expected Race Pace - 12:00

RACE -
NAME - Sarah
DIS'er name -HangWithMerida
Costume/Clothing - Jesse
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration -8:00-10:00
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Yes
Expected Race Pace - 12:00

RACE -HM
NAME -Sarah
DIS'er name - HangWithMerida
Costume/Clothing - TBD, just running clothes
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 4:30-5:00 marathon (POT 2:08:02 HM)
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Yes
Expected Race Pace - 12-12:30

RACE - Marathon
NAME - Sarah
DIS'er name - HangwithMerida
Costume/Clothing - TBD, just running clothes
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 4:30-5:00 (POT 2:08:02 HM)
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Yes
Expected Race Pace - 13:00 ish

edited to add POT

Did you submit the POT or the estimate of 4:30-5:00? I'd be curious to hear where your 2 second outside the cutoff POT lands you.

Saratoga Springs internal bus (like OKW) from the various "neighborhoods" to the main stop for race busses: yes? no? Just walk, it'll be faster?

I don't remember an internal bus for SS. I was in the 8500 building (The Grandstand) and the walk to the bus pickup was like 5-7 min. runDisney bus picks up at just to the right of "F".

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 8.48.47 AM.png

RACE - 5K
NAME - Valarie
DIS'er name - pluto377
Costume/Clothing - Giselle from Enchanted
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 8:00-10:00 (lol, I stretch the truth on these)
(Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Hopefully!
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Front!
Expected Race Pace - 13:00?

RACE - 10K
NAME - Valarie
DIS'er name - pluto377
Costume/Clothing - Belle
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 8:00-10:00 (lol, I stretch the truth on these)
(Yes or No) No
Expected Race Pace - 13:00?

RACE - Half
NAME - Valarie
DIS'er name - pluto377
Costume/Clothing - 90s leggings and pink top
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 2:16-2:30
(Yes or No) No
Expected Race Pace - 14:00?

I might switch my costumes depending on weather.

Since everyone is sharing, here's my Everest photo from 2019. I'm in the front row in blue :rotfl2:I got there right before park opening, like 8:55, and luckily they had opened it a little early. That's why the car is all runners. But that was when it was a little earlier in the race, around 13.5 miles. I definitely recommend doing it, or any ride, if the timing works. It's such a memorable experience!

View attachment 725567
This is really great! I hope to have a picture like yours.

I don't remember an internal bus for SS. I was in the 8500 building (The Grandstand) and the walk to the bus pickup was like 5-7 min. runDisney bus picks up at just to the right of "F".
Yeah I walked at OKW the morning of the full....and it was around 0.8mi from our building to the front. We requested a room in the Grandstand section (nearest to springs for food options) so I may have a similar walk this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter