Marathon Weekend 2023

A couple of logistics questions:

Is the skyliner an option (open, accessible from finish line area) after we finish the race? We’re going to Hollywood after the 10K and I’d like to just meet my family there. We’ll be in the slow crowd of the last corral so anticipating we start by 6am and finish by 8am.

Can I leave my car in the race parking lot until the end of the evening? I assume it’s the Epcot parking lot but I’ve never driven to a race before.

We’re starting at Hollywood and hopping back to have dinner in Epcot so I thought leaving the car, taking the skyliner and returning back to the car after dinner could be a great option and limit my own driving around throughout the day. Is this possible?

Is the skyliner an option (open, accessible from finish line area) after we finish the race?
For anything but the marathon - no. It doesn’t start running until later. For the marathon, you could walk through Epcot to use BUT you would have to have an Epcot park pass to enter and walk through the park, meaning you couldn’t go to HS until park hopping starts at 2:00

You can leave your car in the parking lot and use busses to go back to hotel and then HS.

Is the skyliner an option (open, accessible from finish line area) after we finish the race? We’re going to Hollywood after the 10K and I’d like to just meet my family there. We’ll be in the slow crowd of the last corral so anticipating we start by 6am and finish by 8am.

Can I leave my car in the race parking lot until the end of the evening? I assume it’s the Epcot parking lot but I’ve never driven to a race before.

We’re starting at Hollywood and hopping back to have dinner in Epcot so I thought leaving the car, taking the skyliner and returning back to the car after dinner could be a great option and limit my own driving around throughout the day. Is this possible?

For anything but the marathon - no. It doesn’t start running until later. For the marathon, you could walk through Epcot to use BUT you would have to have an Epcot park pass to enter and walk through the park, meaning you couldn’t go to HS until park hopping starts at 2:00

You can leave your car in the parking lot and use busses to go back to hotel and then HS.
Maybe leave your car at Epcot, take a bus back to the Swan hotel after the 10k, then take the boat to HS.

If I wanted my husband to meet me at around the half way point of the marathon with more fuel (so I don’t have to carry so much from the start of the race) could he get all the way out to the course post GF/Poly in the parking lot area? I can’t remember if spectators are usually on the other side of the road by the poly, with the car-traffic lane separating the runners. The ttc is a bit earlier than I’d like.

Shoot- thanks. We’re staying offsite. I’ll have to keep thinking of another strategy that’s an efficient use of time.

If I wanted my husband to meet me at around the half way point of the marathon with more fuel (so I don’t have to carry so much from the start of the race) could he get all the way out to the course post GF/Poly in the parking lot area? I can’t remember if spectators are usually on the other side of the road by the poly, with the car-traffic lane separating the runners. The ttc is a bit earlier than I’d like.
If you're not set on getting all the way out to that parking lot, there are always a good number of spectators on both sides of the road at the Poly & GF. If he can get to the TTC I think there's a walking path over to the Poly.

You could take one of the buses back to the Beach Club, then walk over to the Skyliner and take that over to DHS. Or you could take the bus to Boardwalk or Yacht Club and take the boat as mentioned above or walk over to DHS.

How would they get back to their car at the Epcot parking lot? The usual mode of transportation from DHS to Epcot is the Skyliner, but that would leave them at the wrong entrance.

How would they get back to their car at the Epcot parking lot? The usual mode of transportation from DHS to Epcot is the Skyliner, but that would leave them at the wrong entrance.
They said they were having dinner in Epcot.

Park (not race) characters: looking at MDE, looks like the only place to meet Chip & Dale is AK - is that right? No chance of seeing them at EP or MK? I wasn’t planning AK this time, but I’d like a 10K medal pic with them not at the race.
Not helpful now, but Chip & Dale used to be at EPCOT: back in the mid-80s, they ran over my brother at the old Odyssey Restaurant (the flat, odd-shaped building to the far right as you look at Spaceship Earth from World Showcase) when he was waiting near a door he thought was the bathroom but was actually the character entrance; it’s still lore in my family and he still holds the grudge. Given the race theme, I wish I had held on to some of the jackets I remember wearing on that trip.

DIS List vFinal 2022_12_30

Hi all,

Attached is the final version (unless there are a few stragglers or the bib number allocation changes my predictions) of the DIS List. There were only a few clerical changes throughout the majority of the PDF, but there are a few new runners added as well. If I missed you, let me know.

I'm wishing you all the best MW experience!
Many thanks for this, @DopeyBadger.

Well, looks like my bank account should be mostly ok at the expo. I like the front of the lavender dopey hoodie, but I worry they made the back too busy. I’ll be buying pins regardless of what they look like because I’m me.

Your fastest option is taking the bus to Swan and walking (or boat). You could go to BC and take the sky liner, but it is not a direct ride to HS. It goes from the International Gateway at Epcot to Riviera and then you have to get off at CBR and change to the HS line.

1672482431756.jpeg

I don’t think that this will be an issue with this year’s merchandise. For the first time, I think that I’ll be able to get some Marathon Weekend merch at the Disney outlet in a few months.

Possibly dumb question-but are spectators allowed on Main Street during the marathon before MK officially opens?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter