Marathon Weekend 2023

Does anyone know if there is a place in Epcot to get them embroidered? That is where my tickets reservations are for and I do not have a hopper and do not want to go to disney springs.

Can confirm what the PP said - Epcot WILL NOT do embroidery on the ears. I tried to do it with last year's marathon hat and the CM said they are not allowed to do it because their machine there isn't as good as the ones in Magic Kingdom & Springs so they won't take any special ears that they are unable to replace if the machine messes the ears up. I even asked if I could sign something saying that I was willing to take the risk of the ears being messed up and she said she absolutely couldn't take them under any circumstance.

What does everyone embroider on the hats? I want to do it, but can’t think of what to put on there.
IMG_9677.JPG
After completing Dopey in 2018 - I thought I had such an original/unique idea to get this embroidered but a lot of like minds had similar thoughts

Hats sound so great, but I try for the runDisney shoe ornament for each weekend I've run. Unfortunately I thought of this (and did not know about the shoes) until I'd been participating in runDisney events for two years. Would anyone know where I could track down (fingers crossed) those ornaments from past years? Specifically 2015 and 2016.

Hats sound so great, but I try for the runDisney shoe ornament for each weekend I've run. Unfortunately I thought of this (and did not know about the shoes) until I'd been participating in runDisney events for two years. Would anyone know where I could track down (fingers crossed) those ornaments from past years? Specifically 2015 and 2016.
I just won a bid on eBay last night for a 2018 one. There are quite a few available that I’ve seen. It’s interesting that there don’t appear to be any for some years- is it possible that ‘15 and ‘16 weren’t made? I’m looking for Princess 2017 half since that was my first but the only one is currently $98 and that’s a hard pass for me!

Also, does anyone know if there was one for this year’s Marathon weekend? I cannot find one online and I don’t recall even seeing it available at the expo. Disregard- I see they did not offer a shoe ornament but instead sold a 50th Mickey ear runDisney one!

Last edited:

I just won a bid on eBay last night for a 2018 one. There are quite a few available that I’ve seen. It’s interesting that there don’t appear to be any for some years- is it possible that ‘15 and ‘16 weren’t made? I’m looking for Princess 2017 half since that was my first but the only one is currently $98 and that’s a hard pass for me!

Also, does anyone know if there was one for this year’s Marathon weekend? I cannot find one online and I don’t recall even seeing it available at the expo. Disregard- I see they did not offer a shoe ornament but instead sold a 50th Mickey ear runDisney one!
I’m with you, I don’t see any indication that they were making ornaments specific to events until 2017. I do see a generic RD ornament on a reseller website for 2016 but that’s about it.

Just had my first race dream and all I remember is that I was devastated they didn’t give out ears at the marathon finish 😭
Oh no!
I don't remember them handing out ears at the end of my first marathon in 2011, but I was tickled to get them last year, and they sit right next to my desk in the home office. For all the trips I've made to Disney. they are the first and only ears I've ever had.

Looks like great weather for the parks next week and nice temps for waiting around before the race starts. Local forecasts are calling for the front and rain on Thursday but that will be +/- still this far out.

So ready for the weekend. Hope everyone’s travel goes smooth.
Other than the potential for rain on the 5k, it looks like perfect (at least for me) temps next weekend. You guys enjoy the heck out of it.

Did my final long run today as well. 8 miles. I’m a little concerned that both of my knees hurt when I finished as well as my back. I’ve been afraid my shoes are reaching the end of their useful lives (about 320 miles on them) and my attempt to break in some racing shoes over the last week was a disaster. Every time I wore them, even for walking, I had lots of pain in my feet and I developed some weird sharp pain in the back of my upper knee area which all went away when I went back to my normal shoes. Not sure what to do now other than hope my knees hold up with these shoes.

Did my final long run today as well. 8 miles. I’m a little concerned that both of my knees hurt when I finished as well as my back. I’ve been afraid my shoes are reaching the end of their useful lives (about 320 miles on them) and my attempt to break in some racing shoes over the last week was a disaster. Every time I wore them, even for walking, I had lots of pain in my feet and I developed some weird sharp pain in the back of my upper knee area which all went away when I went back to my normal shoes. Not sure what to do now other than hope my knees hold up with these shoes.
If they are making your knees hurt, even with walking, then you might be better off biting the bullet and getting a different pair. If you get a new pair on Monday, you should be able to walk in them enough to get them broken in enough for the weekend. Not ideal, but better than a pair that you *know* is problematic. It's either that or the old pair.

Most modern shoes don‘t need to be broken in. Instead, our body needs to adapt to the shoe. Do you rotate shoes? ‘‘Runners who alternate two different pairs of running shoes have a 39 percent lower risk of running injury than those who almost always ran in the same shoes, according to a study in the Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports.” I would not risk anything new on race day. I’d go with normal worn shoes over new shoes that cause pain.

Happy New Year everyone!

For those of us not already in Orlando, we all leave for Florida this week!
Leaving in the morning!

Not quite the New Year here in Central Time yet, but here’s to a great start to 2023 everyone. Excited for my wife’s first-ever 1/2 and my first Dopey; can’t wait to get to the corral on Thursday!!

Anyone else nervous as hell? I've done so many races but this is my first Disney one and something about it is giving me stress butterflies. I think it's all the logistics surrounding it rather than the race itself. Hoping once I'm at the corral the nerves will just turn to excitement!

FYI, two Minnie Van drivers yesterday told me they are testing pre-race service this year. One driver said he was excited and quickly grabbed a shift when it was offered, the other was like heck no, not at that hour, lol. I don’t know exact times or races/details, if I take another one I’ll ask. Not something I’d want to rely on as a first transportation choice but maybe a backup option for spectators, etc, needing to move around property at that hour.

Not sure if that is new news but it was new to me, so FWIW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter