• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2023

Only thing I want is the Dopey magnet. I have the distance magnet for every rundisney race Ive done.

Fingers crossed there will still be one left in half an hour. If not, I've had luck with returns being in the merchandise tent at the end of the race in the past, but we'll see.
I grabbed one for you just in case. They were re-stocking them.

This is our first RunDisney event...any chance ears are still available come Friday mid-day? Wife is doing the half and we are only coming in the day before.

FYI I have platinum CrD and am in B for the 5k and marathon and D for the 10k (maybe this is bc I registered for that thru GOTR?).

I ended up in corral B for all races. I guess that means my 2:08:02 HM POT got accepted.

Based on these, it looks like the POT corrals for the HM/M cover A and B for Dopey/Goofy//Marathon runners.

So would the following also be in agreement with assignments we've seen so far. Chime in if your situation doesn't agree with the following.

-All POT submissions in A and B.
-Club rD in B
-All who submitted 4:30-5:00 are in C.
-All who submitted 5:00-5:30 are in D.
-All who submitted 5:30-6:00 are in E.
-All who submitted 6:00-6:30 or 6:30-7:00 are in F.

For those with a M, Goofy, Dopey POT submitted < 1:53:45 HM or < 4:00 M, did you end up in A or B?

For those with a M, Goofy, Dopey POT submitted, who is the fastest POT with a Corral B designation?

ETA - Just based on the limited answers so far, I'm thinking:

-<1:53:45 HM or <4:00 M in A.
-1:53:45-2:08:02 HM or 4:00-4:30 M in B.
-Club rD in B

Last edited:
Based on these, it looks like the POT corrals for the HM/M cover A and B for Dopey/Goofy//Marathon runners.

So would the following also be in agreement with assignments we've seen so far. Chime in if your situation doesn't agree with the following.

-Club rD in B

For those with a M, Goofy, Dopey POT submitted < 1:53:45 HM or < 4:00 M, did you end up in A or B?

For those with a M, Goofy, Dopey POT submitted, who is the fastest POT with a Corral B designation?
My POT was 1:48:34 for HM and I am in A.

His information from MW 2022 will be more accurate than my pre-2022 race data. He uses post-race data to determine the time difference between gun time and chip time to determine who was in what corral. Pre-race I used the correlation between what people put on their registration and their assigned bib numbers before we knew what actual assignments were. So mine were estimations and his were based on actual post-race data.
Just wondering how you factor in corral changing? For example, I had A for goofy and ran the half from there but dropped into B to be with some friends for marathon day. Not a huge amount of people are doing that but I can verify that I was not the only one.

-Club rD in B

Corrals A for Goofy - 300XX off a 1:44 half at WDWMW last year.

Was in A last year and ran the half from there but jumped into B or C on marathon morning to spend the day with some friends.

-Club rD in B

My 3:58 full POT put me in ‘A’ for the half/full this year!! Crazy. I will not be starting at the front of the corral. 5k/10k is ‘B’ - I think 8-10 pace estimate.

Just wondering how you factor in corral changing? For example, I had A for goofy and ran the half from there but dropped into B to be with some friends for marathon day. Not a huge amount of people are doing that but I can verify that I was not the only one.

I didn't do the post-race corral bib numbers breakdown. But if I did do it, instead of looking for the highest bib numbers that ended up in B, C, or D (someone who dropped back) based on the time difference in gun time and clock time (because you can see the waves of runners and a break in the wave based on time differential) rather I'd look for a break of numbers that suddenly all started ending up in B.

For a hypothetical example, bibs 1-1000 were all in A, 1001 was in B, 1002-1100 was in A, and 1101-2000 was in B. I would say the cutoff for Corral A was 1099, not 1000. That's despite there being a random number that appears to have dropped back.

Got hit by the same issues as a few others this morning, had to confirm party twice so I got screwed on return time. Got in around 2:30 and most of the medal replica pins are gone which sucks. Still seemed well stocked on magnets. Didn't see any race specific hats, I'm assuming those went fast. Really bummed about the pins, it'll be the first time since 2014 I wasn't able to snag a replica pin for every race I'm doing 👎🏻

Got hit by the same issues as a few others this morning, had to confirm party twice so I got screwed on return time. Got in around 2:30 and most of the medal replica pins are gone which sucks. Still seemed well stocked on magnets. Didn't see any race specific hats, I'm assuming those went fast. Really bummed about the pins, it'll be the first time since 2014 I wasn't able to snag a replica pin for every race I'm doing 👎🏻
Only race specific hats I saw was a Dopey one.

Sitting at the airport waiting for my flight (delayed two hours and counting). Can’t wait to get to the Poly!!

Today has been full of first-world problems:

• one of our group of 7 was bumped from 1st Class (booked with points. my mom volunteered to take the downgrade so I could help take care of the three kids)

• we got to the airport too late to get to the Capital One lounge (since rectified, thanks to the delay)

• I missed Wordle for the first time… ever? I didn’t make any errors per se, just got stuck in a trap

I’m getting all of my bad luck out of the way up front. And recognizing how truly blessed I am to be able to take this trip at all. 😂
Glad you are getting it all out of the way now.
As I sit here stuck on my wordl for the day....

Well this kids is why you do the smart thing like fly the day before like everyone else here and not risk flight delays the day before a race like me.

The chances of me arriving in time to get my bib by 8pm are starting to get uncomfortably low and the line of storms blocking flights to FL just isn’t budging.

I’ve seen the posts and answers about race day pick ups so it seems possible in an emergency so I’m hoping that works, but anyone have any advice or other recommendations? 😳

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter