Marathon Weekend 2023

So... now that we're late in the day, how stocked are magnets (race weekend and half), and that cute black generic runD hat? Any shot those will be there on Friday morning? (Ugh, huge FOMO - wish I was flying out tonight instead of tomorrow!)

OMG what a mess at the expo today. I have NEVER seen such a crazy poop show.

The bib line was so long. I have never seen it like that. In fact, i have never waited in a line to get my bib! Once inside there was no line at the counter for my number range and only one person in front of me for shirts.

I’ve never had to wait in line for the expo building either. I grabbed a beer before i waited in line. Had a sample of the pink lemonade ale 🤢 Walked out of there with new running shoes and socks. I knew I wanted socks, but the shoes were cute colors 😂

I finally entered the merch room at 1:30 and it was a war zone. Piles and piles and piles of merch all over the floor everywhere. I circled them until I found the one hat I had gone there for. Did mobile checkout then got the heck outta there.

This was the worst expo experience ever and I’ve been going to them at least once a year since 2015.

On a good note…..checked into the Gran Destino Tower and got my room request 👍 The Tower is gorgeous and blew my expectations away.

If we are still tracking bibs I am running Dopey.

- A for 5K/10K with an estimated pace of 8-10
- B with 4:25 marathon POT

Walk up for bibs now - just picked mine up.

Dopey 206xxx bib

B for 5k/10k - Can't remember what I put in for estimate - 9/10 minute/mile?
A for Half/Full with 1:53 half POT

Didn't even go to the Expo

Merch - the Dopey sweatshirt was so small. I could fit in a small but I almost couldn't get my head out! I bought a shirt and that was it. Would have liked a car magnet but didn't see any. So many people everywhere.

I spent way too much on merch. I concur that it was insanity. The items left seemed well stocked around 2:00 but I couldn’t tell jf anything was sold out already. I did have trouble finding large in the shirts I wanted. There were plenty of small, medium, 2x and 3x.

I’m surprised to find myself in c for the half. I think I was d last year and I put the same time prediction, first non-PoT.

Anyone else going to HS after hours tonight?

If you see a Dopey coffee mug, can you grab me one?
I’m sorry. I missed this. But I didn’t see a Dopey mug. Just the race weekend mug and there was a lot left.

The bib and expo portion was easy for me. The merchandise was so chaotic. I was so overwhelmed with the chaos. I didn’t see a race weekend hat, not sure if they even had one. Missed out on the race weekend tin lunchbox which I was bummed about. It was quite an unpleasant experience. When I picture what Black Friday is like….that’s what I picture.

On a good note…..checked into the Gran Destino Tower and got my room request 👍 The Tower is gorgeous and blew my expectations away.
I’m also in the tower! Isn’t it so nice!?

I got corral B for 5k/10k and C for half/full with a 4:30-5:00 estimated finish.

What a mess the merch was. I’m really hoping they restock for the next few days otherwise people are going to be screwed.

Entered at 4:15p and all the black marathon shirts with the pink sleeves were gone. I thought I was lucky enough to find a medium that a girl had just put back but I tried it on and it was super tight.

I ended up settling on a tank but only small and medium sizes were left. Also grabbed a runDisney shirt but those were a mess as the ladies fitted were mixed in with the men’s regular fit.

Happy with the shirts I got but I don’t think it was worth the effort. I would have rather just been chilling in my room.

Question for those who picked up their bibs and shirts. How are the shirts fitting? I am getting concerned hearing about the merchandise being small, are the participant shirts small? Also is the material similar to last year? I did not like the material or cut of 2020 but 2022 was better.

Question for those who picked up their bibs and shirts. How are the shirts fitting? I am getting concerned hearing about the merchandise being small, are the participant shirts small? Also is the material similar to last year? I did not like the material or cut of 2020 but 2022 was better.
I can only comment on the men’s sizing, but the shirts seemed to be of 2022 material and of similar fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter