• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2023

anyone here a spectator expert? We are staying at Gran Destino. Is there enough time to spectate here and then make it to the finish? If I’m in pace it’ll be about 1:08ish from coronado to crossing the finish. My guess is no. And in that case, I’m just going to send my husband to the finish line as the only spectating spot. Does he ride the Epcot bus or a race bus? He wouldn’t leave our hotel until later. Maybe 9am or so.

Possible, maybe, you'd have to get good timing on him seeing you and then hitting a bus on time. How much is it worth it to you that he sees you at GD and then doesn't see you at the finish? I'd prioritize whichever is more important. If he can see you at GD and miss you at finish, and you're good with that, then do that. If you really want him to see you at the finish, then don't do GD and just go to the finish. He should use the race bus transportation.

May be out of date info but when I worked photopass back in 2016 it was literally a massive office where a few dozen of us would sign up for shifts, get sodas and occasionally pizza, and sit at a desk where an auto queue system would feed us photos, we would manually type in bib numbers as tags, and submit. We'd have boards that we would put difficult to see costume bib numbers up on (and occasionally just favorite costumes), and often you'd get so many photos from a sequence that even if you couldn't see a bib in one photo you could usually sit it in a previous/next image.

I know it's wild but all the photos are tagged by hand :) We were told to tag EVERYONE possible which is why you might get so many photos where you are strangely in the background. Not computers just following an algorithm, photographers genuinely trying to give you every possible moment you were captured on course. The shifts were actually a blast if you signed up with friends.
Not out of date info (I am former photopass, but more recent, I was a CM until last year). That’s how it’s still done. They are all tagged manually. Those are fun shifts to pick up :)

I'm at WDW this weekend for fun/spectating. I was out for a run this morning and was going along the parking lot side of Yacht & Beach Clubs. A white car zoomed thru the lot right behind Beach Club Villas and stopped at the end near the buildings. A woman got out and asked a guy standing on the sidewalk if he was waiting for a shuttle. He must have said yes as she then she replied that the shuttles stopped at 4:30, the spectator buses don't start until 7:30, the roads are closed and there is no way to get him to the start. I then noticed he was wearing a bib. The time was 5:55. :oops:

Good morning everyone! Slept in a little today, but I still want to wish runners their very best run today!

I also have another question (which might have already been asked and answered) but was so excited to run thru Castle my first time ever yesterday to the point I stopped for a picture (I never stop). Of course that is the picture I haven't seen on my photo pass pics. Do I dare say yet??? If so I'll patiently wait but when and who should I contact for help?

Good morning everyone! Slept in a little today, but I still want to wish runners their very best run today!

I also have another question (which might have already been asked and answered) but was so excited to run thru Castle my first time ever yesterday to the point I stopped for a picture (I never stop). Of course that is the picture I haven't seen on my photo pass pics. Do I dare say yet??? If so I'll patiently wait but when and who should I contact for help?
I’d say wait. Sounds like they still do this manually and assuming this is the case, it’ll take some time for them to tag everyone.

Had an awesome run today! I started talking to Coach Billy, @DopeyBadger this summer about goals and plans for Dopey. When it came time for him to build my training plan I told him my one goal was to finally break 4 hours in the marathon. Not only did his plan help me get there, but I absolutely crushed the time with an unofficial time of 3:50:45 on the tracking site, and destroyed my old PR of 4:28!! Huge thanks to Billy for the awesome training plan and to those at the meet up these last few days that seemed to be way more confident in my ability to achieve this than I was!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter