Marathon Weekend 2023

I ended up deciding to make an in the moment decision about whether to “run” the marathon and try to break 4 hours or to take it easy and maybe ride Everest. I started out on pace to beat 4 but then ended up stopping for a few characters with short lines. It wasn’t much time lost but doing the math in my head I realized I’d have very little room for error. So when I hit Everest I just jumped on. My pace fell off a cliff after that but I have zero regrets—it was so much fun! I ended up finishing at 4:15–15 minutes faster than last year’s Dopey time. I felt way worse during and after this 4:15 marathon than I did for my super hilly hard 4:01 marathon. I guess I can chalk that up to all the park walking. I put in 26 miles the day before between the half and the parks. 😬 I had decided this would be my last MW for a couple of years but it’s going to be hard not to get sucked in on registration day!

I ended up deciding to make an in the moment decision about whether to “run” the marathon and try to break 4 hours or to take it easy and maybe ride Everest. I started out on pace to beat 4 but then ended up stopping for a few characters with short lines. It wasn’t much time lost but doing the math in my head I realized I’d have very little room for error. So when I hit Everest I just jumped on. My pace fell off a cliff after that but I have zero regrets—it was so much fun! I ended up finishing at 4:15–15 minutes faster than last year’s Dopey time. I felt way worse during and after this 4:15 marathon than I did for my super hilly hard 4:01 marathon. I guess I can chalk that up to all the park walking. I put in 26 miles the day before between the half and the parks. 😬 I had decided this would be my last MW for a couple of years but it’s going to be hard not to get sucked in on registration day!
Amen to that last statement

Currently at MK for Medal Monday pics (as is everyone else apparently!). For some reason, the PhotoPass spot in the hub garden on the Plaza restaurant side has a HUGE line of runners. Not the Super Zoom photo that's also near there, but just the regular PhotoPass. Is there something special about this spot compared to Main St or the Partners statue?
I don’t know but we’re on the bus on our way there as well!!

Currently at MK for Medal Monday pics (as is everyone else apparently!). For some reason, the PhotoPass spot in the hub garden on the Plaza restaurant side has a HUGE line of runners. Not the Super Zoom photo that's also near there, but just the regular PhotoPass. Is there something special about this spot compared to Main St or the Partners statue?

I got pics in both spots yesterday, nothing special to my knowledge. I thought maybe the garden spot would have less people in the immediate background (it didn’t). The large light pole right behind there is VERY prominent in the photo and I don’t really like it. Glad I also did a Main Street pic.

What a great Dopey time! One weird question because it’s easier to hide here than Facebook and internet has nothing on this. Why did my belly fat grow like triple by the end of the race? Its back to normal now. Over drinking?
I don't know but I feel that way too!

Are folks hanging medals in that spot? I did that myself sans photopass this AM on the Casey side. Prefer the portrait mode over regular, I think

55E24308-AEA3-49BA-A808-D9C7F079F343.jpegA9B17A52-A4FA-4B31-B173-B77AD562EE1D.jpeg

When I needed to head out a half hour ago the group was just heading into Japan, so try there or Morocco.

The PP girl that was there this morning was doing a GREAT job with her pics. Multiple poses, helping arrange your medals and make sure that the spinner on dopey was up in the right position, etc.

Thanks to everyone that participated in this thread! I started lurking weeks ago as the race got closer and needed more of a "fix". Very happy I completed my first marathon this Sunday!

My wife and I have had a curious question. Does anyone know how many people DNF each year? The results show number of finishers but don't list a number of how many people crossed the start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter