Marathon Weekend 2024

But back here in reality, I’d be pretty stoked just to get a Moderate for less than $150/night again. sigh.

Oh for the days when my bogies were <$100/night for Value, <$150/night for Moderates, <$200/night for Deluxe. And now, let's move into the 21st century.

I am not there for MW, but if I was, it would either be at Pop for cash or perhaps as a splurge, a DVC rental (still love that I got a Value at AKL for less $$ than Pop). I would like to try a stay at Poly, as I've never stayed at a monorail resort.

I learened about DVC rentals not longer after I learned about MW, so I've been hopping around the DVC resorts: BLT, GF, BRV, now AKV for this upcoming trip.

I also saw that flying in the end of the day Tuesday was cheaper then getting the first flight out Wednesday, so I decided to do that, and just find some place to crash that night, and wake up on Expo Day already in Orlando, and ready to go!

We will be staying at the poly CL for MW! It'll be a christmas/early graduation present surprise for my sister. Poly has been on her list for YEARS so I thought it was only right. We only ever stay at YC/BC and haven't stayed on the MK area (WL) since our first trip in 2005, so super excited! I am hoping to be able to secure a good discount after my august trip with the newly announced bounceback offers!

SAFD: We'll be staying at Old Key West again, which has been our usual spot. That's our home DVC resort and since it's hard to book any other DVC property at 7 months, that's where we've been.

As for a dream resort, I'd love to stay at Wilderness Lodge at least once. I love the theming, but have yet to be able to book a DVC room there! One of these days . . .

SAFD: I'm staying at the Coronado Tower for the first time. There's really nowhere I've never stayed before where I'd like to stay though - formerly had DVC and was lucky to stay just about everywhere I ever wanted. If money weren't an object, I'd stay at Boardwalk or Jambo House, though.
I’m staying there for Princess for the first time. I stayed at Coronado in 2019 when they were building the tower and I’m excited to see inside!

SAFD : Also Coronado tower for MW. We like the variety of food options. Three Bridges FTW.

If money was no issue, I'd stay at Yacht Club to be closer to Epcot and make it easier for my family to spectate the races.

Someone said that the Epcot isn't the best place to be for race weekends, because the bus route from them to the start line is a bit convoluted. I think it's because buses generally don't go from BC/YC/BWI to the front of Epcot, and a lot of that is also right around the courses.

We will be doing one night in Celebration at the Celebration Hotel then staying at the Swan on points. It is getting really hard to justify staying at any Disney hotel for the prices when we also lose our Marriott points. We will be doing 2 nights as part of an 8 day trip at the Poly in 2024 but the one Disney resort I do really want to stay at is WL over Christmas.

SAFD:
Originally I was planning Wednesday to Wednesday and I had booked SSR. It’s my home resort, and I really like it for MW - it just feels relaxing to me.
But then, I decided I should go ahead and go over New Year’s/Eve, since it wouldn’t be any extra vacation time, but this was after the 7 month mark (DVC issues - and it’s a very popular night…) So I wasn’t sure where I was going to stay that night. Then last week I was checking again, and a night popped up for Boulder Ridge - and actually it was two nights (31-2)! So my plan is a couple nights at BRV and then switching to SSR before the actual race weekend.
I have wanted to try out BRV. I really enjoyed Copper Creek the one time I was able to stay there early 2021 (pandemic availability).
I’m not sure where else I would like to stay. I’m pretty happy with my choices.

Last edited:
SAFD: Booked a studio room with a Savannah view at AKL Jambo - this has been our home resort since we bought DVC in 2008 and we still love it!
I am waitlisted for a studio at Poly - I have stayed there before, and it's just so convenient for race weekends, but I don't have my hopes up.
We are fortunate as DVC members that we have stayed most everywhere - I have never done GF or Riviera though, because those resorts are more points per night than the others and I just can't justify it.
My dream place to stay on property (if I ever win the DVC point lottery!) - either a Poly bungalow or a WL Cabin

SAFD: We are staying at the Yacht Club for MW. We love the proximity to both EPCOT and HS, as well as all the food offerings around the Boardwalk. Plus, it will be easy for my parents to spectate while I run the 10K if routes do not change too much! If anyone else knows other good spectating spots for any of the races, I am all ears!

I have always dreamed of staying at Poly, specifically the bungalows. Those rooms look so cool!

SAFD: We have a 1 bedroom booked at BLT for MW. It's where we stayed this year, and it was so convenient, both to get to/from the half and full, and also for visiting MK. I'd love to stay at the Poly, but since we have our kids with us, I find the 1 bedroom a must so I don't end up waking them up. For not MW, we'll likely stay at the BW.

Someone said that the Epcot isn't the best place to be for race weekends, because the bus route from them to the start line is a bit convoluted. I think it's because buses generally don't go from BC/YC/BWI to the front of Epcot, and a lot of that is also right around the courses.
I wanna be near Epcot for GotG, not for the races 😉 I'd do that ride over and over until I'm sick and still be the happiest gal in the world.

Where are you staying for Marathon Weekend and where would you like to stay that you have never stayed before?
I am not sure yet...

I was hoping to get a TA rate for myself but those have not been released yet. I was able to get one by this time last year so I am not sure the hold up. Otherwise I may just book Pop or something soon to hold it for now.

I have stayed anywhere and everywhere for Marathon Weekend. However I have not stayed at Grand Flo or Poly. I wouldn't mind staying at either. Preferably I like the EPCOT resort area.

SAFD: currently booked at Pop but will likely switch to the Swan/Dolphin when/ if rates drop a bit. Since I’m going solo and then heading to California right after I’m trying to keep the room costs low.

where do I want to stay? Never stayed at Poly but that will hopefully be where we stay the next time we do a family MW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter