Marathon Weekend 2024

All we need to do is find someone who only wants the "I DID IT!" pins and we could split the cost.....assuming I managed to get registered.
I'm planning to renew CrD, so assuming everything works out and I can go to the expo when it opens, I should be able to get my pins. I would also be happy to pick up the pins for you!

Money is the reason. The projectors are in use nightly already. It costs Disney to install and operate the lights on top of that.
My point is that for several years they used projectors during the nighttime show AND had the dream lights. So it's not impossible to bring them back. Whether or not they'll choose to do so is another story.

Hello, I was hoping someone could explain some questions I have about the queue system:

1) Can you only hold 1 queue spot per browser per device? I seem to recall trying to open a second tab in a browser and it showing the identical time remaining.

2) How does sharing unused queue IDs work? Does the user that originally obtained the queue number need to close their browser for the new user to use the queue ID? Related to item 1 above, if you are already in a queue in a browser and try to open a hand-me-down queue ID in that same browser, does it replace your original spot, or can you have 2 spots open in 1 browser?

3) Do you have to wait for the "Register Now" button to become active on the registration page to enter the queue? I just battled with the DVC moonlight magic registration and for that queue you were able to join the registration page early and were automatically placed in the queue when the clock ticked 11:00:00.

Thanks for the help.

1) Can you only hold 1 queue spot per browser per device? I seem to recall trying to open a second tab in a browser and it showing the identical time remaining.
If you open a bunch of incognito tabs it counts as separate devices

I never got the queue ID's to work so I'll let someone else answer that

3) Do you have to wait for the "Register Now" button to become active on the registration page to enter the queue? I just battled with the DVC moonlight magic registration and for that queue you were able to join the registration page early and were automatically placed in the queue when the clock ticked 11:00:00.
Honestly it usually doesn't even open at the time it says it will, I'm pretty sure they activate the queue manually with a punch card in between smoke breaks if they remember

Hello, I was hoping someone could explain some questions I have about the queue system:

You can open additional windows in a browser with incognito mode….
2) How does sharing unused queue IDs work? Does the user that originally obtained the queue number need to close their browser for the new user to use the queue ID? Related to item 1 above, if you are already in a queue in a browser and try to open a hand-me-down queue ID in that same browser, does it replace your original spot, or can you have 2 spots open in 1 browser?
I purposely didn’t join anything on my phone to pick up ids here if needed…. The first few once it ticked to 0 said the link was invalid it wasn’t till I was DMed that it worked

Thanks for the help.
Yes… also I’ve personally would stagger hitting register now with some devices right when it pops up and others right at opening time….
Allegedly the algorithm will give you a random spot early but place you at the end of the line if you hit right on time …

Whoever clicks through first when the link says "it's your turn/enter the site" is what matters. Closing a browser won't really do anything (and doesn't matter)--I say this based on one data point (mine) when I registered for DL. The situation was: I had my own queues open and someone posted a link to a shorter one. I went to use that and I closed out my own queue windows (stupid--do NOT do this). But when the time came (i.e. timer went to 0 and site gave the ready message), I tried to use the link but it was invalid (likely someone also tried to use it and clicked before me). So I panicked, because now I had no open links. But I went in to my browser history and pulled up the one of my own that I had closed out. I was able to get into it again, just as though I had never closed it.

The best way to share links is by DM. This makes sure that only one person is trying to use it and avoids any issues. So newbies to the boards should make sure they have enough posts to allow for direct messages (still 10, I believe). Barring that, if you do try to use a posted link, keep all your original links open, just in case.

SAFD: I really thought I was going to skip this year but am now having some major FOMO. I think I decided I will be going either solo or with my oldest son. Now to decide if it is Goofy or Dopey. This will be my sixth MW, I have done Dopey 3 times.

Love that they have pre-order merchandise as if I do Dopey I will fly down Wednesday morning. I tried to get the queue right when it opened but didn't have a return time until after 3pm and what I wanted was gone (mostly the Dopey magnet and pin).

Lastly, in 2020 someone arranged a group rate for Pop. Anyone know how to do that? I have stayed at pop for two MWs and love it (I have always drove to the start btw). I am trying to do this trip on a budget (using Southwest points for the flight).

Nothing like reconsidering your registration goals 2 days before!

DH mentioned something yesterday that I've been gnawing on for almost 24 hours now. This past MW I had a pretty terrible Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning in that I essentially had an emotional meltdown. And basically, DH doesn't want to "deal with" (for lack of a better phrase...he didn't say this in a mean way) me going through that again. And that if I don't think I can keep it together, I should sign up for something other than Dopey. This is a fair point because I definitely sucked all of the fun out of the room on Saturday.

Now, I was pretty exhausted last year because we did MASSIVE park days on Tuesday and Thursday, saw the Cirq show on Wednesday, AND changed resorts 2x (stayed at 3 different resorts.) And this year we are planning on doing only 1 or no park days (maybe a waterpark if DH is getting antsy.) So I feel like I could head a lot of that off. Anyone who was at the meetup on Sunday morning saw what a hot mess I was. I'm very good at rationalizing and saying 'I was just really tired on top of first-time-Dopey nerves.' IDK.

The alternative to Dopey for me is Goofy. BUT, assuming I can get him signed up for the 5/10/half, I would definitely want to run the 5 and 10 with him (because those are just more fun with someone.)

Also, how do I #Dopeyfor40 (40forDopey?) if I don't Dopey?

Last edited:
SAFD:
Good Morning runDIsney All-Stars! We are just days away from registration, don’t know about you, but I am getting really excited! Marathon Weekend is synonymous with the New Year for me now and one of my favorites times of year. And there are so many memories that make Marathon Weeeknd special to me. So given that, share a favorite marathon weekend memory of yours.

My Answer: Running the 5k in 2017 with my (then 9 year old) daughter. It was her first runDisney event and she was so excited. I remember buying her a 5K hat that she refused to even try on until after the race and then wore it for the rest of the trip! Since then we have run the 5K and/or the Half Marathon together at MW every year. Even the Covid year we did the virtual race. AS she gets older it is something that is special for the two of us and I cherish it - even though I have to ask her to run slower now!

SAFD:
My first runDisney. Half marathon during Marathon Weekend 2015. I hadn’t been to Disney in a few years. We did not make it into the parks before the race. So I’m running, we make it to MK. Run to the tree. Turn the corner. CASTLE! Dreamsicle lights. It was just a magical feeling knowing I was running there, and it is what got me hooked on runDisney.

SAFD: Sorry - it’s a tie and I really cannot pick between the two!

1. Marathon #1: I did the 10K and full that year, my first marathon. I felt absolutely certain that I could finish, but wasn't at all sure that I’d want to finish. The weather wound up being perfection for me, and though my brain was 100% over the overstimulation of it all by mile 25, my body felt so good, I told a friend there that I had no doubt I could do Dopey. And the next year, I did.

2. Dopey #2: The time I PR’d my marathon by 20+ minutes doing Dopey, having broken a toe only 6 weeks prior - TOTALLY unexpected event!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter