• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2024

Simplifying the Disney Genie+ experience: We have heard from guests that they would like ways to plan with Disney Genie+ service and individual Lightning Lane selections before the day of their park visit, and we want you to know we are working on ways guests may do this for visits in 2024. Our goal is to give you the opportunity to spend less time planning in the park and more time enjoying your visit with friends and family. While we are not yet able to share specific details, we look forward to sharing more information at a later date.

This is funny. They already had this in FastPass+.
Yes, but with FP+ they were only peak demand pricing on tickets. With Genie+ they can peak demand price on tickets, Genie+, and Individual Lightning Lanes.:scratchin

Yes, but with FP+ they were only peak demand pricing on tickets. With Genie+ they can peak demand price on tickets, Genie+, and Individual Lightning Lanes.:scratchin
This is an interesting point. Unless they are just going to show their cards so to speak regarding which days will have peak pricing for Genie+ and ILLs way ahead of time, I'm not sure how this will work. Honestly part of me hopes that the current Genie+ system is in place for MW. I'm so adapted and well-versed in it now that I don't want it to change. If nothing else, I hope they keep the ability to modify LLs and plan things the day of without all of the "inventory" being gone to pre-purchasers.

This is an interesting point. Unless they are just going to show their cards so to speak regarding which days will have peak pricing for Genie+ and ILLs way ahead of time, I'm not sure how this will work. Honestly part of me hopes that the current Genie+ system is in place for MW. I'm so adapted and well-versed in it now that I don't want it to change. If nothing else, I hope they keep the ability to modify LLs and plan things the day of without all of the "inventory" being gone to pre-purchasers.
I really disliked the amount of time I felt forced to be on my phone with Genie+; so I am glad they are acknowledging it is an issue and are going to try and find a solution.

I have been heavily steering toward separate ticket events (Parties, After Hours) since Genie+ was introduced. Tickets have been cheaper (even before factoring additional Genie+ and ILL cost) and I’ve been able to get more done in an environment where there isn’t a priority line.

I have been heavily steering toward separate ticket events (Parties, After Hours) since Genie+ was introduced. Tickets have been cheaper (even before factoring additional Genie+ and ILL cost) and I’ve been able to get more done in an environment where there isn’t a priority line.
This was a major factor in us deciding to do MNSSHP this fall over a full "normal" park day. The ticket prices were the same, but once we added in G+ for everyone, and possibly $LL, it was going to be almost another park ticket cheaper.

We may look into and AH night for MW as well, if there's one early enough in the trip to make sense (because I'm not interested in repeating the this past weekend's "let's have two 30k+ step days before we even make it to 10k day" experience.)

This was a major factor in us deciding to do MNSSHP this fall over a full "normal" park day. The ticket prices were the same, but once we added in G+ for everyone, and possibly $LL, it was going to be almost another park ticket cheaper.

We may look into and AH night for MW as well, if there's one early enough in the trip to make sense (because I'm not interested in repeating the this past weekend's "let's have two 30k+ step days before we even make it to 10k day" experience.)
I have a trip planned later this year for MNSSHP and added an Epcot After Hours party as well. My niece and nephew wanted to do HS on the other day we are visiting and after I purchase Genie+ and ILL for Rise that ticket will almost be more expensive than the other two combined (unless those extras are peak, in which case it just flat out will be more expensive).

ETA: Don’t mean to complain too much. I feel very privileged to be able to make the trips we do to Disney and we keep making them because we have a great time. When there’s so much to enjoy the little bothersome things tend to stand out.

SAFD:

I’m looking to PR all 4 Dopey races (and, in turn, Dopey and Goofy distances)

It will be most difficult to PR the 5k and Half, which are 24:27 and 2:08. My 10K and Marathon PR are even more modest, at 1:08 and 5:17. My goals are:

Marathon- 4:30
Half- 2:00
10k-1:00
5k-24:00

If I can get to the pace to beat my 5k it will be about moderating the 10k, since I’ve got some leeway, and working hard again during the half. I really want to turn the Marathon into a victory lap, even if it is an exhausting one.

This is what I’m working hard to achieve but as long as I cross 4 finish lines this January I’m going to be ecstatic.

SAFD: Since this is my first Dopey, my main goal is just to finish all 4 races without injury. I'm running the DL half the following weekend for C2C, but I'm planning to walk most of that and just enjoy the end to a grueling race season. My lesser important goals are:

1. To eat at a new place in each park (and some resorts possibly)
2. Ride Everest during the full (still kicking myself for not just doing it this year)
3. Finish the full with some sort of drink in hand (beer or margarita)

SAFD: first time doing MW without a marathon involved and it feels so freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! No goals. None. Show up, do whatever, let it be whatever it’s going to be!
Is it wrong to admit I have a bit of jealousy? 😆

SAFD: Much like last year...
1. Show up healthy, lighter, stronger than last year.
2. Participate in HH and maybe DATW if I'm still in town.
3. Everest and ToT! Although usually by ToT I'm ready to be done.
Bonus:
4. Survive enough to have energy left for Dumbo.

SAFD:
- Same goals as always for MW:
1) train enough so I can enjoy the races and be in good enough shape to hobble around the parks afterwards!
2) Arrive to MW healthy and injury-free! (and hopefully go home that way too!)
3) Meet some of you wonderful people (this one is always hard because my running buddy that comes w/ me to WDW is not on the Dis boards so I feel bad leaving him to meet other people)

SAFD:
- Same goals as always for MW:
1) train enough so I can enjoy the races and be in good enough shape to hobble around the parks afterwards!
2) Arrive to MW healthy and injury-free! (and hopefully go home that way too!)
3) Meet some of you wonderful people (this one is always hard because my running buddy that comes w/ me to WDW is not on the Dis boards so I feel bad leaving him to meet other people)
Easy solution: Introduce him to the DIS boards now and he'll be one of us and ready to join the meet-ups by the time MW rolls around! Only downside is that you won't be able to complain about him to us. :)

SAFD:

Good Morning runDIsney All-Stars!! It is time for a MW thread tradition. It is time to share your goals for Marathon Weekend. Goals can be focused on the races - times, PR’s, # of pictures you plan to get, costumes, fun, etc. or the parks - rides, snacks, rope dropping/closing down the parks, etc. Bottom line, what are you wanting to get out of your time at DW During MW? We will revisit these goals in December.

My goals:
- Ride GOTG at least 5 times! (Hoping to get my last 2 songs)
- Get an ADR for Beaches and Cream, which I have managed to fail at for the last three trips…
- PR the Marathon

DD’s goals:
- Creative costume for the 10k.
- Make her dad wear a matching costume for the 10k.
- Have fun.

Have a good week everyone!
My goal: get into one of the longer races since I missed registration ( and without paying a fortune).
OTOH, I may need to miss it anyway if the DW gets knee surgery.

Good Morning runDisney All-Stars! Before we get to today’s question I just wanted to encourage anyone who did not share goals last week, but would still like to to just add them to today‘s SAFD.

For today’s today’s question: Have you been on Guardians of the Galaxy? What is your favorite song? What are you still waiting to get?

My Answer: I have ridden GOTG 6 times over two trips and outside a little motion sickness one time I absolutely love this ride! Earth, Wind & Fire’s September is my favorite and Tears for Fears’ Everyone wants to Rule the World is a close second. When I first heard that was one of the songs I did not think it would work. It ended up being the song I heard the first time I rode and I really liked! To get all six songs I still need Disco Inferno and I Ran. Going to DW in July and we are planning two days in Epcot hoping to get those last two.

Happy Mother’s Day and have a good week everyone!

SAFD: I love Cosmic Rewind! I’ve gotten all the songs over my last 3 runDisney trips. My first song was September, and then I got Disco Inferno 3 times in a row, which is not my favorite. Then I got Conga, which is pretty fun, but not necessarily the best fit for the ride, IMO. I finally got I Ran, and I loved that one, and Everybody Wants to Rule the World was good too. One Way or Another is also great.

Oh god I will always take the opportunity to talk about my new favorite ride in the parks. Five times over Springtime Surprise, somehow got I Ran three of them, along with September (my favorite) and Everybody Wants to Rule the World. Of the three I haven’t heard yet I’d put Disco Inferno first, then Conga, then One Way.

SAFD
I’ve got one way of another during AP preview and than conga or September on all my other rides

Unpopular opinion but of the three conga has been my favorite so far

I still need to experience I ran, everybody wants to rule the world and disco inferno before I can make a definitive rank

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter