Marathon Weekend 2024

Did my last long run today. 20 miles and I generally felt good which is relief because this has been a difficult year running for me. No injuries, just things haven't clicked. I was 30 minutes slower at Berlin in September than my marathon in January part of Dopey. I have no time expectations for three weeks other than having fun and finishing.

Can't wait for the maps. I love obsessing over them. Among the many things I thought about on my 3 hour run was the half. Although I do l love running through the castle, I get to do that as part of the full. I would love it if it went through the other three parks instead of MK but I assume others would riot. It seems that if you want to run through the castle do Princess Weekend or do the full for MW. May be an unpopular opinion.

This is the area where my plantar fascia gets inflamed. Here are a few tips I've found that helped me during Dopey last year-
  • 30 calf raises daily on each calf. Strengthening and stretching those muscles ease the tension in my arch- I continue to try and do these on a regular basis.
  • roll your foot each night on a frozen water bottle
  • use KT tape on every run no matter what the distance. I'd also tape if I was going to be walking a lot at work. This seemed to help tremendously!
  • Change your shoe inserts to use Dr. Scholls athletic/run/arch support. They have several types and I continue to use them even though my plantar fasciitis isn't currently acting up.
  • Alternate between Advil and Tylenol before and/or after your long runs to help with the inflammation
Just a few ideas I thought to share! Hope it heals quickly for you!

I wanted to circle back and say THANK YOU for taking the time to write out all of this, I really appreciate it. I ran for the first time with KT tape this morning (had never used it before), not sure if it’s placebo or legit but it was the first run I’ve had lately where my foot wasn’t screaming after a few miles. Thank you again.

I ran for the first time with KT tape this morning (had never used it before), not sure if it’s placebo or legit but it was the first run I’ve had lately where my foot wasn’t screaming after a few miles.
An orthopedic surgeon at the health club came over to me a little while back t talk with me about my use of kinesiology tape. I remarked that I did not know if the pain relief was real or perceived. He told me it did not make any difference it achieved the goal of pain relief.

SAFD:

Good Morning runDisney All-Stars!! It is time for Sundays Are For Disney. This week’s question: If you could add an attraction to one of the countries in Epcot what would it be?

My answer: Got start with this, I am writing this at the kitchen table, with a delicious glass of chocolate milk having just wrapped up the end of my Dopey Simulation - I am excited! I hope many of you are also wrapping up the business end of the training period and hopefully strolling into the taper! Now to my answer. One of my very favorite rides at Disneyland is the dark ride Alice and Wonderland. I could see that as such a great addition to the England area. It is certainly old tech, but such a classic and fun ride.

SAFD:

Good Morning runDisney All-Stars!! It is time for Sundays Are For Disney. This week’s question: If you could add an attraction to one of the countries in Epcot what would it be?

My answer: Got start with this, I am writing this at the kitchen table, with a delicious glass of chocolate milk having just wrapped up the end of my Dopey Simulation - I am excited! I hope many of you are also wrapping up the business end of the training period and hopefully strolling into the taper! Now to my answer. One of my very favorite rides at Disneyland is the dark ride Alice and Wonderland. I could see that as such a great addition to the England area. It is certainly old tech, but such a classic and fun ride.
That is my favorite ride of all time at Disneyland!

SAFD: I’m not sure about EPCOT, but since Pixar has a big presence at Studios, I feel like adding the Monsters Inc ride from DCA would be a good addition. It’s so cute and Studios needs a high capacity, not quite an E-ticket attraction, especially since RotR is down more often than not.

I don't know what Epcot really needs new, but for the love of your deity, please do something with Imagination with Figment. The current iteration is dated beyond belief.

They're spending so much time on Figment popcorn buckets and a Figment M&G. The ride needs a refresh badly. Even Eric Idle admits he doesn't remember the footage used of him in the attraction.

Edit: 2 letters.

Last edited:
I don't know what Epcot really needs new, but for the love of your diety, please do something with Imagination with Figment. The current iteration is dated beyond belief.

They're spending so much time on Figment popcorn buckets and a Figment M&G. The ride needs a refresh badly. Even Eric Idle admits he doesn't remember the footage used of him in the attraction.
Idk, Figment popcorn buckets sound diet-y based to me.

I'll see myself out now...

Last edited:
SAFD: Not to step into an Epcot ‘discussion’, but I have to go with the non-IP original options like the never built Rhine River Cruise in Germany or the above-mentioned Mt. Fuji ride in Japan.
SAFD I was going to say take the Rhine building bones to make disneysea tangled ride lite

Would also accept adding Sindbads storybook voyage to morocco because chandu

Definitely the Mt. Fuji coaster.

I agree with needing to refresh Imagination pavilion. I have such fond memories of Honey I Shrunk the Audience; they really need a new ORIGINAL show for that theatre. Personally, I think they should move MuppetVision from Studios to the Imagination Pavilion, that way they have space for the inevitable Galaxy’s Edge expansion. 😝

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter