Marathon Weekend 2024

I know the weather forecasts aren't 100% accurate and can change easily, but does anyone have any recommendations for apps/websites that tend to be more accurate for the Disney area? Trying to start packing and see if I need to think of some plan b's for costume!

I know the weather forecasts aren't 100% accurate and can change easily, but does anyone have any recommendations for apps/websites that tend to be more accurate for the Disney area? Trying to start packing and see if I need to think of some plan b's for costume!
I use wunderground. But I’m also packing everything, from running clothes for winter in Canada, to summer running clothes. I would figure out a plan B for your costume just in case.

It’s currently showing that the coldest morning will be Friday. I own no winter running clothes. Praying I’ll be ok with my long sleeve shirt and shorts. 😝

Our travel was anything but uneventful. Air Canada flight was delayed by 4 hours and it took over an hour to get an Uber at MCO.

We managed to check-in at Coronado and zoom to Grand Flo just in time for the 6:30 fireworks.

Now we're here and I can finally relax for two days before the Expo!!
There’s new rules in place for rideshare at MCO and it’s been a mess. There’s barely any cell signal where they are supposed to park and wait for customers. Its been super busy and crowded everywhere even out my way (45 minutes east of the parks).

I use three apps and they are all different. I tend to follow Mike’s Weather Page on FB. He’s on a cruise so discussion is pretty quiet right now, but this is what he has mid week.

1704074855442.jpeg
He was one of the only ones to predict how bad Hurricane Ian was going to be in 2022.

I am trying to finish packing as I leave tomorrow morning. I have having a hard time making everything fit, even though I plan to do laundry. I think my problem is shoes. I need two running shoes, two tennis shoes (I can't stand wearing running shoes to the parks) since I refuse to wear the same shoe to the parks for 14 days in a row, one pair of sandals in case there are warm days, and one pair of recovery sandals. I'm sure some of you are heading down with two shoes total and this is why I am an overpacker :laughing:

Working remotely for a few days isn't helping as I need my work laptop, headset, mouse, and external monitor since I do a lot of presenting and can't really do it with one screen. I'm thinking my throwaway gear may not make the cut and it will be mylar blankets/ponchos only. I'm not even bringing sunscreen, I'll buy it there if I need it. I sure am impressed by anyone who can pack into just a carry on! If I could do laundry in my room this would all be so much easier. I'm packing way too many pairs of socks because I don't want to do laundry twice just for socks...but that may be what I end up doing :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing. Starting to think I may need to think about an alternative to Uber/ Lyft for my arrival.
I think what they are trying to do is get the rideshare drivers to stop parking on the sides of the roads all around the airport. It just adds to the chaos that is MCO. We have a record numbers of travelers right now for the holidays. Like I said, I am 45 minutes east of Disney and the traffic has been horrible. Usually it’s lighter during school breaks. The stores and restaurants out this way are insanely busy.

Semi-local here, 100 miles from WDW: I find NO forecasts to be especially accurate these days, particularly more than a few hours out. I generally use a combo of Weather Channel + Accuweather + WESH (local Orlando TV channel) for general planning - they’re decent for a general overview of a few days, i.e.: there could be some rain, temps rising or dropping, etc. But I really do pack for nearly all possibilities, make a general assessment the night before a race, and don’t finalize anything until an hour before I need to walk out the door. Many, many times I’ve gone to a rD race with a poncho and/or Mylar in my pocket and never needed it… but the few times I did, I was happy to have them with me!

It’s currently showing that the coldest morning will be Friday. I own no winter running clothes. Praying I’ll be ok with my long sleeve shirt and shorts. 😝
Walmart- there’s still time to grab throwaway fleece - sweatpants, hoodie, blanket. In my rD experience, nothing beats fleece for staying warm pre-race, and those are easy to hang on to for as long as you need them while running, then toss. Also, cheap knit gloves. And then they get donated to local shelters, so someone else who needs warm layers will benefit, too!

I currently have two medium-sized (I’m quite petite, so “medium” is as large as I can manage!) suitcases packed full… and I’m going to need a small third. But then I’m thinking life could be easier if I do 3 medium sized bags and don’t stuff them full, since I need to haul these things down 2 flights of stairs and into my trunk. I’d rather make more trips with lighter bags than fall down the stairs! I’ve got all I need for 3 seasons plus rain - the only things I haven’t packed are a swimsuit and down coat. :rotfl2:

So did we, called the number on the rundisney site and then she kept getting redirected, ending up talking to someone at rundisney and they told her where to go on the website and what form to fill out.
I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of them allowing bib transfers (it opens up a major can of worms for popular races like this). They HAVE given gift card refunds in special cases, particularly in the last couple of years with so many people needing to cancel with covid. Not sure if they’re going to keep doing that though. I’d follow up but as previously noted, they’re generally not that quick with responses and this was a holiday week with two consecutive race weekends coming up. They’re jammed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter