Marathon only bibs - 7037
Goofy bibs - 1014
Dopey bibs - 8068

Total Marathon bibs - 16119

HM only bibs - 10055

Total HM bibs - 19137

10k only bibs - 5525

Total 10k bibs - 13593

Caveat that not all bib numbers are assigned and not all runners with assigned bibs will show up on race day.
Wow, that’s WAY down from the days of 25,000+! Probably too much to hope that it might also mean less congestion… from what I’ve seen lately, it just means feeding us all through faster to get the parks emptied sooner.

I have a super-specific rain question, but if anyone can answer it, it’s this crew :rotfl:

Has anyone run in the rain - let’s assume heavy rain - holding a plastic lightsaber?! Like, is that going to be impossibly slippery? Might a layer of KT tape wrapped around the handle help??

If it looks like rain for the half, I may ditch my light-up saber, because I’m sure it won’t survive the rain, but have a back-up non-lighting (read: no batteries) option. I’ve had it for many years, so it wouldn’t be the worst thing if I get fed up and ditch it along the course.

I have a super-specific rain question, but if anyone can answer it, it’s this crew :rotfl:

Has anyone run in the rain - let’s assume heavy rain - holding a plastic lightsaber?! Like, is that going to be impossibly slippery? Might a layer of KT tape wrapped around the handle help??

If it looks like rain for the half, I may ditch my light-up saber, because I’m sure it won’t survive the rain, but have a back-up non-lighting (read: no batteries) option. I’ve had it for many years, so it wouldn’t be the worst thing if I get fed up and ditch it along the course.
I have zero real world experience with this, but could you make a little KT tape handle to stick your hand through? Sort of like the blue part here. Might make it easier to hold if it's slippery.
image (11).jpg

I am also thinking about rain-based costume adjustments I might need to make!

Anyone have a guess as to what coral a marathon number 35xx would put someone in?

SAFD

My tips:

1. Take care of yourself - No matter what race(s) you are doing, you are asking your body to do a LOT. Listen to what it is telling you and give it what it needs. Make sure to prioritize sleep, food and hydration. Don't be afraid to ditch your park plans if need be. The parks will be there on your next trip.

2. If you need help, ASK for it - There is no shame in asking for help. Disney is fabulous with the support that they give their runners so use it. Or reach out to this list - or even just ask the runner next to you. There are no strangers in the running community as we are all striving for that finish line.

3. Look out for each other - If you see someone struggling, ask what you can do to help. Don't be afraid to start a conversation with a random stranger. A moment (or a bunch of miles) of kindness can make all of the difference to someone and can make your race experience a lot more fun as well.

Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone run in the rain - let’s assume heavy rain - holding a plastic lightsaber?! Like, is that going to be impossibly slippery?

I run in the rain frequently enough, and while never with your specific item, it doesn’t seem to me like it would be a problem. I would continue as normal if it were me planning!

As God intended
Seriously. Every time, and my husband doesn’t understand because I am not usually a cryer. But HEA gets me every.freaking.time. Sometimes I think I’ll make it, and then “I can go the distance” starts up.

Also, tonight was the most synched up I’ve ever seen the fireworks with the music. It. Was. Amazing.

Aaaand we just caught the tail end of the Epcot fireworks on our monorail ride over for our eeh GotG VQ.

Seriously. Every time, and my husband doesn’t understand because I am not usually a cryer. But HEA gets me every.freaking.time. Sometimes I think I’ll make it, and then “I can go the distance” starts up.

Also, tonight was the most synched up I’ve ever seen the fireworks with the music. It. Was. Amazing.

Aaaand we just caught the tail end of the Epcot fireworks on our monorail ride over for our eeh GotG VQ.
I don’t think it’s possible to get to the “I can go the distance” part if HEA and not cry. I certainly have not been able to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter