Marathon Weekend 2024

I mostly use carrot for weather and every time it had the storm in the afternoon until I got the email and checked again and has the thunder icon at 9am 🤷‍♂️

Fueling for a 7ish and 6ish miler. How do you go about it? I wouldn’t generally fuel for either distance, but do for a half obviously. If my plan is to do the remaining miles as soon as I get back to my room, I have no idea how to fuel

Fueling for a 7ish and 6ish miler. How do you go about it? I wouldn’t generally fuel for either distance, but do for a half obviously. If my plan is to do the remaining miles as soon as I get back to my room, I have no idea how to fuel
I've got a bag of Honey Stinger gummies I was going to use during the half. I'll probably start taking them late in the first 7 and finish them up on the bus to the resort. That should be plenty to get me through the last 6, especially if I add in some of the full octane Powerade they're handing out after the races.

Just saw the news (was out doing delivery when it broke). Not there but feel for yall. I guess if it’s any cancellation they didn’t break the news at 8:30 at night after some people had already gone to bed last time?
That's the world's most unfortunate misspelling of "consolation", but thank you for the sentiment! 😀

Just saw the news (was out doing delivery when it broke). Not there but feel for yall. I guess if it’s any cancellation they didn’t break the news at 8:30 at night after some people had already gone to bed last time?
Was looking up the news the last time something similar happened and apparently they sent out the notice at 7:15 pm, I guess they have somewhat of a deadline to make this sort of decision.

Crescent Lake Half a Half marathon! (sounds better than 0.229 Marathon)
That's where I'll be!
I've got a bag of Honey Stinger gummies I was going to use during the half. I'll probably start taking them late in the first 7 and finish them up on the bus to the resort. That should be plenty to get me through the last 6, especially if I add in some of the full octane Powerade they're handing out after the races.
I'm bringing my intended nutrition for the half. I'll get those last miles in on the dread if it's storming.

This is my first Dopey Challenge, and to be honest I’m disappointed about tomorrow. I will say I’m happy they didn’t outright cancel it as I was fearing that. This still doesn’t invalidate dopey for me as I think the marathon should be run as normal.

Weather permitting I may run the remaining miles after the race just so I can actually say I ran the required amount of miles. This is all dependent on how things go tomorrow. I was really looking forward to running through MK but I guess I’ll just have to wait another day.

So far, Dopey has been fun and I’m excited to see how the rest of this weekend goes.

I’m sorry, this is really dumb. Just cancel and give refunds. The shortened course is ridiculous. And to all of you doing the extra 6 miles, c’mon. I took it easy today and walked well over 13.1 miles doing the 10K and then going to Epcot for dinner. Does that mean I completed a half marathon? What’s the point of “completing the race” later? That’s not a race. I’m sorry doing the extra 6 in the parking lot is just as ridiculous as shortening the race.

I’m sorry, this is really dumb. Just cancel and give refunds. The shortened course is ridiculous. And to all of you doing the extra 6 miles, c’mon. I took it easy today and walked well over 13.1 miles doing the 10K and then going to Epcot for dinner. Does that mean I completed a half marathon? What’s the point of “completing the race” later? That’s not a race. I’m sorry doing the extra 6 in the parking lot is just as ridiculous as shortening the race.
You do you, boo.

Nobody's telling you how to handle your shortened course, so how about returning the favor?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter