Marathon Weekend 2025

After 32 years, my DVC stays only cost dues. That's my story, I'm sticking to it. (Please no one do the math for how much Disney tickets post-2,000, food, plane tickets, merchandise, tours, ect have cost over the years...)

In other DVC news, a bit surprised that the Wed night Near Hospitality studio is already fully booked for OKW, but I'm reasonably sure that I have a bit more time to decide on whether to book a regular studio or not for the weekend.

I’m jealous of everyone that can book their hotels already! I’m assuaging my jealousy by booking my resort and flight down to W&D, but it’s not quite enough 😭
I totally feel this way too. The 2 times my family has been, I booked through Walt Disney but you could book the packages way in advance. I’m thinking of using a travel agent but they can’t book anything til packages open up and that would be after MW registration.

I’m jealous of everyone that can book their hotels already! I’m assuaging my jealousy by booking my resort and flight down to W&D, but it’s not quite enough 😭
So…I’m looking at renting DVC through David’s—I wish I wouldn’t have to pay for it now, but the prices they’re showing are comparable to the same number of nights at rack rate for Pop or Coronado (obviously, I can’t compare the actual dates, but going off other dates I can get a basic idea)

So…I’m looking at renting DVC through David’s—I wish I wouldn’t have to pay for it now, but the prices they’re showing are comparable to the same number of nights at rack rate for Pop or Coronado (obviously, I can’t compare the actual dates, but going off other dates I can get a basic idea)
Thinking of it too - my only hesitation is if I don’t get through on registration day.

and that is why we bought. ;)

ETA: registration is before the 7mo window, so there should still be some DVC availability come April. It's once May rolls around that things will get crazy. Just the hard-to-get stuff will be gone (BC, BW, standard Poly/BLT)

For those not interested in DVC, the Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve are already available for booking for Marathon Weekend. Rates are a bit high right now, but you can always book and modify your reservation later if/when rates drop. In my experience, their rates are highly variable depending on when you look, and I usually get the lowest rate around 3-4 months out. Sometimes I rebook 10x in the months before a trip because the rates change daily, if not hourly, just like flights. I don't believe they typically sell out for Marathon Weekend, so I would expect rates to go down at some point. AP rates (code QWH) are available at the Swan and Swan Reserve, there are a few nights unavailable at Dolphin with the code but I imagine will open up soon, as the dates only opened up for booking this week. If you don't see any standard rooms with your dates, I would check again in the next few weeks, sometimes they don't release all the inventory right away.

The Dolphin AAA rate is $369/night after taxes/fees for Monday-Monday. Swan/Swan Reserve are more expensive, in the $410-450/night range.

My mom has been working on our BWV grand villa reservation. It seems like she hasn't had much trouble so I'm excited for that! I'm 'only' doing the marathon so it will be nice for my parents to sit on the balcony to watch me run by. Hopefully my husband and daughter will try to find me at other points along the course, but we will see. My daughter will be a little under 2 YO so the logistics are more challenging than if it was just him.

Well, I submitted my DVC rental request—going for a Boardwalk Studio. It’s getting real 😁😁 I guess I’d better start getting settled in my training habits, so it’s ingrained once Dopey training starts this fall.

EDIT: it’s no longer getting real, BW Studio isn’t available, and nothing else works for my budget except for OKW and Saratoga and I don’t want to be at resorts that big. 😭😭

Last edited:
Well, I submitted my DVC rental request—going for a Boardwalk Studio. It’s getting real 😁😁 I guess I’d better start getting settled in my training habits, so it’s ingrained once Dopey training starts this fall.
that's exciting! We're either going to do the same or go with my trusty Swan/Doplhin booking. Luckily S/D can wait until after registration.

Because I always enjoy an opportunity to offer a differing opinion :rotfl:

Not booking anything yet. Probably won’t book anything until a month or two out, assuming I register. Solid chance even if I do, I’ll change my reservation a few weeks out. Same as it ever was lol! I’ll check out AP rates when they show up, but will probably go offsite to get more space and amenities for less cheddar compared to The Mouse. I stayed onsite this year and regretted not having a full living room, washer/dryer, and kitchen at my disposal. I thought I wouldn’t miss that since I was only doing he 10K and Half instead of Dopey, but I did.

Last edited:

EDIT: it’s no longer getting real, BW Studio isn’t available, and nothing else works for my budget except for OKW and Saratoga and I don’t want to be at resorts that big. 😭😭
I just looked, and if you're OK with garden/pool view, it looks to me like someone is walking a reservation. Are you working directly with an owner or with an agency? Hopefully whoever is walking walks past MW and you can get your reservation.

FWIW I stayed at SSR for springtime and it wasn’t bad. I was in the first building in the paddock section, and while I did have to walk to the bus it wasn’t too far and it’s a pleasant walk. But I understand that’s not for everyone.

I just looked, and if you're OK with garden/pool view, it looks to me like someone is walking a reservation. Are you working directly with an owner or with an agency? Hopefully whoever is walking walks past MW and you can get your reservation.
I was looking for a standard view to keep costs down. I was going to book through David’s. I’ll keep checking availability to see if I can get lucky, but I’ll also survive staying at Pop or Coronado
FWIW I stayed at SSR for springtime and it wasn’t bad. I was in the first building in the paddock section, and while I did have to walk to the bus it wasn’t too far and it’s a pleasant walk. But I understand that’s not for everyone.
I got grumpy at Springtime about the third-of-a-mile walk from my room to the buses at Pop, 😄😄 so I’m not sure I want to risk a longer walk during my first-ever Dopey.

I was looking for a standard view to keep costs down. I was going to book through David’s. I’ll keep checking availability to see if I can get lucky, but I’ll also survive staying at Pop or Coronado
Oh ya, that one's hard to book even as an owner. Maybe something will show up as a confirmed reservation.

I got grumpy at Springtime about the third-of-a-mile walk from my room to the buses at Pop, 😄😄 so I’m not sure I want to risk a longer walk during my first-ever Dopey.
I didn't find anywhere at pop that bad. I am pretty sure the walk from the bus to my room at the Dolphin at MW23 was longer than my walk from the bus to my room in the fifties (building 2) for MW24! 😂

I didn't find anywhere at pop that bad. I am pretty sure the walk from the bus to my room at the Dolphin at MW23 was longer than my walk from the bus to my room in the fifties (building 2) for MW24! 😂
Yeah, I ended up way, way out for springtime, plus the rD bus just had to be the furthest one from my end of the resort. I’ve learned my lesson, and will spring for preferred at Pop from now on.

IMG_6831.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter